Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 8]  (Read 10984 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 6]
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2016, 03:34:30 pm »

She sent another message to Medulla. She had all but swept the room of any incoming threats. Either the foes weren't here, or they were much better than her.

{Methink commo forth so all diru-a-hackey, is a bit a'far to a a fearsome ends. Not such to never find a resu pos, but they's to see our designs in a most obvious way. When a datatrails is all so the trailsome they had thought to be'leave, such as be, may have eyes upon them. So such be'squeakers as we, who may follow a line o' crumblies, may find a  fearsous felinimus beaster at the rear of it, who fashions a mod of Brooklyn soup-flayed. A weary decent hack-a-job, must be done, or be'risk the whole bang in a buck.

~Ah, but it seems we're a'taking on this here effo, yes?

Thuslike, I will begin'wise, to be'scope on farnet, seeking some great knowings.}

Brooklyn was sure if her foes were competent, they might be passively keeping an eye on the local far net for specific references...of course, if they were really serious, they would likely already know someone was coming due to the public posting of a bounty. It was that in particular that had made her suspicious.

She thought it best to keep her identity hidden, if she could. It probably wouldn't be hard to either fake an ID (Xx19EnceladuScusk19Xx was her favorite), or even hack into another persons caster with poor security, and use that as a relay for her search.

It should be noted she would include Lile in the search as well. You could never entirely trust your employer until their paynotes had cleared...

Action: Start doing some farnet research on Lile, Rudin and Anxo Garcia-try to find some depth on why they would be targeted, and who is doing the targeting. Potential real estate holdings would be useful. If it's possible, try to do so 'incognito'-not using my own caster ID, but a fake identity.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 03:36:37 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2016, 03:34:40 pm »

"Hm. 'Lright. It'll do for what'll need. I c'n set us a private line, 'n we c'n get down to the hustle."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2016, 06:25:33 pm »

"Right, Let's get a move on then. Quicker we do this the quicker we get paid."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 5]
« Reply #108 on: August 07, 2016, 09:17:38 am »

To Brookybrook
{A favour, my dear? Well, I'm sure I can think of something. I do so love getting presents... Perhaps some brain, swollen with eldritch knowledge... well, something fresh, at any rate. But let's have that settled after this, perhaps.

Do tell me if you find something.}

To Lile

Medulla raised a limb and gently placed a finger on the girl's lips.

{I imagine my companion is already on it, my darling. You, however, should find someplace safe for you to stay where we can bring you poor dear once we've wrested him away from his captors. It should be secure, and I'd recommend you'd be able to conclude your business here shortly, once we're done.

I'll establish a direct connection to you, my dear, so we'll always be in contact. If they contact you again, immediately tell us, yes?}

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2016, 11:53:32 am »

Meanwhile...

Brooklyn frowned as something went glitchy in her caster-the cursed thing had stopped loading. She tried smacking a few times, the tried and true repair method of humans everywhere, but to no avail.

She sent another message to Medulla.

{Bads! See's to me, as Loco-crapper-Farnet is the premo appdump, for majo slowdoms de'fails-lesswise, my castermate is be'fritzed and de'reserized like.

Pray we yond upon, pro terra api mo signa? Or so, Brooklyn will burn chronoportus until signa receiving once more again.}

Waiting for any sort of response from the Gods above, she loaded up her Dlonkeykroong app and began to run the gauntlet of hammers, mushrooms, and red girders once again-in an attempt to save a medulla shaped videosprite from certain doom at the hands of a brutish earthman who appeared out of the pipes. Hopefully she could get to lv.2 this time...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »

To Brookybrook
{Hmm! I'm hardly surprised, my darling, with some of the sites you visit. Why, I'm surprised your caster hasn't got more viruses than the Ganymede Microbiology Department...}

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2016, 01:11:57 pm »

Turn 7

Zahir Spencer and Karysse Sharid

The pair of fresh would-be assassins sets out towards the Nexus with a plan in mind. Karysse will climb the power line access shaft, while Zahir takes to the vents. Their path takes them across the length of the ship, down to areas where the frequency of organics (or rather, organic-based augmented Solars) starts dropping and the frequency of machines increases. Swarms of sleek drones drift through the corridors, blinking obnoxiously when they pass. Several times, Karysse is ghosted; a cloud of data washes over her, a digital ghost embedded in the ship's systems making its presence known.

