Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Make Mexico Great Again (CKII-AtE)  (Read 6381 times)

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Make Mexico Great Again (CKII-AtE) (Third King Coming Soon)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 02:09:08 pm »

Oh, owch.

Don't think I've ever actually been assassinated in CK2
I was, once. In an Ireland game, my elderly character's own son and heir had him sent careening off a cliff. Funny thing is, if he would've waited a year or so, his dad probably would've kicked the bucket on his own.

On topic: Look on the bright side, it least it wasn't the cartels... Right?
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2016, 05:55:28 am »

In my very first game of CKII, I got invited by my liege to a winter feast, then imprisoned and executed whilst I was his guest - turns out he was the direct heir to my titles.  Since I hadn't fathered any children at that point...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2016, 11:08:31 pm »

The Uncertain Vectors of King Wenceslao II

Hello.  I am King Wenceslao II the Kid of House Iturbide, King of Mexico and Zapoteca, Duke of Mexico, Count of Mexico, Count of Morelos, Count of Tlaxcala, Count of Xalapa, and Claimant to the County of Cuauhtemoc.  I have reigned under regency for the past thirteen years, but today, I gain control of the Kingdom for myself.

This is my wife.  In accordance with Iturbide tradition, she is a lowborn woman.

Due to her status, it was required for me to have to spend a large portion of money in order to keep my prestige at a good level of quality.  I still lost one hundred units.

I was taught to be a skilled tactician and to dedicate myself to the cult of death.  Unlike my father, I have also made an effort to study the art of intrigue.  While I am merely only of moderate skill, I have garnered a spymaster who carries a rating of 25 in the skill.  His efforts in other countries have granted Mexico multiple counts of technology gained.

He's a good man.  Managed to get another bit sent out in time for the wedding, at that.

War was heavy during the regency.  Two civil wars and a full scale revolt occurred against my rule, and my regent decided to send the order out to conquer another county of Olmeca.  The civil wars were some difficult times, and the execution of the orchestrators of both kinda made me viewed as a bit of a tyrant.  It should die down after awhile, though.  I hope.

My regent was initially my mother, whom was simultaneously the guardian of myself and my friend, my second regent.

Looking back, I think her methods were a bit...questionable.

I did manage to become friends with her other ward.  The havoc we caused...  We had a few good talks at the shooting range, at that.  He's the only person outside of the Iturbide family to shoot the gun.  Apparently that caused a bit of a fuss and I had to stop letting him use it, but still.

Speaking of the gun, that was a bit of a mess to see if I could get it.  It was more likely to go to my mother or permanently remain with the church than me getting ahold of it.  In fact, I heard my cousin might have gotten a chance to get ahold of it.  I am thankful the small precinct my father set up managed to win out.

May want to move onto my family.  Here's my sister.  She never knew father.  None of us really knew him, though.  Give us a break, I am the oldest and I was three when he died.

I did learn the rites at my young age, though.  I didn't really understand them at the time, but again, was three years old at the time.

As for my brother, he's the current ruler of the Merchant Republic of Veracruz.  It was given to him a couple years ago, and he's been under regency for awhile, but he's managed to build three trade posts already.  Sadly, due to strange laws I wasn't aware of at the time, this discounted him from being my heir, so the heir to the throne is my eldest sister.

In other news, a couple counties were converted to the faith.

However, one of the new pilgrims tried to shed doubt upon the apparition that had been seen by my grandfather.  Lying scum, he really doubts the vision held by King Wenceslao the Holy!?

Heh.

What was that?

Anyway, better end with a couple events from beyond our borders.

Up north in the Holy Columbian Confederacy, some preacher is making some major waves in their religious community.  We haven't gotten word on what the Emperor decided, but it is potentially destabilizing the region.

Also up north, the Abbess-General of the faith in the Cascadia region has become prepared to start declaring her own Crusades.  Wonder how much of this is due to the Pope having earlier declared his failed Crusade of Hudsonia...

And again from up north, some prick up in the are of Louisiana has made some strange claims of being the true ruler of Mexico.  The argument is really weak and falls apart rapidly under close scrutiny, but he's managed to assemble a number of followers from the uneducated populace up in the region.  Madness, I say.

That should about cover everything.  Now to begin making my own destiny.  I've got a Holy War running against the last bastion of Sol Invicta faith.  I shall add it to the Mexican empire, and Mexico shall once more stretch from sea to sea!

