Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Schwarzwald beta test (Mac, Windows, Linux) - turn-based medieval survival game  (Read 10882 times)

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I found the song you guys mean. Can you check if this is the song?

http://www.jewelbeat.com/free/free-music/JewelBeat%20-%20Haunted%20Revenge.wav

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yeah, that's exactly the one. Should be removed outright imho, the others fit the game quite well.

Crowe~

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yup, thats the one I meant also.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've removed it. I'm very hard working on a complete UI revamp, that is why you hear so little from me right now.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beta 7 has been released and it's amazing. I'm really proud of the new UI:

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

i can haz ptw?

So yea, googled said it was spam.

I was under the impression I could do a single player game to wet my feet.  All I saw was 1 game taking signups and no option to make my own game.

I picked a family of 4 on a corner piece.  I hope that wasnt a mistake :shifty:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:00:50 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new UI looks to be a major improvement.

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The UI upgrade is solid. Game takes less than five minutes to play per day. That is important because at the moment it's not that engaging for whatever reason. I'm not far enough into a town to understand the implications of the basic analytical choices I'm making. I'll keep playing though and see how things evolve since it takes such little time. The diaries that are revealed at the end of towns seem like a nice touch.

The cooperation/competition stuff is quite primitive at the moment. I played Die2Nite (a similar game) in the early days and it was pretty simple. I returned to the game five years later and they had gradually added some nice complexity that enhanced the amount of skill and cooperation required.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 07:18:58 am by Datgum »

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was under the impression I could do a single player game to wet my feet.  All I saw was 1 game taking signups and no option to make my own game.

There's no single-player game. Eventually, I plan to add an interactive tutorial, where you can play 3-4 turns on a pre-determined map, but that is still in the future.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the feedback, Datgum and Mookzen. I plan to add a few more things, and I have some plans to make the forest more competitive. But in the end, the idea is to have reasonably simple gameplay. Nevertheless, even during alpha when we didn't have henhouses and towers and wells, several different strategies already emerged.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Beta 8 has been released, including the long awaited diary viewer, a new graveyard in the center of the village that fills up as the body count rises, and a lot of bugfixes and small improvements.

..Tom..

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And here is build 9 with a bunch of interesting changes. Most importantly, henhouses are now properly integrated into the game with their own rules: Foxes are attracted by them, while boars ignore them (they don't eat chicken). This makes henhouses a lot less imba.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

you could put a link to the site in the main menu
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Betrayal. It's betrayal.

Downloading now. Looks definitely playable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5