The Nexus is not too deep into this odd new world, though. It proves to be a part of the ship's superstructure, a featureless bastion save for the word 'NEXUS' in hard-light hovering above the entrance. Androids move in and out in a steady stream - there seem to be a few non-Machine visitors as well, though they stick out like a sore thumb.

The pair splits up. Zahir heads behind the Nexus, finding the ventilation access promised by their blueprints. It proves to be several metres off the ground. [Agility (Diff. 10): 9] There's no way he'll make that climb or jump that high, [Intellect (Diff. 12): 20] but some quick thinking on his part allows Zahir to devise a boost using a nearby waste incinerator, a handful of discarded nanofibre cable, and a piece of debris that seems to have fallen out of the ship's ceiling above (which is not an entirely comforting thought). A few minutes later, he's in.

The ventilation system is small and cramped, clearly not meant for a grown man, [Agility (Diff. 8): 20] but he manages to wiggle through with his armor sliding helpfully along the walls. He might ache later, but Zahir has no trouble propelling himself along the vents. The blueprints don't give a detailed look of the ventilation system, unfortunately. He's left moving essentially at random at intersections until he finds somewhere he can use to locate himself.

The first exit he finds is to a large, dark room full of towering machines, perhaps servers of some kinds. A few lights blink in the darkness, but it seems to be empty. The vents continue, of course, but he could drop out here.

Meanwhile, Karysse is taking her own way. The ship's power lines come into the Nexus from the maze of maintenance tunnels running beneath the main levels - it's only a matter of going down there and finding the access tunnel. [Data (Diff. 10): 18+5+1=24] She follows the data - automated alarm systems, monitoring subroutines and maintenance algorithms all radiate signals out and draw a helpful map for a hacker of her skill to use. She hacks her way past locks and security measures into the underlevel and is at the shaft before she knows it.

The only problem is that the shaft is completely devoid of atmosphere. Cold, hard vacuum awaits her inside. [Endurance (Diff. 15): 13+4=17] Karysse makes sure her exoskin is functioning normally before letting herself in. Even through the sustaining layer of synthetic skin that hardens around her, she can feel the biting cold and void.

[Agility (Diff. 6): 16] Climbing the shaft is simple - the inside of the tube is irregular, with cables and armored pipes running within, and there are plentiful handholds to use. She drags herself upwards until she comes to an exit and takes her leave.

The room she climbs into is obviously a power station - there are generators all around her, with monitoring and control stations adjacent. Their security doesn't look too tricky if she's in the mood for sabotage - otherwise, doors lead deeper into the building. The security room is above, not too far away, but she can read the active security systems on the way. The blueprints don't really tell how the spaces are being used right now, but reading the data makes her think there's an area for staff not far away, probably a 'behind the bar' or kitchen type of area, and what's likely to be a server room a little further away. Cameras and other security might be on the way.

She has her doubts about her partner's comms security - a Caster like that can be easily picked up by anyone looking, even if she secures their comms as best as she can. There might not be anyone actively looking for such things, though, or they might discount them as customer data traffic.

Brooklyn of Clan Spyche
Action: Start doing some farnet research on Lile, Rudin and Anxo Garcia-try to find some depth on why they would be targeted, and who is doing the targeting. Potential real estate holdings would be useful. If it's possible, try to do so 'incognito'-not using my own caster ID, but a fake identity.

