Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.  (Read 14674 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2016, 01:51:58 am »

A few questions:

Can Mystic Adepts take the sweet Adept-only metamagics that are in the Street Grimoire (specifically, the blood magic-based one that lets you copy the abilities of the critters that you've stabbed (for a short time))?

If a Mystic Adept takes the Adept power that lets you see into the astral plane, can he target astral plane-only creatures with mana-based spells?

If a Mystic Adept takes that metamagic that lets you travel to other metaplanes, can he use it? Can he use it to go to the astral plane as well?

Is there somewhere that I can buy a regenerating, sentient (but not necessarily sapient) ball of flesh for me to stab to fuel my (obtained at some point in the future) blood magic?

Can I create an [Element] Wall in such a way that a creature will already be inside of its area when it's created (so that they'll immediately be counted as having touched it)?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:04:59 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2016, 03:30:28 am »

A mystic adapt can not astral project so they can not go to metaplanes... normally.  There are places where anyone can enter the astral plane and from there they could go to the metaplanes.

Is there somewhere that I can buy a regenerating, sentient (but not necessarily sapient) ball of flesh for me to stab to fuel my (obtained at some point in the future) blood magic?

Of course there is!  This is the sixth world after all.  How much do you have to spend is the question.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2016, 12:16:06 pm »

A mystic adapt can not astral project so they can not go to metaplanes... normally.  There are places where anyone can enter the astral plane and from there they could go to the metaplanes.

Of course there is!  This is the sixth world after all.  How much do you have to spend is the question.
Thank you for the response.

Also:

Can I use some of the free 10 spells that I get for being a Priority A Magic-User to get alchemical and/or ritual spells?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »

Can I be initiated into multiple schools of magic? Do I have a separate initiate score for each of them, or one unified initiate score?

If I want to use my first initiate level to purchase a metamagic for free, but the school that I belong to requires me to take a specific ritual during initiation, may I use my karma to buy the ritual instead of using my free metamagic/ritual purchase on it?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2016, 01:31:39 pm »

Can I only take metamagics that come from at least one of my schools?

Is Blood Magic its own school of magic?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 01:34:48 pm »

Wow that is a lot of questions :0. Just use Chummer and hope it stops you from breaking character creation rules?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2016, 02:44:26 pm »

Alright alright alright, slow the fuck down :P

FIRST OF ALL, PLEASE KEEP ALL SPECIFIC DETAILS ABOUT YOUR CHAR PRIVATE. THANKS. I want peoples chars to be discovered through roleplay, not rollplay. So I would suggest scrubbing your posts or changing your ideas. Second of all, please please please come to the discord(it's linked in the OP) and you can ask me there directly!

To answer the questions.

A few questions:

Can Mystic Adepts take the sweet Adept-only metamagics that are in the Street Grimoire (specifically, the blood magic-based one that lets you copy the abilities of the critters that you've stabbed (for a short time))?

If a Mystic Adept takes the Adept power that lets you see into the astral plane, can he target astral plane-only creatures with mana-based spells?

If a Mystic Adept takes that metamagic that lets you travel to other metaplanes, can he use it? Can he use it to go to the astral plane as well?

Can I create an [Element] Wall in such a way that a creature will already be inside of its area when it's created (so that they'll immediately be counted as having touched it)?
1. Yes, but let's talk about blood magic for a bit.

Outside of one place on the planet(Atlazan) Blood magic is completely, 100% illegal. And we're not talking parking ticket, not 6 months behind bars, we're talking people will shoot to kill, and with very high caliber weapons. You won't get a trial because they want you dead. And this is not something the public is too fussed about either. Outside of fellow blood magic users, you will find no friends, anywhere, if they know what you do. Regular people will call the cops if you reveal yourself, mages who look at you in the Astral will KNOW you're a blood magic user, and will try to stop you just to prevent your particular brand. Being a blood magic user is like being a serial killer. Maybe you're an alright person, or you have a good reason to do what you do, even if that is very unlikely, people don't care. Your MO is so abhorrent people will kill you no matter what the justification. Outside of Atlazan. Where we're not operating. Course, you could have come from there where it's allright, but you better have a really good fucking backstory to have a reason and the methods to leave Atlazan. People who are born there, especially blood mages, don't do any leaving. Because you get killed if you do.

