Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1913  (Read 14323 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1912 design
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2016, 07:23:47 pm »

Like what types of colors? It'll be a little hard to make them to fancy with out making it a eyesore.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2016, 07:41:34 pm »

Okay so a 5.75mm steel jacketed smokeless round fed into a single chamber from a gravity fed hopper.  Turning a crank loads, fires and clears the chamber as well as rotating a new barrel into position.  The weapon has four barrels and fires four times per turn of the crank which takes about a second, giving it a fire rate of about 240 rpm.  The gun is mounted so it can turn in a 45 degree arc, has large wheels which allows a team of horses to move it and has metal shields on both sides to protect operators.

Sound good?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2016, 08:04:20 pm »

Sounds awesome and killy,

Also my third and final iteration of my flag: http://imgur.com/VRoSB09
I really need to work on my paint skills.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2016, 08:36:51 pm »

I really need to work on my paint skills.
I prefer the silhouette swords. They fit the wheat better, and keep the flag looking simple and recognizable.
I added a bit of sword detail while blackening them again, ran a sharpen brush over the wheat so it fits the swords better, and unified the flag's outer trim.

Spoiler: flag (click to show/hide)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2016, 09:51:41 pm »

I don't know I like Nirur's, and besides most flags are more plain then ours is a flag not a coat of arms.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2016, 12:15:19 am »

Yeah, but it's kinda unappealing. I'm just... repelled, for some reason. Maybe the colors should be brighter?

That could work, through I like the dull dark gold in the middle, It reminds me of wheat fields, I don't remember why the dark green got added through I think i was thinking of plains.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 03, 2016, 11:44:25 am »

Spoiler: (Unnamed gatling gun) (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2016, 12:09:26 pm »

Let's try for bayonets on our general-use rifles.

Upgrading our ships with the cannons would be nice, but the islands we're fighting over just make oil, and I'd really like to regain some land on the plains. I fear we'll need to focus a design turn on smokeless powder.

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 03, 2016, 12:21:57 pm »

Proposal: Call the Gatling Cannon the Rotary Cannon. Also, a very nice design and - it being a support weapon - we're fulfilling all of our needs.

Now, what should we revise? As I had already said, I can see three (four) ways to go:
a) Add a single "Breech" cannon to our armed vessels. This is a stopgap measurement, significantly increasing range and firepower of our ships. They still remain the same, though. This is useful since I'm guessing the enemy will do something naval-focused this turn, and we only managed to gain an advantage due to shore-based artillery (imagine them ship-mounted!)

b) Add a bayonet to our rifle. This would give our soldiers a melee advantage, and the ability to repel horse charges by shifting to a square formation. This is useful since it increases our soldiers' ability across the board, and is the safe revision.

c) Revise our cannon ammunition. This would add both a shell, canister round and shrapnel shell. This is useful since it increases the capability of our cannon, giving us another way to avoid massed charges. They also increase our bombardment ability.

d) Revise our shovels. Introduce digging courses and standardized shovels for our soldiers. This is useful since it allows them to use fortifications, making them less vulnerable both to rockets and charges.

Of course, the question is whether d) counts as a revision.
For myself, I'm in favour of c, d, b and a in that order.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 03, 2016, 01:15:46 pm »

Let's try for bayonets on our general-use rifles.

Upgrading our ships with the cannons would be nice, but the islands we're fighting over just make oil, and I'd really like to regain some land on the plains. I fear we'll need to focus a design turn on smokeless powder.

+1, and while a design turn for smokeless powder would be a little limiting, it'll knock down the complexity of pretty much all our equipment too so it's a kinda even trade off.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1912 Revise
« Reply #101 on: July 03, 2016, 01:54:20 pm »

I say we focus on making trenches, because if we have trenches and the rice eaters don't then their entire side of the battle field will be a no man's land.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 03, 2016, 02:04:54 pm »

Can we please aim for something safer? I really don't think inventing a modern combat doctrine will fit in a revise action.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 03, 2016, 03:25:39 pm »

What about upgrading the 6lbr cannons to have breach loaded black-powder shells and rifling for better accuracy.  That would improve firing speed and accuracy for a common light cannon.  The sloops will have a better chance and we can cause more chaos in attacking their lines.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1912 Spy/Battle
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2016, 12:05:19 pm »

A bayonet is easy enough to make. It is simply a knife which can be slung to a new fitting just under the barrel of Patriot rifles. As a bonus, they have also replaced the saber for most soldiers who are using the Patriots. Cavalry and officers still retain the Saber.

Spoiler: Patriot Bayonet (click to show/hide)

Spy and Battle phase.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11