Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 8]  (Read 11009 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 4]
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2016, 01:29:23 pm »

Dogbite chewed on the inside of her cheek while she flicked through the datastream. Plenty of work to be had, but none of it was really suitable for her by herself. Poseidon's tits, she hadn't even used a gun in ages. She needed a crew, she needed cash, and she needed equipment she felt secure using. All her custom gear had been lost with the ship, of course.

The woman shook herself out of her reverie and started looking through the available sidearms. Rifle would be a bit bulky for her work, but a pistol would make her feel a lot safer in a place this crowded. The Releaf hadn't been this full of people. Or...entities, rather. This would definitely require getting used to. That was alright. Karysse could get accustomed to a lot of things, given time.

Search for an affordable sidearm. Preferably one that I can hook my targeting systems and such to securely.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »

So, nobody home. A shame. People were such good sources of information. Gaining entry to the apartment and performing an inefficient manual search would have to do for now. Once OCOS had as much intel at her disposal, she could consider a more direct approach to Gouviea.

Gain entry, search for anything of relevance.
This is a blank sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 3]
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2016, 05:50:32 pm »

Medulla-3 considered the jobs that popped, before sending a few over to her companion.

Team or sole body sought for confidential mission. Contact Akhigbe, Mwenye, information broker, for further details. Payment in tech, information, or currency of choice. Those seeking to waste my time should not expect to live pleasant futures.

We, Seventh Iteration Clan of the amparosi, seek stolen memories. Information or assistance required. Payment ensured.

...name is Líle de la Croix. I require assistance. I dare not speak more here. Please, if there is a merciful soul out there, seek me out on the Observation Deck...

Employment: Retrieval of stolen property. Employer: BioHab Consortium. Payment: Negotiable.

"Any of these take your fancy, my darling?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2016, 06:24:13 pm »

Zahir flipped through the files. Basic as they may be they would be useful. The thing's shield generator would be a hassle to deal with though (Admittedly, just about anything more sturdy than his armour would prove problematic). Taking a moment to process and think out a plan before focussing his attention back to Nineblack. Well, atleast it has a name rather than just being a... thing.

"Alright. Did you want me to bring it's head back or something as proof that it's dead or...?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

Medulla-3 considered the jobs that popped, before sending a few over to her companion.

Team or sole body sought for confidential mission. Contact Akhigbe, Mwenye, information broker, for further details. Payment in tech, information, or currency of choice. Those seeking to waste my time should not expect to live pleasant futures.

We, Seventh Iteration Clan of the amparosi, seek stolen memories. Information or assistance required. Payment ensured.

...name is Líle de la Croix. I require assistance. I dare not speak more here. Please, if there is a merciful soul out there, seek me out on the Observation Deck...

Employment: Retrieval of stolen property. Employer: BioHab Consortium. Payment: Negotiable.

"Any of these take your fancy, my darling?"

"I reck we viddy jobs not to apart us a distance too far from this becursed station, or we digit to get be'creding 'nough to make it worth a tick. Still got a peeping for that data-merch, me's. How's she go'to b'around to find me if I'm not around to be found by her to go to?

So's, I say otherthanks-how 'bout we tend to be merciful souls, and thus suppo upon this Lile de la Croix person? Her wire gets me mighty curious'ed. What's to leave your monik, hey, but tell all the sundry worlds where you may be? Is the comforting weight of a momentary makeaid, more glit than her potentiality of utter diasasterity? Desperation can be a profitable design upon those seeking the immaterials of mortal life!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

"I've no complaints beig someone's angel of mercy, especially if they pay. If you're done window shopping, my sweet, we might as well go now."

Assumig no objections, head to the observation deck

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:39 pm »

Brooklyn spend a few minutes demolishing holographic spider-men (she had no idea why this was so satisfying) with her combat tentacles before putting the programs away, pleased at spending time doing...nothing at all. Time was precious, after all.

She led Medulla away from the booth, her mood lifted.

"No-som-dam! Could not have by'done purched this glitzy scarpola in any ways, but I's likes to be and see what I never been or seen, for whats life but a series of beings? Nahnah, as to like to put a triggman in my goitus, as to make my plainey scarpe, foine and flamey and booshy, moist prettied like that Stargirl I viddy in the taphab. Hmm.

