Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Optional addon packs (see page 12 for info) - yay or nay?

Yay
Nay

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: [47.05] ZM5's Mod Depository - Shadowlands Update  (Read 145036 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.02] ZM5's Mod Depository - Mech Update, playable Forsaken
« Reply #165 on: November 27, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »

Minor update - since I discovered you can essentially buy additional citizens on embark from various wild races, as long as they're in the pet list of a race, I gave all the wild playable races pet values. Gave the vanilla Trolls pet values as well - only in the full pack though.

There's three races and two creatures that were in the mod since the previous version, but tbh I forgot about the two new creatures since they were a very minor part of the update, and as for the races I wasn't entirely sure if they'd actually show up in-game with the civs, or just end up being dummied out, so here they are.
Spoiler: List (click to show/hide)
To play as said races, you have to start from their civ atleast once (or simply get near their sites) - at that point the next time around they should be available. The same goes for any other race thats supposed to be a "pet" of a civ.

Also, I've made Geists and Wights pets available to the Forsaken - previously they were only available to the Undead.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2017, 06:02:30 am »

Minor fix - altered the plant creature tissues, so they shouldn't fall apart easily from mere punches - also made the Lashers vine whipping attack edged, as was originally intended.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2017, 06:35:59 am »

Fixed a crash issue with the stand-alone Warcraft pack - sorry, some files were missing.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2017, 01:57:45 pm »

Small fix - added the [SPECIAL] token to inorganic "projectiles", to prevent them from being used for artifacts, and FBs made out of them also wont show up. For the Warcraft part of the pack, I did a few minor changes to the Hill Ettins - if you play as the Forsaken, they should no longer sleep endlessly, and also wont endlessly haul things; Wights also got the NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT token, so they shouldn't become useless when their upper/middle spine gets broken.

Lastly I added some files that were missing for the smaller packs.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #169 on: December 12, 2017, 08:24:58 am »

I've added a small addendum to the opening post - for those that haven't seen it, if you want to use my main pack along with the other mods I made, i.e the Cave Revamp, keep in mind that I use some common files between them, mostly materials, inorganic stuff, and tissue templates. If conflicts come up, just use the ones from this pack, since they contain everything needed for all my different packs to work with each other.

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2017, 07:43:16 am »

Can use scales in which adventure mode crafting ?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2017, 09:30:11 am »

Anything that can be made with leather can also be made with scales.

EDIT: Gonna set up a poll, I've had some minor ideas that were floating around for now.

For one, I'm thinking of doing minor addons that require this pack but aren't included by default, basically as optional content, since its very minor stuff - some could potentially be immersion breaking.

One part of it would entail giant/animal person versions of some of the animals in this pack, mostly as a for-fun thing - would be good practise for me to work on creature variations since I haven't messed with those before.

End result would be the occasional "giant jormungar", "giant bog beast", or "arachnatid man" encounter.

The second part would be some additional, minor races, as well as "faction races". For the former, what I mean is stuff like the Mag'har (orcs that are uncorrupted by demonic energy - appear brown as a result - basically "pure" orcs), Mok'nathal (half orc, half-ogre - very reclusive - Rexxar is one example of such), or the different orc clans, i.e Dragonmaw, Shattered Hand, Stormreavers, as different invader civs with different gimmicks (not counting in Twilight's Hammer, since those are already planned for the Elemental update) - for other parts of the pack, I'd continue on, lets say, the different non-human MK races, including the Lin-Kuei Cyborgs and the Shokan - I'm aware Indigofenix already did his Fortal Kombat pack, but I figured I wanted to give my own take on it.

For the "faction races" idea, I'm referring to groups like the Iron Horde, or the scrapped Mongrel Horde - I think both would pose some interesting gameplay challenges as invaders.

Last idea I had, somewhat related to the giant/animal person variations, was to have "legendary" variants of some of the same wild animals, to represent the gargantuan boss versions in WoW - they'd basically be megabeast versions of the same animal. Keep in mind the names, for the most part, wouldn't neccessarily be "legendary X" - I'd go with the WC3 creep names for the strongest variants (i.e a legendary thunder lizard would be called a "Storm Wyrm", the strongest non-campaign WC3 thunder lizard variant - the strongest campaign one was called "Monsoon Wyrm", so I could go with that as well).

