Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [6/6]  (Read 22519 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [0/6]
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2016, 02:08:04 pm »

Power-set mostly. The personality I can do myself.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2016, 02:12:41 pm »

Power-set mostly. The personality I can do myself.
Uh, gimme a sec.

I'd suggest, say, a character based around armor piercing but pretty much everyone's doing damage right now. So, lessee.
Possibly someone whose power draws attention to them while allowing them to dodge? Like, a power that essentially taunts everyone designated as 'enemy' while also providing some way of improving dodging, be it far improved reflexes, localized time manipulation or something else, I dunno.

Character based around setting up forcefields around the field to immobilise enemies, defend key locations and allies etc.?

Character based around no-selling singular attacks with a personal forcefield but then having to recharge?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:18 pm »

So, does anyone have any ideas for a character that I could use? I could try Tori for a third time but she doesn't fit this setting, and I'm not sure I want to use my character from v3.
there's a mana system

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2016, 02:21:35 pm »

So, does anyone have any ideas for a character that I could use? I could try Tori for a third time but she doesn't fit this setting, and I'm not sure I want to use my character from v3.
there's a mana system
What about it? You mean make a character who uses it in different ways than normal, or something else?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2016, 02:33:20 pm »

there's a mana system
What about it? You mean make a character who uses it in different ways than normal, or something else?
idk, something that involves it maybe. Give mana, take mana, be an antimage, etc.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2016, 02:39:38 pm »

Hm. Posting to watch.

I can theoretically make a sheet without knowing shit about any of the previous games, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, btw, finished the sheet. Tell me what needs balancing, fixing etc.

And, uh, do we get a basic attack?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2016, 02:45:28 pm »

Hm. Posting to watch.

I can theoretically make a sheet without knowing shit about any of the previous games, right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, btw, finished the sheet. Tell me what needs balancing, fixing etc.

And, uh, do we get a basic attack?
Will look at it soon, currently tired. And yeah, you get a basic attack, but only with your weapon (or fists). Otherwise, you need to use your abilities to deal damage because you're a caster.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2016, 02:49:56 pm »

Wait, you don't get a basic magic attack?

Shit, I may need to go rejig Alistair's Hope gain, I assumed he'd have magical attacks to be able to gain Hope meanwhile. :P

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2016, 02:51:42 pm »

Wait, you don't get a basic magic attack?

Shit, I may need to go rejig Alistair's Hope gain, I assumed he'd have magical attacks to be able to gain Hope meanwhile. :P
Hell yeah, that's another thing I'm changing. Casters don't get to double as fighters anymore, you have abilities so ya better use them. You can still attack with a physical attack though, but otherwise, physical-oriented characters get to take that spotlight.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2016, 02:53:55 pm »

maybe still give them a basic, but weaker magic attack, to make up for them not needing weapons?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2016, 02:57:14 pm »

maybe still give them a basic, but weaker magic attack, to make up for them not needing weapons?
Their abilities are their attacks. I mean sure, I guess they could shoot out something very weak, but it would be just like a 1d4 damage with no modifier or something.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2016, 03:00:14 pm »

If that's the case, I fixed Alistair's Carbuncle Flash to do less damage but basically act as his 'basic attack' for lack of a better word. It also only adds .5 Hope stacks instead of 1 like the stronger version did.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »

KingMurdoc - Sorasa - Damage
DigitalDemon - Rose - Damage
Kj - Ray - Damage
Pencil_Art - Gerald - Damage
Elf - Alistair - Support
Projeck - Anna - probably damage
Akroma - Helena - Damage

lol you guys are fucked

This is why I'm going healtank. :u

I have a couple of questions, some mechanical and some plotty. In no particular order:
Would an ability that affects the whole party and grows in strength be allowed? Which is to say you'd activate it, and as turns go by its strength/effects would accumilate. Maybe make it continuously work as a passive, so that the character can do other things in the meantime. I'm thinking of having it reset to 0 if the character is hit enough times so that it doesn't turn too OP, obviously. Would something along those lines be okay?
An ability that adds Damage Reduction when you get hit. Maybe have it stack, so that multiple hits give you more DR? Perhaps have it persist over the turns? Would anything of that nature be okay?
The whole world has pretty much turned to shit, right? How are the gods doing? Are clerics and the like still a thing? Which is to say, could I play a character who gets their abilities from the divine or something of that nature?

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2016, 04:06:38 pm »

KingMurdoc - Sorasa - Damage
DigitalDemon - Rose - Damage
Kj - Ray - Damage
Pencil_Art - Gerald - Damage
Elf - Alistair - Support
Projeck - Anna - probably damage
Akroma - Helena - Damage

lol you guys are fucked

I have a couple of questions, some mechanical and some plotty. In no particular order:
Would an ability that affects the whole party and grows in strength be allowed? Which is to say you'd activate it, and as turns go by its strength/effects would accumilate. Maybe make it continuously work as a passive, so that the character can do other things in the meantime. I'm thinking of having it reset to 0 if the character is hit enough times so that it doesn't turn too OP, obviously. Would something along those lines be okay?
An ability that adds Damage Reduction when you get hit. Maybe have it stack, so that multiple hits give you more DR? Perhaps have it persist over the turns? Would anything of that nature be okay?
The whole world has pretty much turned to shit, right? How are the gods doing? Are clerics and the like still a thing? Which is to say, could I play a character who gets their abilities from the divine or something of that nature?
 Whole-party abilities tend to be really strong, especially if they increase in power over time. I say give it a max of two targets including yourself, a very low bonus, and yeah, some way to reset it. Raising its level will make it better, obviously.

Yeah, that's fine. +1 DR per hit seems fine at Level 1.

The gods are fine, but are currently occupied with much of war to protect creation among other things; you can still have priests and shit though, but there will be no gods suddenly coming to your aid like they did in V2 and V3.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 21, 2016, 04:12:24 pm »

...Goddamnit I was going to do that :P

But anyway: How would an ability that put up a shield for the caster and an ally be balanced? Like, a shield with it's own HP, but I'm not sure how that HP would be calculated. For balance it'd likely have a limit to how long it can be up, and a cooldown.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17