...Sotho, you, I viddied just the thing a moit back, a real Decker of a blade..."

In the end, Brooklyn had stopped playing the child and relied on her bare Remnant instincts-purchasing a nice strong knife (implying to the merchant subtly, that if it broke in battle and she had to buy a new one, she would have to come back and demonstrate to him in detail the true quality of it's replacement)-one both affordable and dependable. She secreted in a synthetic skin-pouch located just behind her left wrist, one designed to mask both casual observation, and some basic scanning equipment.

Fighting with blades and such was an easy skill to lose in the dark black places beyond the tender shell of Earth's gravity well, but one that was useful to keep practiced in, especially if you made a habit of traveling, as she did. It often paid to be able to kill silently, and at the range of a kiss.

Action: To the observation deck!

Edit: Also, buy that Monofab Blade!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:43:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2016, 07:38:53 am »

Turn 5

Karysse Sharid
Search for an affordable sidearm. Preferably one that I can hook my targeting systems and such to securely.

The ex-pirate decides shopping is in order. She hasn't had to use a gun in a while, doing safe if dull security work. Now that she's back in free space, so to speak, it's best to have something handy. Karysse comes across a few pistols in her price range.

Spoiler: Howler Autopistol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Belt Handcannon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magpistol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Charge Laser (click to show/hide)

OCOS-998
So, nobody home. A shame. People were such good sources of information. Gaining entry to the apartment and performing an inefficient manual search would have to do for now. Once OCOS had as much intel at her disposal, she could consider a more direct approach to Gouviea.

Gain entry, search for anything of relevance.

OCOS sets to cracking the security system. [Data (Diff. 8): 4+5+3=12] It doesn't take her long to grant herself access, and then it's just a matter of walking in.

She puts the lights on and studies the apartment at her own pace. It does not, she notes, seem very used. [Senses (Diff. 6): 19+5=24] There are signs that dust has gathered here for months, possibly, up until recently. Only a few of the rooms look lived in, and then only recently. She picks up a built-up mass of ads and messages waiting to be accessed in the house's digital mail.

It doesn't take her long to realize the house started being used again on the same date as Gouveia arrived on the ship.

She begins a thorough search of the place, first the ground floor, then the upper. The data thief appears to have left very few marks of his presence. There are bound to be DNA remains, maybe some data traces, but nothing particularily useful jumps out at her. No foodstuffs or other consumables can be found; it seems Gouveia hasn't settled in here yet in his time on the ship, if he even intends to.

[Senses (Diff. 8): 10] On the verge of giving up her search, OCOS hears the front door open. The security system registers another permitted user. [Senses (Diff. 8): 5+5=10] Even through the floor and walls, OCOS enhanced vision picks out the intruder. She gets a vague reading of a humanoid frame and heat signature that just screams 'machine'. There's not enough emissions to make this anything more than a drone; almost certainly one of Gouveia's. Problematic.

Spoiler: OCOS-998 (MonkeyHead) (click to show/hide)

Zahir Spencer
Zahir flipped through the files. Basic as they may be they would be useful. The thing's shield generator would be a hassle to deal with though (Admittedly, just about anything more sturdy than his armour would prove problematic). Taking a moment to process and think out a plan before focussing his attention back to Nineblack. Well, atleast it has a name rather than just being a... thing.

"Alright. Did you want me to bring it's head back or something as proof that it's dead or...?"

'Destroy. Uplink. I. Will know.' Zahir can't really judge the bioroid's expression given that it has only one baleful red eye, but it seems pleased at the thought. 'But. Head good. Too. Worth extra?'

Medulla-3 and Brooklyn of Clan Spyche
"I've no complaints beig someone's angel of mercy, especially if they pay. If you're done window shopping, my sweet, we might as well go now."

Assumig no objections, head to the observation deck
Action: To the observation deck!

Edit: Also, buy that Monofab Blade!