2. No

3. Traveling to metaplanes is not the same as the Astral plane. Think of the astral plane another layer on the real world, that most people just can't see, and the metaplanes are different dimensions.

4. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha No. If it exists, it's outside your paygrade.

5. Sure.

Also:

Can I use some of the free 10 spells that I get for being a Priority A Magic-User to get alchemical and/or ritual spells?

Alchemy is trash, would not recommend. If you want for rituals.

Can I be initiated into multiple schools of magic? Do I have a separate initiate score for each of them, or one unified initiate score?

If I want to use my first initiate level to purchase a metamagic for free, but the school that I belong to requires me to take a specific ritual during initiation, may I use my karma to buy the ritual instead of using my free metamagic/ritual purchase on it?

No, you can't. If you could, they would be separate.

You gotta follow the rules of the school. If you can afford the Karma cost, yes.

Yes, and yes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:49:49 pm by werty892 »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2016, 03:01:48 pm »

Alchemy is not all bad but you REALLY need to know what you are doing.  If you are going to use alchemy I strongly recommend talking to the DM in chat to work out how it actually works.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »

Alright alright alright, slow the fuck down :P

FIRST OF ALL, PLEASE KEEP ALL SPECIFIC DETAILS ABOUT YOUR CHAR PRIVATE. THANKS. I want peoples chars to be discovered through roleplay, not rollplay. So I would suggest scrubbing your posts or changing your ideas. Second of all, please please please come to the discord(it's linked in the OP) and you can ask me there directly!

To answer the questions.

A few questions:

1. Yes, but let's talk about blood magic for a bit.

Outside of one place on the planet(Atlazan) Blood magic is completely, 100% illegal. And we're not talking parking ticket, not 6 months behind bars, we're talking people will shoot to kill, and with very high caliber weapons. You won't get a trial because they want you dead. And this is not something the public is too fussed about either. Outside of fellow blood magic users, you will find no friends, anywhere, if they know what you do. Regular people will call the cops if you reveal yourself, mages who look at you in the Astral will KNOW you're a blood magic user, and will try to stop you just to prevent your particular brand. Being a blood magic user is like being a serial killer. Maybe you're an alright person, or you have a good reason to do what you do, even if that is very unlikely, people don't care. Your MO is so abhorrent people will kill you no matter what the justification. Outside of Atlazan. Where we're not operating. Course, you could have come from there where it's allright, but you better have a really good fucking backstory to have a reason and the methods to leave Atlazan. People who are born there, especially blood mages, don't do any leaving. Because you get killed if you do.

2. No

3. Traveling to metaplanes is not the same as the Astral plane. Think of the astral plane another layer on the real world, that most people just can't see, and the metaplanes are different dimensions.

4. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha No. If it exists, it's outside your paygrade.

5. Sure.

Also:

Alchemy is trash, would not recommend. If you want for rituals.

No, you can't. If you could, they would be separate.

You gotta follow the rules of the school. If you can afford the Karma cost, yes.

Yes, and yes.
How can anyone summon Greater Blood Spirits, then? Can someone be "unschooled', and be only able to take the metamagics that are listed in the core rulebook?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2016, 04:27:36 pm »

Alchemy is not all bad but you REALLY need to know what you are doing.  If you are going to use alchemy I strongly recommend talking to the DM in chat to work out how it actually works.
It seems like healing spells would work really well with alchemy- you wouldn't have to sustain them (and impose a -2 penalty on all actions on yourself, which could be significant in a combat situaton) until they became permanent.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2016, 04:55:16 pm »

Move along, nothing to see here...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:08:57 pm by ATHATH »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2016, 04:57:10 pm »

The GM doesn't want you to post the fluff/crunch here :P. Probably should eliminate the evidence.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2016, 05:11:25 pm »

The GM doesn't want you to post the fluff/crunch here :P. Probably should eliminate the evidence.
But I put it in a spoiler!

Fine...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2016, 06:35:50 pm »

The idea is we only know what the other people tell us/we can see for ourselves/
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2016, 09:33:49 pm »

The idea is we only know what the other people tell us/we can see for ourselves/
I know; the "fine" wasn't meant to be serious. I figured that since it was in a spoiler, it'd be fine because the other players could choose not to look at it. Sorry for the confusion.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8