Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 8]  (Read 10998 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 0!]
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2016, 06:36:36 am »

The bioroid sent a quick message to Brooklyn, wondering what awful things hse must have said to the poor woman.
{We appear to have found our mark. Stop tormenting yours, my dear, and come over here. If you get shot, I'm going to tell you that I told you so.}

To her newly-met target, she sent a quick message...

{L璱e de la Croix, yes? We got your message, my companion and I. I am Medulla-3, and my colourful companion is Brooklyn of Clan Spyche. Do say it properly, my darling, or she gets most impolite. So what manner of trouble ails you, my dear?}
...while speaking aloud at the same time in that same, quiet voice.
"One should always be able to enjoy the sight of the stars, my sweet."

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 5]
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2016, 11:08:45 am »

Brooklyn considered storming over in a display of brazen boorishness, overloading translation programs around the room in a concentrated volley of remnant patois...but, it seemed her friend had the situation in hand!

Or claw, or tentacle. Whatever. So she decided to vanish into the crowd and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. She channeled extra patois into her answering message, however.

{Brooklyn nay ta' fete quite so sooner. She's feeling a desire to spot out for you's, who so inve' convo, may erro harmfull poto pesker delinqui's who be a'spying, and a'creepifying about's such-thus she will be a shaded virtue on your designs, for a'time so'forth. Call me a miss proto-paranoiums, but it's neg such, if they be truth'out to flamenc ya splickwise. Capsive, mo-foi-fem?}

With the same motion as flicking her pad or less, she sent her little drone to the sky from a small container, hidden at the base of her neck-instructing it to hover a few feet over the crowd. A separate video feed began streaming on her HUD, giving her an idea of what might be coming.

The drone itself was a former industrial fabricator-sometimes called a Midge-she had 'liberated' from an auto-plant warehouse. It's previous use had been to perform minor repairs of the hulls of ships on a mass scale, where it's precision cameras were quite useful in diagnosing and sealing microtears-a common enough ailment, since ships accrued many thousands of them merely by sitting in the sun for a day, not even mentioning space travel...such so that they possessed such accurate visual tech made them pretty popular as makeshift spy drones as well, among those of a black stripe.

On the other hand, they were designed to act in the motion of one massive unit, like a school of fish-moving as a cohesive whole to work out specific problems. Controlling just the one was quite finicky and demanding of it's controller, as the AI had difficulty wrapping it's tiny little mind around the idea-it kept wanting to find others of it's kind and swarm away with them.

Action: Shadow my friend from the safety of the crowd, watching her for potential danger.

My microcam gives me a birds eye view of the room, scanning for anything 'interesting'. Which I might zoom in on!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:24:31 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2016, 11:10:14 pm »

Damn. They all looked so good. But Dogbite couldn't afford all of it. Or much any of it, really. And she did want that Handcannon. Though...it would still be there later, right? And she was familiar with the Howler. The big boy could wait, she supposed. The Autohacker wouldn't be good for much, but it would be good enough for her purposes. Always paid to have a bit of cash on hand, besides. And that Distortion unit was very nice...nicer, at least, than the man who was staring at her. Was he...Earthborn?

No. That didn't happen. Breathing hells, she barely got out of there, and she was great at what she did! Nobody who was up here was gonna go without augs, earther or not. But...bah. It wasn't any of her business anyhow, she figured. Karysse should probably just get what she'd come for, find a job, and move on. And stop staring.

She shook her head to stop, turned out, and slapped her cheeks lightly as she found the equipment she intended to buy. A cheaper, manual autocaster, one of the Howler autopistols, and a Distortion Unit.

Then it would be time to see whether she could decode that one transmission. She probably couldn't, but who knows. She had a hacker, now, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2016, 09:16:15 am »

With a shrug, and what seemed like a eon of thought, Zahir walked up to the almost-human woman treading ground in the markets, noting that, unlike the other one he had ran into, this looked like she could handle herself in a firefight adequately. (Even under the assumption that she was augmented up to the metaphorical gills, and he wasn't going to bring a student into his line of work if the last one wasn't actually an auggie or worse.)

"Hey, looking for work by any chance?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2016, 03:53:07 pm »

Karysse blinked briefly in surprise at the voice, before turning to the man. She didn't let her surprise or tension show, though. You learn to keep some things to yourself, as a pirate. She'd had a bit more leeway, being one of the ship's resident techies, but still. Nonetheless, her face was relievingly human, imperfect and scarred and with augments that looked more like replacements than upgrades. Just about all of them were, after all, even if most were better than the originals in some way. This guy, on the other hand...where must he have come from, to be so...plain? Scars, sure, but they were nowhere near the level some of the people she'd known. But still. He had the same look as them. Dogbite recognized that sort of hardness. The man was a professional, at the very minimum.

And he was offering work. Karysse paused for another second, even after sizing him up.

"Might be. What sortsa gigs're you off'rin'?"

She did still need to make her purchases, though. So Dogbite started walking again, glancing over her shoulder to see if he was following after a few steps.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2016, 10:33:16 pm »

"A simple hit on some android or something. Pays well, and there's a bonus for bringing the target's head in too. Interested?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2016, 10:51:09 pm »

"Mmm. An' yer askin' a random lout on tha lot fer a hand with 'at sorta thing?"