With a pleasantly sharp knife in tow, Brooklyn and Medulla head for the ship's Observation Deck. It's a short walk and elevator ride away, and proves to be a long hall with a completely transparent ceiling, giving the rather unsettling impression there's nothing but vacuum above you. Jupiter is in sight, close enough to just make out the Spot, and all the stars of the Solar night sky turn and glow softly. The lighting here is a faint blue, and there is silence, a sudden change from the rest of this ship. Only faint murmurs of conversation break the illusion.

Their damsel in distress provided no help for identification in her message. The pair take in the people present - maybe a few dozen Solars wander around, eyes to the stars. Only a few are not in groups. An Orbital with perfectly smooth features is painting the sight with what seem to be genuine primitive oils and canvas. A slight man with clicking ocular augments seems to be listening to something by the invisible wall, his eyes closed, a plas-stick trailing smoke in the corner of his mouth. A many-tentacled bioroid appears to have fallen asleep or into some kind of dormant state in a rickety metal chair barely supporting its weight. A young woman in an elaborate dark dress stares at the void sky with a melancholy expression. A wiry Remnant girl keeps pacing and looking at her ramshackle Caster, anxious.

Their Caster IDs might help, here, but there's no guarantee they'll show accurate names or information - they'd need to get closer to see, anyway.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 5]
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2016, 09:25:12 am »

Brooklyn wasn't comfortable speaking out loud here, so she sent her message to Medulla over caster.

{Let's do this coveying splitways, you. Beginlike the obvio's, I say. We might make a speedtrap of it!

Assup you's Lile is currying a terrafemina, and apt to be foal-headed and wistyvidded, so how about you strap that yond be'shadowered mandarme viddying the deadlights, for how's about her'much'to'dos'abouts'the'voids and how'sabout'yer'solars}"
She added a graphical navigational pointer toward the young woman in the black dress.

{I shall forthworth commo yonder spritzly Remina, who seems 'alike to be shorted in the deportments of easeiness and calmiaty, thowise her pres alights my kindred eye to certain dim acting's, Kurne see's as improper. Or she could be'fashion a inc'y cybepsyc, at which point I would well advert a re'pos to a 'fensible modicum.}

Quote from: Beep beep
Hey, you.

Afear not my concern, but has a one as you addied for an assist? I am viddying a poto-custom, who desires a moit of one, who is so countering upon a discrete nature. Thou'ing seeming a remina with either a riggety naturum or mayhab in desire of afo'd assist. If so you might endo this potentiality, we might convo and belight upon a profitable design, anterior unto Kurns caring favor. Or whateither Supra Spiritus you so hold to you, or to the lack of hold.

Action: Forthwise commo that yonder Remina, quickwise
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:27:42 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »

{Very well, my dear.}

She slowly walked up besides the woman in the black dress, her movements smooth and casual. She allowed the silence to last for a long while, before she quietly murmured.

"Beautiful sight, is it not?"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2016, 02:35:16 pm »

Panic mode... functions which were at the far end of the probability spectrum suddenly come into sharp focus. That "glitch" earlier was probably not a glitch, but a trip wire that alerted the drone. Well, too late to reflect on that now... instead, focus on what to do.

Bluff. No. The drone would not have anything she could play on. Pretending to be some kind of sex worker was an option, but the drone would probably know Gouveia had no such booking. Maintenance? The drone would see no need for me to be there.

Force. No. Unnaceptable chance of damage, low chance of physically disabling the drone.

That left one big, bright attractive option. The drone was almost certainly on grid. If it was on grid, it was vulnerable to "take over" or hostile hacking attack. How vulnerable was the big question, as it was a drone belonging to a known data thief... but it was worth a go. This imminent threat even carried a masive opportunity - if the drone could be taken over, OCOS had a massive in to Gouveia's immediate vicinity.

Hack the drone - look to take control if possible, but disabling it is more of a priority.
This is a blank sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »

"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll try to ensure that I come back with it. Now if that's everything, I'll be getting onto it now."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

Decisions, decisions...the Howler was the one Dogbite was most familiar with; it was a staple among sky-pirates. Cheap, easy to maintain, and useful in the short ranges of a ship, even with the self-contained ammo required that reduced the charge available. Still, she had some cash, and should be able to get some more with these jobs. Having a good gun would probably help quite a bit with that. And that handcannon looked real nice...

