Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87807 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2016, 09:39:49 am »

Like I said, in a chapter. :v

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2016, 09:47:10 am »

man, looking at this thread, chances of joining are looking almost Nil...
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2016, 09:49:21 am »

The logical conclusion: Make a good sheet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2016, 09:52:48 am »

More like, make a good sheet and then pray :P

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2016, 09:57:49 am »

can sheets be posted even when the OP sais recruitment is closed?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2016, 10:01:26 am »

You can post a sheet and ask for feedback but hasp won't seriously consider anything until he opens recruitment again and you'd need to resubmit it then

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2016, 12:32:50 pm »

is slave trade a thing in this setting?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2016, 01:09:09 pm »

is slave trade a thing in this setting?

Never were and won't be.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »

Well technically Troi had slaves once upon a time but it got outlawed hundred some years ago. :P

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 08, 2016, 01:38:55 pm »

Edit: Visitable houses usually have open doors, right? (I.e. none of the houses on the current map are visitable, unless they happen to be secrets.)

I have spliced together a custom combat sprite for Arnold:

Here's what it looks like on a map:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:43:46 pm by Mopsy »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 08, 2016, 01:58:12 pm »

Sprite acquired, processed, and transplanted for future use.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 08, 2016, 08:25:25 pm »

Mopsy, heal Siggy.We aren't that hard up for staves.
I don't mind suggestions and friendly debates, but please don't start telling people which moves are the "right" ones when there isn't even any sort of crisis. Insisting on having every decision of any measurable consequence taken by a cabal of experts in the OOC makes the game mechanical and dull, IMO.

I could have waited for Gregory's action to resolve, then for Siegfried's action and Friderick's action, then done the mathematically optimal thing. The problem is that when you do that every time, all the time, the game slows to a crawl of posts that contain mostly coordinates and dice rolls. Battles take months and people devote more effort to fretting over numbers than to roleplaying. Doesn't this sound at least a little familiar to you, BMM?

In the interest of dealing with this in a civilized fashion, I'll retract my action for now. Then I'd like to hear what Haspen and the other players think about this.
  • Are we going to be nice little automatons, making sure that no-one ever dies or even gets KO'ed if we can help it?
  • Or should we be allowed to play fast and loose, within reason, to keep things flowing and create a richer story?
  • Or is there some third way that is the best of both worlds?
People might think I'm overreacting here, but this isn't just about healing Siegfried or not. I have been thinking about the tendency toward paranoid micromanagement in recent FEF's since before I applied for FEF6. I'm hoping that if the issue is brought up for discussion, everyone's stance on the matter will be made clear. Then we'll know what kind of game people actually want to play.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #313 on: July 08, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »

I mean, Siegfried doesn't actually need to be healed all that desperately. If our healer thinks we should be saving staff durability, then I'm willing to just roll with it. I feel like a mix of stopping to plan and just, yknow, going is probably the best, personally.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 08, 2016, 08:43:04 pm »

Mopsy, heal Siggy.We aren't that hard up for staves.
I don't mind suggestions and friendly debates, but please don't start telling people which moves are the "right" ones when there isn't even any sort of crisis. Insisting on having every decision of any measurable consequence taken by a cabal of experts in the OOC makes the game mechanical and dull, IMO.

I could have waited for Gregory's action to resolve, then for Siegfried's action and Friderick's action, then done the mathematically optimal thing. The problem is that when you do that every time, all the time, the game slows to a crawl of posts that contain mostly coordinates and dice rolls. Battles take months and people devote more effort to fretting over numbers than to roleplaying. Doesn't this sound at least a little familiar to you, BMM?

In the interest of dealing with this in a civilized fashion, I'll retract my action for now. Then I'd like to hear what Haspen and the other players think about this.
  • Are we going to be nice little automatons, making sure that no-one ever dies or even gets KO'ed if we can help it?
  • Or should we be allowed to play fast and loose, within reason, to keep things flowing and create a richer story?
  • Or is there some third way that is the best of both worlds?
People might think I'm overreacting here, but this isn't just about healing Siegfried or not. I have been thinking about the tendency toward paranoid micromanagement in recent FEF's since before I applied for FEF6. I'm hoping that if the issue is brought up for discussion, everyone's stance on the matter will be made clear. Then we'll know what kind of game people actually want to play.

Don't you sass me. A member of the group is injured, and you are ignoring that for... some reason. There is no reason to leave him in danger. As I said, we don't have an inventory problem as yet, so there is no reason not to heal him. And even if we weren't, keeping the tank healthy is generally high priority. Willfully allowing people to fall creates stress and uncertainty, which slows posting, something you apparently take serious issue with.

Besides keeping units healthy when they have WTP against the hard hitters on the map being its own reward, every time you heal gives us EXP. More levels is better. And I want to address something right now-

Why would we ever not want the bolded part? Ever? Most people don't join a game to get their character killed. That said, if you want to get your character killed because it would 'create a richer story', knock yourself out. But when you take the primary healer slot, certain responsibilities come with it, specifically that of keeping the rest of the party healthy. Willfully not healing is comparable to the tank refusing to hold a choke, or a thief refusing to move forward to steal a stat booster.

And another thing- I don't appreciate being treated like I expect everyone to do exactly what I say. Earlier today, on the IRC, I advised the others to move to secure the left center section of the map, since there is only one enemy free to roam there. No one followed my advice, and I let it drop.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 99