Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.  (Read 14665 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 06:45:58 pm »

All right, sheet made. Trying to find a way to post the thing Chummer gives me here. Might need to be looked over, I read the rules and used the tool, though that doesn't grantee everything turned out right :P. I tried to min-max a little, seeing as I have no clue what I am doing I figured doing my best would give me at least a semi-playable character :P.

For now, here is the full-text version:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:30:44 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 06:48:04 pm »

Tentative interest.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 07:28:42 pm »

All right, sheet made. Trying to find a way to post the thing Chummer gives me here. Might need to be looked over, I read the rules and used the tool, though that doesn't grantee everything turned out right :P. I tried to min-max a little, seeing as I have no clue what I am doing I figured doing my best would give me at least a semi-playable character :P.

For now, here is the full-text version:

Shh delete your sheet and send me the file directly. I'm on mobile but yeah, dont want people to be sharing their sheets. I want that kind of stuff to come out IC.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:54:45 pm by werty892 »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 07:46:21 pm »

You might want to edit out that spoiler, werty.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2016, 07:55:46 pm »

You might want to edit out that spoiler, werty.
Thanks for the catch. I was on mobile, so I missed it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 07:59:38 pm »

That would have been good to know earlier -_-.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 09:25:16 pm »

That would have been good to know earlier -_-.
Sorry! But yes, send me char sheets directly. Do not post in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 09:28:42 pm by werty892 »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 10:28:19 pm »

Double post, but I got reminded that I forgot this. We're going to be running in Seattle, but that's not the only place you'll go.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 06:15:37 am »

Hmm.. I'm tentatively interested, I'll need some time to peruse the rules and such though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 12:55:04 pm »

As a update, I've received two character sheets as of now. Two Street Sam/Fighter types. So I would nudge people who are interested into looking into being a mage, Shaman, Face, Decker, etc. Remember if you're new to the game to poke me on Discord for help with char creation.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [3/6].
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 08:18:19 pm »

We've hit three outta six, with a fourth on the way. The areas that are lacking are the Decker and Face departments for anyone interested.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 10:19:06 pm »

I'll declare interest now, but I won't be able to work on a sheet until tomorrow.

As for experience with role-playing games, I've Gm'd two RTDs (links here and here), I've applied to two Dnd games on this forum (both applications rejected, links here and here, I played a bit of footsoldiers (an experimental system one of the forumites was designing, link here though it was almost entirely combat focused and very little role-playing was involved), and I was part of Piecewise's incredibly short-lived magical girl RTD (link here, little role-playing though, so you can probably skip it), and finally I applied for Draginian's lighthouse, a very ambitious game that he even created his own wiki for. I was rejected, although this time due to the conflict of interest between me and the leader and not due to the quality of my sheet. It's sad to see what happened to the game afterwards but here's the link to my sheet. As of this writing, I consider my lighthouse sheet to be the best character sheet I've ever written. It took a week to write and it went through multiple drafts though, so I don't know if I will be consistent.

TLR: I've had a little experience with forum games, but not role-playing games (unless you want to count the times when I played make-believe with my friends as a child). I've tried to get into play-by-post games, but my applications keep getting rejected for one reason or another. Here I will be trying again.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 11:01:43 pm »

I'll declare interest now, but I won't be able to work on a sheet until tomorrow.

As for experience with role-playing games, I've Gm'd two RTDs (links here and here), I've applied to two Dnd games on this forum (both applications rejected, links here and here, I played a bit of footsoldiers (an experimental system one of the forumites was designing, link here though it was almost entirely combat focused and very little role-playing was involved), and I was part of Piecewise's incredibly short-lived magical girl RTD (link here, little role-playing though, so you can probably skip it), and finally I applied for Draginian's lighthouse, a very ambitious game that he even created his own wiki for. I was rejected, although this time due to the conflict of interest between me and the leader and not due to the quality of my sheet. It's sad to see what happened to the game afterwards but here's the link to my sheet. As of this writing, I consider my lighthouse sheet to be the best character sheet I've ever written. It took a week to write and it went through multiple drafts though, so I don't know if I will be consistent.

TLR: I've had a little experience with forum games, but not role-playing games (unless you want to count the times when I played make-believe with my friends as a child). I've tried to get into play-by-post games, but my applications keep getting rejected for one reason or another. Here I will be trying again.
Sounds great. Drop in the discord and I'll help you with making a character.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 10:16:40 am »

Bump, but I'd like to get this rolling. So! I want to get this started by Wednesday. That means everyone who has already given me a sheet needs to finish their backstory or descriptions, sometimes both by that date. Everyone who has declared interest, you need to decide if you're in or out. If you are in, then go hop on to the discord and ping me and I'll help you get started. For experienced Shadowrun players, we're currently lacking in the Face and Matrix departments, however, you do not need to go those if you don't want to.

Links to both the discord and my book collection are in the first post. If you're having trouble with Chummer5, try downloading the nightly version from here and the bug may be fixed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 03:02:54 pm »

I'm sorry this resume was so late. I started writing it on my phone, but then went on vacation to a place with poor connection strength for it (my phone).

RPG Resume:
Has lurked or been active for a few years here and on gitp
A large amount of experience creating and optimizing characters (often just for fun) for D&D 3.5
Is aware of the roleplaying fallacies
Has read a couple of the better campaign logs out there
Has a general idea of what the Shadowrun 'verse is like
Has watched most of Spoony's videos about his Shadowrun games
Has read many of the works of the undisputed master of Smart (and Lawful) Evil, Red Fel
Level 50+ in Fallout Four
Played through KOTOR ll at least twice
Pokemon fan
Played through the first Baldur's Gate
Prefers mages and support characters

I'm torn between playing a mage or a chemical weapons expert. Does the rest of the party have any preference?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8