So yeah, please let me know what you think - I'll include a poll.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:05:54 am by ZM5 »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2017, 01:06:50 pm »

I haven't played much of the recent 44.02 mod you have, but have 1 going. 

The one I played the most recently was 43.05 Lurk Below.  I didn't quite like the result of friendly Jotun that petition to become a citizen. 

Turns out he breathes fire that pretty much burned the surface, and caused death to a founding dwarf. 

But it was cool to make jotun sized steel armors.

I like the options to select which races to include when I want to gen a new world.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2017, 01:26:57 pm »

Think that could have been a fire giant - I don't have anything explicitly referred to as jotuns in my pack.

Still, cool though - I've yet to see a member of a wild, non-civilized race like this petition for citizenship in one of my forts.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2017, 03:10:16 pm »

Think that could have been a fire giant - I don't have anything explicitly referred to as jotuns in my pack.

Still, cool though - I've yet to see a member of a wild, non-civilized race like this petition for citizenship in one of my forts.

Yeah, probably fire giant.  Oh, it was nuts. I had large creatures: jotuns, ettins, blood ogres, (dunno how large giant badgerman are) that join and become part of the militia. 

Scared that crap out of me when during a spar, one of them became enraged, charged the squad dwarf captain that was sent to the hospital after.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »

Yeah, probably fire giant.  Oh, it was nuts. I had large creatures: jotuns, ettins, blood ogres, (dunno how large giant badgerman are) that join and become part of the militia. 

Scared that crap out of me when during a spar, one of them became enraged, charged the squad dwarf captain that was sent to the hospital after.
Blood ogres? I definitely don't have anything like that in my pack - guessing its from something else.

I'm glad sparring incidents usually aren't fatal, but that would have given me a scare too - how many tiles did the squad leader fly?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2017, 11:00:28 am »

Minor update - removed some inappropriate words from some of the language files.

Also, added four new creatures.

Dire Mammoth - WC3-style mammoths, only in savage glaciers, tundras and taigas. Larger and fearless - their tusks cause edged damage, whereas the horn causes blunt damage.

Demonhound - an old piece of concept art back for WC3. Larger than darkhounds, they also have horn gore attacks, and appear in more biomes.

Fel Ettin - another old concept art. Horned, demonically corrupted ettins - don't require sustenance or sleep, and are fearless.

Geist Brute - an additional Geist caste. They have increased strength instead of agility, and can slash with their metallic blades, making them deadly even when unarmed. However, unlike regular geists, they aren't legendary climbers, and cannot climb when missing hands.

Aside from that I made some minor changes - Malformed and Frostbound are smaller, and some of the metal tissue layers on the Blight Aberration and creatures that use the Ethereal tissue layers are also smaller.

Lastly, I made a list of current addon ideas that I have:

1. Derivatives of other races and creatures
Exactly what it says on the tin - aside from derivated civilized races, i.e Leper Gnomes, Valarjar, Hill Dwarves, or Chaos Orcs, other creatures will be here as well. Stuff like the outland hydras, Flamekin, Fel Beasts, etc.

2. Optional entities.
Also what it says on the tin - optional entity files for some creatures that are currently only wild or are "allied" races. Current ideas for it are pygmies, magnataur and mur'gul for cave-dwelling skulkers, and Felborne, Krokul and Chromatic, Twilight and Nether Draconians (which I haven't yet made - they wont be part of the derivatives addon, but as content for the Elemental/Twilight's Hammer update) for town-dwelling civs - Felborne and those Draconian derivatives will be invaders.

3. Giant/man versions of animals.
Went over this in my previous post.

4. "Legendary" megabeast versions of animals.
Went over this also - currently 22 ideas for this. Some will be derivated not just from animals, but from constructs and some wild humanoids as well.

5. Orc clans.
9 invaders from different orc clans (Shattered Hand, Dragonmaw, Blackrock, Burning Blade, Bonechewer, Shadowmoon, Stormreaver, Laughing Skull, Bleeding Hollow) with different gimmicks each.