Will Wenceslao II succeed in his goals?  Or will he too find his fate at the edge of a blade?  Find out in the next installment of the attempts to Make Mexico Great Again!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Restoration of the Celts (CKII+)(form. Make Mexico Great Again)
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2016, 07:55:07 pm »

Editted the first post with the start of a new playthrough.  Difficulty should at least be a bit interesting.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 12:14:33 am »

New game? Looks like it's going to have some challenge to it.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2016, 12:30:44 am »

But we're Mexican, not Mexican't! I fully support this change of course. Revive the old ways, unite the tribes, and be the scourge of the Romans.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2016, 01:15:00 am »

New game? Looks like it's going to have some challenge to it.

Considering I haven't gotten through the regency yet and had 50 ducats lost to an event (I get .3/month), have a negative prestige of around 250, and have had to savescum due to a revolt that spawned with 250% the troops I could raise resulting in me losing the chiefdom and being assassinated...I'm in for some rough times.  Original plan was to conquer Iceland, and due to Gavelkind, there was a short window when it might have been viable if I had ships, but at this point that's kinda passed.  Hopefully I can pick up some land in Ireland before it is too late by getting lucky with a business focus event to debase metals to get 100 ducats to allow me to hire some sellsails.  Sidhe know I'm not getting a shipyard built anytime soon (costs 300 prestige!  I have negative 250!)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2016, 09:30:28 am »

Why not just start a new thread for your new game? It's confusing to just toss it on top of the old AAR (which was pretty good).

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »

Why not just start a new thread for your new game? It's confusing to just toss it on top of the old AAR (which was pretty good).

Yeah, probably.  I just want to get past the complete bullshit.  Besides the frankly absurd level of negative prestige I got since I couldn't go after literally anyone, I apparently can't hire fleet mercenaries anymore, because they are completely missing.  Don't even list hired, just every last one of them are gone and I have no idea why.  Oh, and furthermore, the bonuses to my levies my Marshall should be providing are not happening. Really tempted to just cheat my way around all that negative prestige.  Oh, and by the way, my only target possible is Iceland, because they removed the 'Fabricate Claims' option if you are below 0 prestige, WHICH I CANNOT GET ABOVE DUE TO HAVING NO WAY TO DECLARE A WAR TO STOP LOSING PRESTIGE AT A RATE OF 2 PER MONTH and they limited Subjugation to only be able to be declared on locations within the dejure kingdom your county is a part of!  I intended this to be hard, but this fucking insane!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 09:08:09 am »

Any valid raiding targets?  Raids prevent prestige loss the same way wars do.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 12:43:06 pm »

Any valid raiding targets?  Raids prevent prestige loss the same way wars do.

I'm on an island connected to nothing else with zero ships.  I know the norse get a free shipyard when the 'viking age begins' event occurs, and if I don't get that, I'm cheating enough prestige so I can get one built, then revert to the original prestige level I had.

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 08:24:12 pm »

Yeah, probably.  I just want to get past the complete bullshit.  Besides the frankly absurd level of negative prestige I got since I couldn't go after literally anyone, I apparently can't hire fleet mercenaries anymore, because they are completely missing.  Don't even list hired, just every last one of them are gone and I have no idea why.  Oh, and furthermore, the bonuses to my levies my Marshall should be providing are not happening. Really tempted to just cheat my way around all that negative prestige.  Oh, and by the way, my only target possible is Iceland, because they removed the 'Fabricate Claims' option if you are below 0 prestige, WHICH I CANNOT GET ABOVE DUE TO HAVING NO WAY TO DECLARE A WAR TO STOP LOSING PRESTIGE AT A RATE OF 2 PER MONTH and they limited Subjugation to only be able to be declared on locations within the dejure kingdom your county is a part of!  I intended this to be hard, but this fucking insane!

Sellsails are only available in or after 1066.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 08:28:51 pm »

Sellsails are only available in or after 1066.

In Vanilla, yes.  This is going to be using the CKII+ mod, which has some back in the 700 start.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2016, 02:25:41 am »

No one ever said bringing back the druids would be easy. Nevertheless, if the game's acting like a douche, do what you must. That's my motto, anyway.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Make Mexico Great Again (CKII-AtE)
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »

No one ever said bringing back the druids would be easy. Nevertheless, if the game's acting like a douche, do what you must. That's my motto, anyway.

Found an event for the Celts that gives 200 prestige and have now secured a positive prestige increase.  Things are turning up now.

Here's the new thread, by the way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3