Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [6/6]  (Read 22505 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [0/6]
« Reply #165 on: June 23, 2016, 07:00:05 pm »

Question: How quickly did Paris get wrecked? Would a survivor of that be possible, or was it instant and everyone died?
It got rekt over the course of a week, I think, so survivors would be possible.

Character is done for now, ready for balancing.

Spoiler: Amelie Hart (click to show/hide)
Come At Me! - Change to one turn of attacking.
Heavy Swing - Change multiplier bonus to 1.25, since it scales.
Energy Redirection - Elaborate on it a little more?
Armored Up - Keep in mind, you're free to start with basic armor, but to summon it you'd need this ability. What type of armor is it?

Fireaxe damage is 1d6+STR.
Ok
Ok
Let's say that Sorasa (KingMurdoc's character) is being guarded by Amelie's shield. An enemy targets an attack at Sorasa which is blocked by the shield, but it destroys the shield. The attack that destroyed it did 12 damage. Sorasa's next attack will now deal an additional 3 damage.
Clarify? It's the armor described in her description. I had it in the skill because I want a way for it to stay viable as she levels, because I don't think she'd be able to use other armor.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 23, 2016, 07:07:06 pm »

Ok, I changed it around as you suggested.

I changed the passive so she can choose one of them to increase at the start of each turn and if she doesn't cast a spell the buffs go away. I hope this is ok, if it's not I'll change it to just being stat buffs. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:15:55 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 23, 2016, 07:10:58 pm »

@Twinwolf:
o, okay. What if someone attacks the shield directly, and not a player behind it?
Magic Girl Steel Plate Armor: +5 DR, -2 AGI, -1 DEX. +1 DR/level.

Ok ,I changed it around as you suggested.

I changed the passive so she can choose one of them to increase at the start of each turn and if she doesn't cast a spell the buffs go away. I hope this is ok, if it's not I'll change it to just being stat buffs. 
Yeah that's fine.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 23, 2016, 07:32:32 pm »

Then I guess that bonus would go to Amelie.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #169 on: June 23, 2016, 08:40:09 pm »

why is everyone's weapon better than mine >.>
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2016, 11:26:41 pm »

Alright. I should be done with my character sheet. Let me know how it looks and what values I need to put in for damage/whatever.

For reference, or for those of you know weren't in v3, Dalia's old sheet is here. Just so that we're on the same page here.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:28:35 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2016, 12:29:21 am »

Made the appropriate changes to Unhesitant Courage. Reduced the cooldown as well since I saw that another equivalent move only had 1 turn cooldown and the 2 turn was placed to balance out the damage reduction.

EDIT: I may make one more major edit to Alistair's sheet to change his stats, but apart from that I think the only edits I have left are description and clarification of what his abilties do, most of which I've already done. Also edited his description to be better because dammit guys why you have to be so good at writing ;-;
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:55:20 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2016, 04:40:51 am »

Damn it Elf. Stop trying to be better than everyone else. It's working.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2016, 05:24:12 am »

Made suggested changes to the sheet. They're in reply #25, but I'll quote it here since I've seen sheets get lost like that.

Sigtext!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2016, 06:04:02 am »

Well, these tend to have too high of a daily post-count for my tastes, but I gotta get my sheet in...
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Imma probably only check in once per day, which in my very limited experience of this game is not enough. But I wanted to get the sheet in for the lulz...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2016, 06:36:42 am »

*glares at RAM*
*slinks off back to keyboard*

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2016, 09:07:02 am »

Nomad, if you could go through my abilities, that'd be nice. Tell me what needs changing.

As for the description, I'm going to get onto that soon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:15:08 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2016, 01:37:05 pm »

Alright. I should be done with my character sheet. Let me know how it looks and what values I need to put in for damage/whatever.

For reference, or for those of you know weren't in v3, Dalia's old sheet is here. Just so that we're on the same page here.
Capable of Absorbing Mana: Change it to a certain radius, say 40 feet. I say this because in most fights you will have a bunch of people using abilities which each give .5 mana, which could easily mean 5 mana a turn which far exceeds your usage of it.
Protection of the Crystals: Have it cap at 1/2 INT, since damage resistance is pretty strong.
Bane of Metal and Flesh: Damage is 1d6 per level, plus 2 damage per CA.
Friend of Metal and Flesh: Same as above, but with healz.

Crystal knife damage: 1d6+DEX. Shatters from extreme force or sonic attacks.

Nomad, if you could go through my abilities, that'd be nice. Tell me what needs changing.

As for the description, I'm going to get onto that soon.
Overheat- Just change it to a flat dice + WILL. I recommend 1d4+WILL or 1d2+WILL to 3 targets, since it has two modes. Applies heat damage as well.
Heat Seeking- Make it either a 20% chance per level or have it as a passive that has a lesser percent per level.

Made suggested changes to the sheet. They're in reply #25, but I'll quote it here since I've seen sheets get lost like that.

Specify how wide the shield is, because some times I may be using a battlemap. Other than that it's good.

Well, these tend to have too high of a daily post-count for my tastes, but I gotta get my sheet in...
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Imma probably only check in once per day, which in my very limited experience of this game is not enough. But I wanted to get the sheet in for the lulz...

Will look later.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

I did specify though.
Quote from: Shield Wall
Shield Wall: Amelie summons an energy shield in front of her that blocks damage to her and allies nearby (~35 feet). The shield has HP equal to (LVLd4 + Will), and has a cooldown of one turn when it goes down. Allies can attack through it, but Amelie cannot attack while it is active. Nobody will die if she can help it. (Active, Level 2)

To be honest that seems a bit wide, but that's what you said when I brought it up the first time:

Alright then. And it guards the user and one other party member, right?
Yes; when close together, that is. I would say 35 feet.
Sigtext!

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »

I did specify though.
Quote from: Shield Wall
Shield Wall: Amelie summons an energy shield in front of her that blocks damage to her and allies nearby (~35 feet). The shield has HP equal to (LVLd4 + Will), and has a cooldown of one turn when it goes down. Allies can attack through it, but Amelie cannot attack while it is active. Nobody will die if she can help it. (Active, Level 2)

To be honest that seems a bit wide, but that's what you said when I brought it up the first time:

Alright then. And it guards the user and one other party member, right?
Yes; when close together, that is. I would say 35 feet.
Ah, I meant the max radius that you can put the shield out. We can say the shield is 25 feet wide.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17