6. Human kingdoms and other human groups.
Similar idea - some of these will be friendly, however some (Alterac humans and Scarlet Crusaders) will be invaders.

7. Draconians of different dragonflights.
Another similar idea - this one would replace the regular non-descript Draconians with the more specific ones - green, red, bronze, black and blue. Black and blue would be invaders.

8. Faction races.
Right now the only ideas I have for this are the Iron Horde and Mongrel Horde.

9. Hearthstone.
This is for all non-unique creatures that are exclusive to hearthstone. Will have some new civilized creatures - won't include Tortollans, though, since those will be part of the BfA content, once more lore and so on comes out for that. It'll also edit Faceless Ones - the Eater of Secrets appears to be a Faceless One type - the Thing from Below could potentially be a mutated type of them as well - and lastly, who knows what the Ancient One really is, but it'd fit as an alternate, rare "civ leader" caste, alike to the Starspawn currently in.

10. Additional MK races.
Only four of these - Shokan, Kytinn, Zaterrans and Cyborgs. Should be easy enough to make, so I think that'll be the first addon pack I'll release.

11. Dragon's Dogma Online creatures.
I admit the lore on these may be a bit screwy, since I can't find a wiki with lore for a lot of these, and I've yet to properly play DDO - only seen gameplay and some limited English wiki entries with images and brief descriptions.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.03] ZM5's Mod Depository - First Addon - Additional Kombatants
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2017, 09:06:59 am »

Updated the pack for 44.03 - also changed up the Ice Beast tissues for their ice blades.

Also, I released the first addon pack, Additional Kombatants -adds four new races, all from Mortal Kombat - Shokan, Zaterrans, Kytinn and Cyborgs. They're all hostile in worldgen.

Shokan come in two varieties - Draco and Tigrar. Draco Shokan can fire bolts of energy that serve as blunt projectiles - Tigrar Shokan, meanwhile, can breathe fire - not actual fire, as that'd be somewhat OP, but a "liquid glob" material that causes blistering and bleeding, on top of having a higher temperature. They also have access to the Dragon Fangs - while its a gauntlet weapon, it uses the sword skill - effective at stabbing, also good for slashing. They have higher innate strength as well.

Zaterrans can go invisible (insta-stealth), and spit globs of acid. They also have higher innate agility, and have access to Kirehashi blades - a sword type weapon, effective at slashing.

Kytinn have differences between males and females. Females are based off of D'vorah's appearance, and have four ovipositors, and stingers within their wrists - additionally, they can spray a caustic substance that can cause blisters and bleeding. Males are based off of this piece of concept art - they lack the caustic spray, but instead have powerful slashing attacks with their scythes.

Cyborgs have six castes - standard males and females, and four male ones - red, yellow, black and blue. All lack scratching or biting attacks - instead, they have a headbutt attack. All have skin made of metal, making them deadly to unarmed and unarmored peasants - unlike most other mechanical beings, they can still bleed, however.
The regular male model doesn't have any special properties.
The female model has increased innate agility at the cost of toughness.
The red model is based off of Sektor - they can spray fire (more like superheated gas - actual firejet would be more than a bit OP), and fire missiles that serve as strong blunt projectiles.
The yellow model is based off of Cyrax - they have three sawblades, two within their wrists and one in the chest, and can slash with them to cause deadly injuries. I was considering giving them a "web" spray to simulate Cyrax's net, but 1. webbers are already incredibly overpowered 2. he only fired one net at a time rather than an entire spray. Perhaps I'll just make the "net" a syndrome-causing glob that highly reduces speed for a short time, if you guys think it'll be a better substitute.
The black model is based off of Smoke - aside from the tri-spear attack that can cause deadly piercing injuries (they use the same token that hydras have for their biting attack), they can also release bursts of dizzying smoke, and also go invisible (insta-stealth like the Zaterrans).
The blue model is based off of Cyber Sub-Zero. They can progenerate ice blades for slashing and stabbing attacks, and can also shoot bolts of frost (blunt damage) and liquid frost (syndrome-causing globs).
The cyborgs lack clothing or weapons of any kind, and rely entirely on fighting with unarmed attacks and tanking blows with their metallic skin. However, they are immune to pain, fire, fear, dizziness, fevers and nausea, and cannot be affected by most syndromes - they can be stunned, however.