Brooklyn finishes her game (no Lvl 2 yet - she'll get it some day) and starts researching. No point going into a job like this blind, after all. This 'Rudin' is her first target: [Data (Diff. 10): 9] There's not much to be found about the man - he's a local, deals with a lot of Remnant settlements and stations across Sol, delivering supplies and negotiating trading and data rights for people more important than him. He's a middle-man, essentially. Brooklyn can't find out if he's on the station or any records of his latest sightings or transactions, but there's a wealth of data to sift through. The ship uses just dreadful archiving for these records.

[Data (Diff. 14): 3] On Garcia, there's even less in the public record. He's a popular topic in local news, but there's little reliable information she can use. Crime lord, ship authorities haven't been able to get any charges to stick, no known base of operations. Brooklyn is having trouble navigating the complex systems architecture of the ship - getting access to whatever classified data the ship might have stashed away is just beyond her.

[Data (Diff. 8): 13] L璱e is more or less a non-entity, as might be expected. Finding her records is easy enough - arrival on ship, some routine purchases, creation of the message that brought you here, et cetera. There are likely more extensive records in her home station's farnet, but that'd take some time to link to, probably not worth the effort.

It is not a very fruitful search, she has to admit. A more personal visit to the ship authorities or the ship's criminal underworld might be necessary, or another approach entirely.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. 、o parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG IC [Turn 7]
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2016, 02:37:49 pm »

Fuming at her failure (and the digitized laughter of her hammer wielding nemesis) she tweeped again at Medulla, including the scant results she had found.

{Well I finds nothings no things of any things, and thy verminous friend-'asnatcher Dlonkey is against one, once more upon victory over me!

...Weary round-a-round, info be yet a'needs! Now twice more upon needed, both for mine endings and our endings-who's to find this bratooksi, and a lead'em on one Hotdoc for moi-moi, being this one.

May reco on you, her name be Radiance. Me'thinking these one Miss Raid-Your-Pants is what we must be catching on oursevers, to sever both ends of this twistyness.}

This last part was Brooklyns attempt at a 'Earth joke'.

{Methinking, double answerests, and one da'bills to ours employeress-maybe sweety dealdom?}
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:41:20 pm by Dwarmin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2016, 12:47:28 am »

Dogbite chews the inside of her cheek as she considers possible routes. First thing to do was obvious; use one of the monitoring stations to get into the facility's primary systems, or, failing that, map out power usage to identify likely camera and security locations.

Second thing to do was going to be somewhat trickier. Zahir's Caster was a piece of shit for basically any purpose. If she could set up a system so it was essentially one-way, that would probably help with security, but also drastically reduce communication. Of course, if she could get access to security cameras, that might be fixed, but...best bet was probably to try and disguise their communications as basic sales or data traffic. Hide in the noise, not the dark. Maybe it would even work. Regardless, they should probably keep chatter to a minimum.

*-"Oi'm checkin' fer maps, gimme a light on yer place and I c'n try to give you a lift with it."-*
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2016, 06:25:17 pm »

{Seems our best option, my sweet, if your electronic skills have fallen short. No matter, my dear, no matter! I'll bring our client with us, and they can say in the bar, perhaps.}

To Lile:
{We're following a lead and asking an information broker, my dear. I'd suggest ou accompany me to the pub, where you may be somewhat safer, and definitely easier for us to locate.}

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2016, 08:17:18 am »

Action: Back to the Bar where our information broker is no doubt waiting!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2016, 11:38:18 am »

"From the looks of things, near a server room of some kind."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2016, 12:07:23 pm »

Aye, back to the bar

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2016, 12:18:48 pm »

Aye, back to the bar

{Anyways, I was a'wondering-should this be'person me, intro politelike then upon you, and this "Little E"?~this was another 'Earth joke'~"...,or would a thing be that better, her thus not be'knowing so who I am to be? To'chrono supra paranoiums~?"}

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2016, 05:38:12 pm »

Medulla processed for a second, synapses within her internal biocomputers firing, as she politely offered Lile a lift before she knuckled back to the bar.

{Hmm... up to you, my darling. She's aware of your name, so you'll be able to communicate with her, I imagine, without having to be too suspicious.}
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9