But haggling never hurt anyone one wit, now did it? She grinned as she headed out into the market, simultaneously checking for advanced data equipment, especially weapons/targeting jammers, hacking aids, and security devices. As Karysse wove her way through the crowd, not quite comfortable with the amount of times she was bumped into, ducking under an extension, slipping past a slim, towering synth, she nearly knocked into an oddly-dressed man talking to a large mechanical gorilla. Or something like that. "'Pologies fer 'at," the pirate muttered as she squeezed past the two. Ah. There it was. Three-hundred was a bit pricey. Maybe she could talk them down to two-twenty. Every credit helped.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2016, 11:02:15 am »

Turn 6

Brooklyn of Clan Spyche
Quote from: Beep beep
Hey, you.

Afear not my concern, but has a one as you addied for an assist? I am viddying a poto-custom, who desires a moit of one, who is so countering upon a discrete nature. Thou'ing seeming a remina with either a riggety naturum or mayhab in desire of afo'd assist. If so you might endo this potentiality, we might convo and belight upon a profitable design, anterior unto Kurns caring favor. Or whateither Supra Spiritus you so hold to you, or to the lack of hold.

Action: Forthwise commo that yonder Remina, quickwise

The twitchy Remnant Brooklyn sets her sights on practically jumps when she receives the message. She looks around until she spots Brooklyn, then glares her way. A reply arrives in her Caster after a moment.

1. I don't speak Crazy. 2. Mind your own business. 3. Go fuck yourself.

Rude. Perhaps not the damsel in distress Brooklyn sought. She appears to be even more agitated, now.

Medulla-3
{Very well, my dear.}

She slowly walked up besides the woman in the black dress, her movements smooth and casual. She allowed the silence to last for a long while, before she quietly murmured.

"Beautiful sight, is it not?"

Medulla takes in the young woman as she approaches. Wavy black hair, dark, sorrowful eyes, short and slender - she looks all too fragile for life in Sol. She picks up a handful of augmentations, most likely neural boosters or basic physiological enhancements - nothing especially noteworthy. The girl doesn't turn to look at her until she speaks.

'Yes... I suppose... Forgive me. I cannot find much comfort in such things now,' she says, her voice fraught with emotion.

Medulla reads the ID broadcasted by her Caster: Líle de la Croix, of Destiny Station. They've found their woman.

OCOS-998
Hack the drone - look to take control if possible, but disabling it is more of a priority.

Faced with an imminent threat, OCOS plays to her strengths. [Stealth vs Senses: 9+5=14 vs 1] She creeps forward, utterly silent, until she has a direct, unblocked connection to the drone. Closer, she can identify a variety of non-lethal weaponry in the thing's arms. It moves about the entrance of the apartment, face-camera whirring. OCOS keeps enough furniture and blocking materials between them and makes sure she isn't spotted.

[Data (Diff. 15): 3+5+3=11] OCOS gets a sense of the drone's defenses and looks for a point of entry - but either this model comes with advanced security measures or Gouveia's upgraded it somehow. She's barely launched her attack when the point locks down with a burst of alarms and the drone drops into combat readiness.

OCOS moves quickly for another attempt. A simple machine like this won't have much in the way of active security measures, so she doubts it'll be able to push her out if she gets in the system. [Data (Diff. 15): 14+5+3=22] The second strike is a success; she has a breach. OCOS moves to disable the unit, [Data (Diff. 16): 20+5+3=28] and finds a flaw in the system architecture that lets her bypass every failsafe and anti-tampering measure. Within seconds, she's in the thing's core. A few simple commands start a complete shut-down.

[Data (Diff. 5): Autosuccess.] It's at this point that she registers an incoming signal from a hidden transmitter installed within the drone. [Data (Diff. 10): 18+5+3=26] The signal tries to penetrate her defenses and override her Caster, but OCOS has no trouble shutting down the attack and blocking the transmitter in turn.

With the drone shut down, OCOS considers her options. She reactivates core systems, looking to take full control. [Data (Diff. 18): 8+5+3=16] The thing's security protocols still have teeth, though. She could keep trying, though there might be other nasty surprises waiting in store. For now, the drone is effectively paralyzed, with only basic systems online.

