Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.  (Read 14679 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6].
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 08:49:46 pm »

Status Update: Since my mobile devices can't unzip files, I waited until I got home from vacation (today) to read up on the system. My sheet might be a little bit late...
That's what the waitlist is for :)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 10:19:42 pm »

For anyone who isn't on discord, the game has started and you can find a link to the IC thread here
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:17 pm »

Status Update: Since my mobile devices can't unzip files, I waited until I got home from vacation (today) to read up on the system. My sheet might be a little bit late...
That's what the waitlist is for :)
Do you happen to have some unzipped copies that you can share? Google Drive decided to stop unzipping the folder halfway through, so I can only access a few of the books.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 10:40:01 pm »

Maybe you need to try again, that's what I did.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 10:41:44 pm by Zormod »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 10:44:12 pm »

If you can get on discord, I can throw them at you there.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2016, 03:25:30 pm »

I already tried three times.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2016, 04:36:09 pm »

I already tried three times.
Just download them directly onto your computer, then unzip, then upload the individual books to Google Drive? That might work.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun 5th edition PbP OOC Thread [6/6] Waitlist open.
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2016, 05:54:40 pm »

Should I be posting questions and direct actions in the IC thread?  I was going to look for a diner with private booths where I could check out the night club from a distance and maybe do some other astral stuff.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2016, 05:58:24 pm »

I believe you can just pm Welty on discord whenever he's online.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2016, 06:01:59 pm »

Discord is usually the easiest way to get ahold of him.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2016, 01:04:11 am »

Ok, I finally managed to get it working, and am almost done with my character, a Dwarven pseudo-vampire (allergy to sunlight (which is an explicitly stated example of a common allergy, by the way) FTW) who debuffs his foes and/or mind-controls them using a variety of methods. I'm at the part where I select my gear, and I'm having trouble deciding which gun(s) to choose, if I pick up any at all. Should every character have a non-magic weapon, or is attempting to engage in ranged combat with only a 1 in Agility and a tranquilizer pistol (or that cool-looki pain-gun) a waste of time?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2016, 01:21:13 am »

Ok, I finally managed to get it working, and am almost done with my character, a Dwarven pseudo-vampire (allergy to sunlight (which is an explicitly stated example of a common allergy, by the way) FTW) who debuffs his foes and/or mind-controls them using a variety of methods. I'm at the part where I select my gear, and I'm having trouble deciding which gun(s) to choose, if I pick up any at all. Should every character have a non-magic weapon, or is attempting to engage in ranged combat with only a 1 in Agility and a tranquilizer pistol (or that cool-looki pain-gun) a waste of time?

It couldn't hurt to have a backup weapon, just a holdout pistol or something. A Walther Palm Pistol would work, its cheap, decently powerful, and can be hidden easily.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2016, 01:33:39 am »

I would check THIS for some ideas for a backup weapon. As for if you should go with it, fo course! One of us may even be able to teach yer psudo-vamp how to shoot well with whatever you choose.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2016, 01:45:44 am »

I would check THIS for some ideas for a backup weapon. As for if you should go with it, fo course! One of us may even be able to teach yer psudo-vamp how to shoot well with whatever you choose.

Well he would have to spend Karma on it, taking it away from his main build. It looks like he is doing a bit of min-maxing, I doubt he will want any of us to teach him how to shoot if he could be spending that time learning to control minds or something instead.

**FAIRLY IMPORTANT EDIT**

I missed this earlier :0. It was an example of Common allergies, meaning the object itself is common. Sunlight is Common because it is everywhere, but sunlight allergies aren't common in that the general populous has a lot of people who are allergic to sunlight. Like, grass is given as an example of Uncommon allergies while grass allergies are fairly common in that a lot of people have them.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:25:17 am by Stirk »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 04, 2016, 03:59:43 am »

Well he would have to spend Karma on it, taking it away from his main build. It looks like he is doing a bit of min-maxing, I doubt he will want any of us to teach him how to shoot if he could be spending that time learning to control minds or something instead.

**FAIRLY IMPORTANT EDIT**

I missed this earlier :0. It was an example of Common allergies, meaning the object itself is common. Sunlight is Common because it is everywhere, but sunlight allergies aren't common in that the general populous has a lot of people who are allergic to sunlight. Like, grass is given as an example of Uncommon allergies while grass allergies are fairly common in that a lot of people have them.
I know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8