Hope you guys enjoy it! Sorry it took me so long to update, was a bit busy.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
[44.03] ZM5's Mod Depository - Second Addon - Warcraft Derivatives
« Reply #178 on: January 07, 2018, 05:12:02 am »

Got a two-fold update this time - sorry for the delayed changelog, a power outage in my neighborhood reset all the progress I had writing this.

For the main pack I only made some small changes and two new additions - removed metal armor and shields from some of the "savage" races, i.e Saberon, Kobolds and the like, made the Feral Goblins from the Dragon's Dogma part of the pack playable in adventure mode, and also altered some body plans to be more accurate, i.e Magma Giants now look like Lord Rhyolith, as they should, and Cenarian Keepers should have an accurate number of fingers - also, some of the new ores should be easier to find now.

As for the additions, I've added two new creatures, and an additional Harpy caste:
Cursebound Roc - large fliers found in savage mountains and forests. They have a few deadly ways to attack - aside from the normal bird attacks of pecking and scratching, they can slash with those scythe-like protrusions at their wings, or lash with their spiked tails.
Gronnling - stunted Gronn found in savage deserts and mountains. They are mostly brutish sluggers who are easy to enrage, feel no fear, and can topple buildings should they be given the chance.
Harpy Windwitch - an additional, rare caste - they aren't different in terms of size or physical attributes, however they can cast Curse, Sleep and Faerie Fire on their foes.

Several new ores:
Adamantite - not to be confused with adamantine. It fills a similar niche - it is a light, bright blue metal that is incredibly good for edged weapons. Its completely unusable for armor, and its too light to be effective for blunt weapons. However, it can be hardened, making it heavier - while it doesn't improve its sharpness, it does make for a decent blunt weapon material. Still cannot be used for armor, and only the Dark Dwarves, Vrykul, Taunka, Tuskarr, Frost Vrykul and the Scourge Undead know how to properly harden it.

Cobalt - not the real-world Cobalt - you can get the Azerothian version of it from nodes of Glowing Cobalt. The resulting metal is balanced, not standing out in any particular area - though, it can be found in metamorphic layers, which direly needed some stronger weapon materials.

Obsidium - a metal that, like its namesake, is fantastic for edged weapons. It is too fragile to be used for much of anything else, however. For now, you can smelt it as normal, however once I implement Earth Elementals as a race, it will be a metal unique to only them.

Trillium - a material used by the Pandaren and Mogu - you can find the black and white Trillium required for making it, however they are only usable for trinkets and constructions, since the currently playable fort mode races do not know how to properly combine them. A material thats above average all around - costs a bit to buy them from the Pandaren, though.

Living Steel - a material used only by the Pandaren. Made partially from Trillium, it improves on its features.

Felslate - a rare type of demonic ore. Felslate armor is incredibly heavy, but very protective.

Leystone - a type of ore similar to Felslate - the armor made from it isn't as protective, but also isn't as heavy.

Demonsteel - a material that can only be made by the Demons of the Legion and the Nightborne - requires combining Felslate with Leystone. A very powerful metal, great for both armor and weapons - costs a lot to buy it from the Nightborne, however.

Empyrium - a metal found in the metamorphic layers. Similar properties to Khorium, however it is better for armor.

More importantly, I released the second addon pack, which contains derivatives of various Warcraft races and creatures.

Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Megabeasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Other creatures (click to show/hide)

Hope you guys enjoy it! Now that I'm done with this, I'll work on doing a minor update for the Darkest Dungeon pack. Afterwards, who knows, I'll either start on the Elemental update for this or work on a good/evil biome revamp.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.03] ZM5's Mod Depository - Second Addon - Warcraft Derivatives
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2018, 08:14:18 am »

Released a minor fix for Additional Kombatants and the Warcraft Derivatives addons - for the former, you shouldn't be able to target the Smoke cyborgs spears anymore - for the latter, the Mag'har now have their own pet set, so regular dire orcs and some animals they shouldn't have, i.e kodos, aren't innately their pets.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27