Dogbite glared at him for a second. "I 'preciate your interest, and tha brass uvvit, but wh're ya askin' me? Plentya cutters to grab from."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2016, 11:54:18 pm »

"Simple; you're human. Or at least close enough to it in this forsaken ship that I can trust you."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2016, 03:20:18 pm »

"Odd reas'nin'. S'pose it sounds true 'nuff, tho'. Call me Dogbite. Glad ta be workin' with you."

The ex-pirate offered a hand for him to shake, looking at him with less hostility than she'd tried to display a moment ago. Probably wasn't intimidated by much of anything anyway.

"Jus' needa grab a shot 'n some bits an' I s'pose we kin go. Mind lettin' me hear tha manifest?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2016, 03:06:40 am »

Zahir stretched an arm of his out, grasping and shaking Dogbite's hand.

"My name's Zahir by the way. Anyway, I've got a set of files I got from the employer, so I can send those over to you. The brief of it is that there's an android in the middle of a robot bar or something that needs to be killed by destroying it's uplink, with a bonus for bringing in it's head."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2016, 12:17:33 pm »

Brooklyn of Clan Spyche and Medulla-3
1. I don't speak Crazy. 2. Mind your own business. 3. Go fuck yourself.

Brooklyn gave her a smile and wave in return, texting back as if they were old girlfriends.

{Eh, we all commo, eh su commo, et tu? Beasters, birders, beerie, agri-coley. So oh most spritzy you, of dire twitchsome, fearforming de'manner (not that you pres is found unbecoming entire to me, one). Elsewise howso the majo suppo e'so'then the remina's and remmans of these wide black must to commo and ming, among the many gleary deadlights? ...All must sit a sphere of their own morae, and judge so whit their acting's...for a full spansome of color runneth over...but, yet neg-nonce I am to be'still, bequaff a pleasure of decency upon you, for this one is be'lighted to make a deeper blessyou, o' frankless cursedom-and so on that to favor you de'mist your trails, fair full you selfwise-yes, chrono outlight, you darksome dandelio. Fortu' favo' majorum, all that one's as you's do so's works!}

This was quite polite in Remnant terms, almost poetic.
Action: Shadow my friend from the safety of the crowd, watching her for potential danger.

My microcam gives me a birds eye view of the room, scanning for anything 'interesting'. Which I might zoom in on!

{L璱e de la Croix, yes? We got your message, my companion and I. I am Medulla-3, and my colourful companion is Brooklyn of Clan Spyche. Do say it properly, my darling, or she gets most impolite. So what manner of trouble ails you, my dear?}
...while speaking aloud at the same time in that same, quiet voice.
"One should always be able to enjoy the sight of the stars, my sweet."

L璱e seems almost startled to receive the message. As a result, she doesn't seem to catch Medulla's smalltalk on the stars. Pity.

The girl nods once she's done reading 'I... I'll be forever in your debt, Lady Medulla, and your companion. I did not think anyone would see my message...' she says and trails off, a flash of emotion passing through her features. Then she looks up, intent. 'But you have. Stars within, you have. Thank you.'

'I... I will try to be brief. I came here with my brother to meet an associate of our family. It was some matter about negotiating water supplies - forgive me, I don't know the specifics. We were only here as a show of good faith, you understand. Only, when we arrived, the man was nowhere to be found. We were waiting, staying at his office, when...'

She seems to choke up, and takes a moment to compose herself. 'They... they took my brother. Criminals, inhabitants of this ship. They wish ransom - ten thousand credits! We cannot afford such sums! I fear for his life. I... I cannot just leave him. Please. Will you help me?'

Meanwhile, Brooklyn is studying the Observation Deck. She guides the microcam around, keeping Medulla and the girl in view in case of any sudden threats. The Deck seems peaceful, though. It's strangely quiet for such a bustling starship - the only sounds are low murmurs of conversation and faint singing in the far end. Brooklyn zooms in to identify the source as a barrel-chested man with gleaming black synthetic skin. He appears to be giving a performance to no-one in particular, facing the stars.

There's the man with the ocular augment smoking by the window, alert. He was already looking to be listening to something when they came in, so Brooklyn doubts he's spying on them, specifically, but it might be prudent to keep an eye on him regardless. The Orbital painter with their primitive materials seems to be finishing up their work; a rather abstract representation of the view in front of them... probably. The resting bioroid shows no signs of waking or life in general; only the steady pulse of its power signature tells her it's even alive.

As she watches, something of true interest does pop up. A new person enters the hall, a sleek Remnant man with a wide-brimmed hat, dark skin and bulky mechanical legs. He heads straight for the fidgety Remnant girl from earlier.

Karysse Sharid
She shook her head to stop, turned out, and slapped her cheeks lightly as she found the equipment she intended to buy. A cheaper, manual autocaster, one of the Howler autopistols, and a Distortion Unit.

Then it would be time to see whether she could decode that one transmission. She probably couldn't, but who knows. She had a hacker, now, after all.