Spoiler: Combat Drone (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OCOS-998 (MonkeyHead) (click to show/hide)

Zahir Spencer
"Yeah, that sounds good. I'll try to ensure that I come back with it. Now if that's everything, I'll be getting onto it now."

Nineblack has nothing more to say. It turns its back on Zahir and lumbers away into the crowd without so much as a goodbye.

Zahir looks up directions to the Nexus and studies the blueprints of the building. It appears there are at least two alternate ways in. The first is a maintenance shaft for building's power systems, leading into a restricted, staff-only area. From there are paths to the VIP zone and the main area, as well as a catwalk overlooking the latter. There's no doubt also security offices and other places of import he could use. The other is an access point in the wall of the building, leading into the ventilation system. There's no telling if he can actually fit in there, but it might be worth a shot. There's a way to the same catwalk through them, at least.

Of course, when a man is packing Breacher Charges, walls can be made into doors without much effort. Something he can use, perhaps.

While he's looking, Zahir's eye is drawn to an almost human-looking woman browsing the Markets. Having some muscle might help on this mission, and she looks capable enough.

Karysse Sharid
But haggling never hurt anyone one wit, now did it? She grinned as she headed out into the market, simultaneously checking for advanced data equipment, especially weapons/targeting jammers, hacking aids, and security devices. As Karysse wove her way through the crowd, not quite comfortable with the amount of times she was bumped into, ducking under an extension, slipping past a slim, towering synth, she nearly knocked into an oddly-dressed man talking to a large mechanical gorilla. Or something like that. "'Pologies fer 'at," the pirate muttered as she squeezed past the two. Ah. There it was. Three-hundred was a bit pricey. Maybe she could talk them down to two-twenty. Every credit helped.

Karysse puts off buying a weapon for now and turns her attention to data tools, instead. Cheap, mass-fabricated autohackers and hacking processors line the shelves - of limited usefulness against good security, she knows. There are, on occasion, devices more interesting and valuable, as well.

Spoiler: Autohacker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Distortion Unit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Autohacker (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Anti-Targeter (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Data Guard (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Monitor Implant (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blackheart Amp (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sanctuary Node (Aug) (click to show/hide)

Karysse notices a seemingly purestrain thug of a man looking at her, the one busy talking with the gorilloid earlier. He's so ordinary-looking he stands out in the crowd.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2016, 11:51:09 am »

1. I don't speak Crazy. 2. Mind your own business. 3. Go fuck yourself.

Brooklyn gave her a smile and wave in return, texting back as if they were old girlfriends.

{Eh, we all commo, eh su commo, et tu? Beasters, birders, beerie, agri-coley. So oh most spritzy you, of dire twitchsome, fearforming de'manner (not that you pres is found unbecoming entire to me, one). Elsewise howso the majo suppo e'so'then the remina's and remmans of these wide black must to commo and ming, among the many gleary deadlights? ...All must sit a sphere of their own morae, and judge so whit their acting's...for a full spansome of color runneth over...but, yet neg-nonce I am to be'still, bequaff a pleasure of decency upon you, for this one is be'lighted to make a deeper blessyou, o' frankless cursedom-and so on that to favor you de'mist your trails, fair full you selfwise-yes, chrono outlight, you darksome dandelio. Fortu' favo' majorum, all that one's as you's do so's works!}

This was quite polite in Remnant terms, almost poetic.

Medulla-3
'Yes... I suppose... Forgive me. I cannot find much comfort in such things now,' she says, her voice fraught with emotion.

Medulla reads the ID broadcasted by her Caster: Líle de la Croix, of Destiny Station. They've found their woman.

She sent her next message to Medulla.

{So, missus twitchsome de'irk makes a wide carnage of a wordsport, proof for poor sad Brooklyn and her nicesome waymeans. She so be'signaled a harsh declaimaint of poto habform, of which I retained a moit of hopeful de'lingering!

Wellso, you teth-doth so mangly and persnifferous manda fortu gleam against you's many silvered wayjacks? A veinie of mangi gleaning, for me's, tree's, and thees'?}"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9