Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [6/6]  (Read 22544 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of the Magic Girls (RotMG 4) [OOC] [0/6]
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2016, 03:00:06 pm »

fok
kden

Also, what's wrong with Carbuncle Flash and Preservation? You approved them as the exact same moves last time (they were Rouge Flash and Carbuncle's Light).
Those two moves are fine, I'm just over exaggerating. This ain't LoL

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2016, 03:00:14 pm »

I don't really get what you mean by 'other magic'.  Like, what magic would Anders be using to begin with?  Because he's using SOME magic apparently.
Whatever the outcome, my other points still remain. If he's supernaturally smart, he can't really just magically infuse something with fire or something.

And yeah, I want people to have in-depth, well-written characters instead of half-assed sheets. Shows people's interest and it really helps to bring out the best ones to my attention. If you just write a few sentences, I am probably not going to be accepting you.
I mean, I tried my best, but that's probably not enough.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »

fok
kden

Also, what's wrong with Carbuncle Flash and Preservation? You approved them as the exact same moves last time (they were Rouge Flash and Carbuncle's Light).
;-;
oke senpi

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

I don't really get what you mean by 'other magic'.  Like, what magic would Anders be using to begin with?  Because he's using SOME magic apparently.
Whatever the outcome, my other points still remain. If he's supernaturally smart, he can't really just magically infuse something with fire or something.

And yeah, I want people to have in-depth, well-written characters instead of half-assed sheets. Shows people's interest and it really helps to bring out the best ones to my attention. If you just write a few sentences, I am probably not going to be accepting you.
Nah your sheet is pretty decent. I just hope that everyone knows they aren't guaranteed to get in. One problem we had last game was having a shit ton of people with a shit ton of characters.

fok
kden

;-;
oke senpi
<3

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2016, 03:05:01 pm »

So what skills then, Unleashed Power and Fierceness of Living?

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2016, 03:05:25 pm »

Nah your sheet is pretty decent. I just hope that everyone knows they aren't guaranteed to get in. One problem we had last game was having a shit ton of people with a shit ton of characters.
Oh. Yey. And yeah, I know that there's a limit.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »

So what skills then, Unleashed Power and Fierceness of Living?
Boundless Life, Unleashed Power, and Fierceness of Living. The effects are fine, but the numbers are too complex. One option is to just have the hope stacks give a flat modifier (ie, HOPE*2 addition to spell damage or w/e, instead of percentages and other shit).
Also, wouldnt Carbuncle Flash give 1.5 stacks since you're also damaging someone?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2016, 03:11:55 pm »

No, only 1 stack. It overrides the default .5 gain.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:07 pm »

I know that feeling.

By the way, I can't remember if it's been asked before, when are characters chosen?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2016, 03:12:22 pm »

No, only 1 stack. It overrides the default .5 gain.
Ah, alright.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:28 pm »

But the point is, he's using super smartness and wizard skills to figure out how to do stuff like infuse things with fire.

How does this sound?
Using Anders' passive to allow him to reverse-engineer magic (and apply it to items?):

Level 20 Analysis:Anders reverse-engineers one spell cast up to two turns ago.  He can either immediately re-cast it, at 1 level less than its original power, or, after the end of the battle, add it to his Known Spells List.

The Known Spells List: Anders' phenomenal intellect allows him to, while out of combat, look through all the magic he has studied and select some of it to prepare for the next battle.  He can prepare up to [INT](20) levels' worth of spells with a downtime of 30 minutes in which no strenuous intellectual activity occurs (i.e. talking is okay, cryptography not so much).  He may alternatively swap out [level] worth of spells in [2*level] minutes to a maximum of five levels, even while in combat.
The casting stat for all Known Spells List spells is INT, regardless of what it was previously.

So stripped of flavor:
Anders can either re-cast a spell from up to two turns ago at a -1 level penalty, or add it to a list.
He can have up to 20 levels of spells from that list active, and casts using INT.
It takes him 30 minutes to prepare the list out of combat.
In combat, he can switch out one level's worth of spell per 2 minutes for up to five levels.
He casts spells from that list.

Also, so that he doesn't just make a level-20 spell and cast it twice to omnimurderdoom everything, I have an idea that if the spell is higher level than his WIL, he needs an extra turn per some fraction of levels.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:18:07 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2016, 03:16:17 pm »

But the point is, he's using super smartness and wizard skills to figure out how to do stuff like infuse things with fire.

How does this sound?
Using Anders' passive to allow him to reverse-engineer magic (and apply it to items?):

Level 20 Analysis:Anders reverse-engineers one spell cast up to two turns ago.  He can either immediately re-cast it, at 1 level less than its original power, or, after the end of the battle, add it to his Known Spells List.

The Known Spells List: Anders' phenomenal intellect allows him to, while out of combat, look through all the magic he has studied and select some of it to prepare for the next battle.  He can prepare up to [INT](20) levels' worth of spells with a downtime of 30 minutes in which no strenuous intellectual activity occurs (i.e. talking is okay, cryptography not so much).  He may alternatively swap out [level] worth of spells in [2*level] minutes to a maximum of five levels, even while in combat.
The casting stat for all Known Spells List spells is INT, regardless of what it was previously.

Also, so that he doesn't just make a level-20 spell and cast it twice to omnimurderdoom everything, I have an idea that if the spell is higher level than his WIL, he needs an extra turn per some fraction of levels.
It's.. still the same issue. Knowing 20 spellpoints of other people's spells still means that he is a jack of all trades who is good at everything.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2016, 03:16:44 pm »

I'm not sure it's a matter of fluff. I think it's more a matter of balance.

Also, when are character sheets due?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

Okay, so how would you do it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2016, 03:20:50 pm »

By not minmaxing like fuck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17