Karysse does her shopping quickly. An autohacker, a weapon, and a handy tool to start her new life. They should give her an edge on this Earthborn's job.

Idly, she tries getting a sense of the enigmatic transmission floating around earlier. It's time to flex those hacking muscles. [Data (Diff. 10): 8+5+1=14] The transmission is some kind of cypher, that's for sure, some kind of code she doesn't have the knowledge to translate. That's fine, though. She doesn't bother trying to understand the meaning; she just goes straight for the source. There's some masking going on with the signal, but with a repeating transmission like this, it's only a matter of time before she can get a fix on the location. It takes a few cycles, but then Karryse is on the trail. She follows the bursts of data into their source, though the outcome is a little disappointing.

There's an automated machine sending out the message, and she can't really tell anything about it from a distance. [Knowledge: Sol (Diff 7): 2] It's a distinctive signal type, but she can't quite put her finger on where she's seen it before. At least she gets a location of the machine sending these; a Machine social hub called the Nexus. It's probably too much to hope she'll end up anywhere near the place today.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. 、o parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2016, 10:08:47 am »

Brooklyn wasn't sure if her 'new friend' was in trouble, but she thought it was certainly something of interest. Certainly she had no interest in shady deals (assuming they didn't involve her own), but if a firefight was about to break out it could be exciting to watch, or perhaps join in!

Observation, does it look like the fidgety girl knows the hat guy is coming toward her?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2016, 08:40:05 am »

Brooklyn of Clan Spyche
Brooklyn wasn't sure if her 'new friend' was in trouble, but she thought it was certainly something of interest. Certainly she had no interest in shady deals (assuming they didn't involve her own), but if a firefight was about to break out it could be exciting to watch, or perhaps join in!

Observation, does it look like the fidgety girl knows the hat guy is coming toward her?

Brooklyn keeps watching. The man with the hat approaches with an easy smile, and it doesn't take long for the girl to notice him. There is a subtle, but immediate reaction; an increase in tension, a straightening of posture, a shift in focus. The girl doesn't seem calmed or relieved, but perhaps she becomes less agitated.

The Midge provides her decent audio to go with video - she could, of course, just read lips if needed. Body language tells much, too; the girl crosses her arms and glares at the man when he reaches her.

'You were supposed to be here hours ago!'

'Easy, mabelle. Befraught with opportunity is this void-crosser. Wealth-make detained I and myself.'

'What? Oh. Well, you could've cast me a message! I thought you weren't gonna show!'

'Sweetest, never would-'

'Do you have the... what I asked for? Please?'

There's a pause. The man shifts his weight with an audible hiss from his augment legs.

'Forsooth, blossom. Within the veins of this very void-crosser. Would she come with?'

'You don't... have it with you? Okay. Fine. Okay. Take me there.'

'Apleased to, kinde. It is not far.'

The pair of them turn to leave. The microcam's range won't necessarily last outside the Observation Deck.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. 、o parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2016, 01:22:28 pm »

"Just mere Medulla, my dear. I'm not really a Lady - or indeed a gentleman, if that's what you read into that.

Now, what can you tell me about these criminals, and your brother? Where are they? How many, how well armed, how long do we have before they take more drastic actions? That sort of thing, my lovely. As much as you can. Send it to my caster, so I can just copy it on to my colleague - and it's more secure than speech out loud."

While she was talking, Medulla was shifting slightly, so make it harder for others to see the girl, hiding her with the broad bulk of her shell.

To the aforementioned colleague, she sent a message.

{It seems we're dealing with a kidnapping. The girl's brother has been snatched, poor soul, and they're demanding a ransom she can't or won't pay. 10k creds.

Any trouble astirring, my darling?}
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2016, 02:03:30 pm »

{Naught much ado, for the void dusts-yet, a'chance this moity dramatico aplying afoot, which is moi 'teresting to viddy so'forth. It's akeen via Soc-rec Op'ra! Many plenty weary twistys un' turn'ers. Not a thing upon which our designs seem to have a nonce of matterful sofo, howso.

As so, for the task beclaimed, I now be'flinging discurse. Mans-stealing is a most dangerful effo to betake, yet noit as fifthwise as dangersome as mans-stealing-back-already-been-stealed-mans! Brooky better's o' stealing heartsomes, not headsomes-such a  proffo you's Brooky's me hath been accused volte chrono afore, yet never proofed in the courts, or leery hearts o' Kurn-and, notwise those headsomes me returno' attachy wise avert previous posi, anyways! Ya ketch me, moite-femina-robana?

She fears noy the dangersomes, me, and if such a cause brings a moit o' goodfulness to the great sad and bigsome Uni, by Kurn it might be tempted', by the boldsome and just-iced! So then, oh dreadsome bizzy-what's a fair prize, under a 10'klock to be'haggle upon her, the poor one who so'forth canno affo a ransoming-yet might then affo a foolish twosome as we, to ba'blast her kin'manas a means to a dearful o'freedoming, mayhaps reto' in many moity chunkers o' somethings to mayb' fill full a litternode?

Seemswise to moi, she set a diffy roofer, on our one's working prize. Ketch ketch? I'm being wittsome, declaim me!}
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:09:49 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9