Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.  (Read 14660 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2016, 01:01:04 pm »

PSA:
In Chrome Flesh, there is a quality called Biocompatibility that might cause either cyberware or bioware (not both) that costs 0.1 Essence to cost 0 Essence, depending on whether you side with the RAW or the rules that the example implies.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:22:17 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2016, 02:21:43 pm »

Howmany .1 cost things are there though?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2016, 02:28:03 pm »

Quite a lot, actually. I think there's a table of augments in Chrome Flesh that can tell me exactly how many. Hang on.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2016, 04:29:05 pm »

PSA:
In Chrome Flesh, there is a quality called Biocompatibility that might cause either cyberware or bioware (not both) that costs 0.1 Essence to cost 0 Essence, depending on whether you side with the RAW or the rules that the example implies.

Incorrect, once again. Judging from the Official Forum Unofficial Erratta, it was simply poorly worded. Basically what it actually is is an additional 10% discount. What its trying to say there is that Alpha normally costs 80% of the cost, with this advantage, it would only cost 70%. A chart:

Standard: 0.9, flat reduction by 0.1
Used: 1.15, only outlier in the group, likely something to do with the 125% multiplier starting point.
Alpha:0.7, original value of 0.72
Beta:0.6, original value of 0.63
Delta:0.4, original value of 0.45
Gamma: 0.3, original value of 0.36

((Chart by chummer5a)).

So a Standard .1 would cost .09 with this, for example. Not a lot, but not zero.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2016, 05:00:58 pm »

PSA:

Incorrect, once again. Judging from the Official Forum Unofficial Erratta, it was simply poorly worded. Basically what it actually is is an additional 10% discount. What its trying to say there is that Alpha normally costs 80% of the cost, with this advantage, it would only cost 70%. A chart:

Used: 1.15, only outlier in the group, likely something to do with the 125% multiplier starting point.

((Chart by chummer5a)).

So a Standard .1 would cost .09 with this, for example. Not a lot, but not zero.
Key word: Unofficial.

Yeah, I knew what the designers wanted it to do (they've stated it in multiple forum posts), but what they wanted was different than what they actually published.

I'll go with the word of our GM on this, though.

*One quick table perusal later*
Yeah... Actually, I'm not going to count that. You can look at it yourself in the Chrome Steel PDF that the GM put in the OP, though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2016, 05:08:17 pm »

PSA:

((Chart by chummer5a)).

Yeah, I knew what the designers wanted it to do (they've stated it in multiple forum posts), but what they wanted was different than what they actually published.

Yeah... Actually, I'm not going to count that. You can look at it yourself in the Chrome Steel PDF that the GM put in the OP, though.

...If you know what the developers meant, and you purposefully ignore it, you are bad at optimizing.

No, what they actually published was what they actually wanted. They just worded it poorly, and your (apparently purposeful) misreading doesn't change the actual rule. What they wrote:

In game terms, the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth. This rebate is cumulative with the reduction offered by the chosen ’ware’s grade, if any (e.g., the reduction for alphaware of 0.8 is reduced by ten percent, or 0.08, to become 0.72, and is rounded down to 0.7). This quality can only be chosen for bioware or cyberware. This quality may only be taken once.

While you could confuse it with what you are trying to do if you didn't know what they are going for, once you know what they wanted it is pretty clear what they meant. There is no reading of this that would give you free things if they originally cost .1.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2016, 06:23:29 pm »

I would check the table if I wasent working. Ahwell, I guess ill do it in a few hours.

Hrmm... yah, their saying to always round down is iffy.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2016, 06:28:23 pm »

I would check the table if I wasent working. Ahwell, I guess ill do it in a few hours.

Hrmm... yah, their saying to always round down is iffy.

The provided example specifically shows what is being rounded down. As I said, you could be confused if you didn't know what the intent was, but once you know what they meant it is fairly easy to see what they where saying.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2016, 01:32:31 am »

PSA:

((Chart by chummer5a)).

...If you know what the developers meant, and you purposefully ignore it, you are bad at optimizing.

No, what they actually published was what they actually wanted. They just worded it poorly, and your (apparently purposeful) misreading doesn't change the actual rule. What they wrote:

In game terms, the Essence cost of implants of the particular chosen type are reduced by ten percent, rounded down to the tenth. This rebate is cumulative with the reduction offered by the chosen ’ware’s grade, if any (e.g., the reduction for alphaware of 0.8 is reduced by ten percent, or 0.08, to become 0.72, and is rounded down to 0.7). This quality can only be chosen for bioware or cyberware. This quality may only be taken once.

While you could confuse it with what you are trying to do if you didn't know what they are going for, once you know what they wanted it is pretty clear what they meant. There is no reading of this that would give you free things if they originally cost .1.
It was a long shot, but I figured that I'd give it a try.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2016, 04:17:08 am »

If you take more Stun damage than you have remaining Stun boxes, do you take the unsoaked damage as overflow damage?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2016, 04:38:50 am »

From what I have seen of the game, yes.

-edit-

Found the bit in the book.
Quote from: SR 5th pg 170
If the damage is Stun, it carries over into the Physical damage track. For every two full boxes of excess Stun damage, carry over 1 box to the Physical damage track
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 04:43:07 am by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »

Do not use unconscious people as target practice for taser darts, got it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2016, 02:11:32 pm »

From what I have seen of the game, yes.

-edit-

Found the bit in the book.
Quote from: SR 5th pg 170
If the damage is Stun, it carries over into the Physical damage track. For every two full boxes of excess Stun damage, carry over 1 box to the Physical damage track
Ah.

Where are the penalties for damage listed, by the way?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »

Round about that point in the book, the page before.
Highly Opinionated Fool

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2016, 07:54:39 pm »

What happens if you chuck a gas grenade full of Shade (a drug from Chrome Flesh) at biological enemies?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8