Poll

Is this poll kind of pointless?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Squirrel

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: [OFFICIALLY DEAD] Voidlight Academy [OOC] (16/inf): Feel free to use the concept  (Read 18810 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Voidlight Academy [OOC] (0/inf)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2016, 12:57:05 pm »

Remove all the flaws.  You do not need any of them.

What does this 'bonus' do, is it bonus damage?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2016, 01:08:12 pm »

Spoiler: Skelliborn (click to show/hide)

((How's this?))
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:08:21 pm by star2wars3 »
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 02:18:52 pm »

So tell me, why are you taking an auto-taunt and a damage-doubling flaw?  Because that seems like asking for undeserved character death from being hit like one time.

Especially with only 2 RES, that's asking for doom to be visited upon you.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 02:39:57 pm »

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
There's a poll up about learning Abilities (this is a school, after all).

Additionally, absent some reason to do otherwise, I plan to start the IC about a week after finishing my own sheet, give or take, or when pestering reaches a critical mass.  But after finishing my sheet.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:56:21 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 05:51:27 pm »

So tell me, why are you taking an auto-taunt and a damage-doubling flaw?  Because that seems like asking for undeserved character death from being hit like one time.

Especially with only 2 RES, that's asking for doom to be visited upon you.

((Who cares about how many hits you can take when you can make long ranged artillery. Oh, and it turns out that companions make good shields.

In any case, I interpret your words to mean that since double damage could instakill my character from an average opponent, 2 hits could kill every other character. ))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

Doubling incoming damage means you take up to 16+8 damage, before RES happens, from a basic attack.

Considering your health is currently at 22, and you only take 2 points off of incoming damage, you will die quickly.  Maybe not in one hit, but certainly in two.
Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2016, 06:36:24 pm »

companions don't make good shields if you auto-taunt attacks away from them

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2016, 06:39:13 pm »

Exactly.
Sigtext

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:29 pm »

Spoiler: Skelliborn (click to show/hide)

((How's this?))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2016, 12:16:01 pm »

your melee weapon takes up an inventory slot, you need to specify what the solvent actually does (because you don't get to carry around a bottle of "melt literally anything" in your pocket), and you still need to add a basic attack and defense. Turn your existing abilities into basics (and remove the attack number restriction on Inversion Barrier) and come up with an additional set. Additionally, Call Forth Blade is both anemic and more of an Action than a Perk. I suggest looking at existing sheets to model yours on.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 02:32:40 pm »

Yes, but I said you could get an additional basic weapon if needed.

I say Universal Solvent is water.

But honestly I agree, you really could just rework the entire thing.
Sigtext

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 02:49:04 pm »

A'ight, finished Hecate's inventory. I based it on Nobunaga's, mostly.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2016, 04:11:40 pm »

Inventory updated with some clothes, lest Nuadran would be naked. And a book.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2016, 04:26:53 pm »

Clothes don't need an inventory slot unless they're armor.
Sigtext

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

They are for armor, and maybe more ? The idea there is that the clothes can be manipulated using an ability.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19