Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race - Empire of Chang Shing Thread - 1913 design  (Read 12658 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race - Empire of Chang Shing Thread - 1912 design
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »

Alright! We obviously need armor on our ships, so I'll try designing an armored Rocket Ship that can help us out a bit. We really need to increase the accuracy of our missiles after we get the sniper rifle figured out...

Sea King Rocket Battleship: A massive Battleship based off of the HMS Dreadnought, with thick metal armor, steam turbine engines, and lots of rockets. The Rockets are placed in a design like the "Rice Organ", with several cart-like batteries with 4 dozen rockets each in place of the ship's cannons.

There, that should let us use our navy more effectively. I am hoping we can substitute enthusiasm for accuracy :P. We might want to make something smaller, for landing purposes?

*EDIT*

More explanation, I only expect to be able to field one or two of these things. I hope they can batter up the coast killing the enemies guns enough that we can make a landing. They aren't meant to drop off the troops themselves. They should also be able to DECIMATE the enemy ships, cutting off their reinforcements.

On the flag: I like the design, but not crazy about the color choice. The blue looks good, but the tan/green don't really fit on a flag  :-\. Maybe just make it a mono-color background?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 03:48:32 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
  • i am the great bootleg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »

vote:
dragon platform:a large platform shaped cart,it uses 4 horses,it has alot of rockets in the middle,it has about 8 soldiers on it
no

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

vote:
dragon platform:a large platform shaped cart,it uses 4 horses,it has alot of rockets in the middle,it has about 8 soldiers on it

So far, the only thing we are winning on is the Plains. This thing is useless in everywhere we are losing  :-\.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »

What if we just outfitted all of our soldiers with Steel Armor? That should reduce casualties significantly.

shoulderboulder

• Bay Watcher
  • i am the great bootleg!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2016, 03:15:11 pm »

vote:

So far, the only thing we are winning on is the Plains. This thing is useless in everywhere we are losing  :-\.
you guy tell me that it`s a great idea,and then you say that you don`t need it.
no

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2016, 03:19:42 pm »

What if we just outfitted all of our soldiers with Steel Armor? That should reduce casualties significantly.

............................No........No it wouldn't. Steel Armor doesn't block sniper bullets. If anything, it would make us have more trouble in the places we are losing (steel armor+marsh/mountain/ocean=exhaustion)

vote:

you guy tell me that it`s a great idea,and then you say that you don`t need it.

It is a great idea, but some of us don't know how the game works. They wanted to run down the plains (where we are winning) and take their capital directly. The rules say we can't do that, so a weapon designed for the plains won't help us now, unless they pop out something meant for plain warfare.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2016, 03:21:13 pm »

I meant Steel Helmets, hopefully reducing sniper casualties by a decent margin. I support Stirk's Ship design.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2016, 03:23:04 pm »

I meant Steel Helmets, hopefully reducing sniper casualties by a decent margin. I support Stirk's Ship design.

I would assume the bad guys are aiming center of mass, headshots are probably hard to pull off with a black powder sniper rifle.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2016, 03:25:24 pm »

I would assume the bad guys are aiming center of mass, headshots are probably hard to pull off with a black powder sniper rifle.

Right, but every little bit helps. Why don't we come up with Flamethrowers? That would give us an edge in the Marshes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2016, 03:30:42 pm »

Right, but every little bit helps. Why don't we come up with Flamethrowers? That would give us an edge in the Marshes.

I was literally thinking the same thing  :P. The general thought is that our sniper rifle should be able to make the push back in the Marshes, making them something we would want to do if this proves ineffective. I also noticed something, our guys are getting sniped in everywhere where there isn't open space. Snipers shouldn't have an advantage in close areas...So what if their design wasn't a rifle, but it was instead camouflage? If it really was a rifle as I thought, that would mean they would have something of an advantage in the plains as well, where they can shoot at absurd distances easily, while the marshes and such would be difficult to find a long shot. Just a theory :P.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2016, 03:33:32 pm »

I was literally thinking the same thing  :P. The general thought is that our sniper rifle should be able to make the push back in the Marshes, making them something we would want to do if this proves ineffective. I also noticed something, our guys are getting sniped in everywhere where there isn't open space. Snipers shouldn't have an advantage in close areas...So what if their design wasn't a rifle, but it was instead camouflage? If it really was a rifle as I thought, that would mean they would have something of an advantage in the plains as well, where they can shoot at absurd distances easily, while the marshes and such would be difficult to find a long shot. Just a theory :P.

Those cowardly Wheat-Eaters! I should've known...  :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2016, 10:05:44 pm »

To clarify why I am focusing on boats:

We really aren't loosing that badly. Looking at the map, we win the plains, they win the Marshes. We are completely equal here. For the islands, the have captured the middle left island and are making ground on the bottom left, while we have been in a stalemate for the middle right island, which to clarify means we are one island behind. Since we are tied on land and losing the oceans, it is logical to focus on the oceans. Plus, it is easier than guessing what they made and trying to one up them  :-\. A proper Battleship should let us rule the waves, dominating the enemy navy in speed and firepower, preventing any reinforcements from landing, while destroying the land-based defenses with massive salvos.

Meanwhile, on land, I am still not sure what we can do  :-\. If they do have a rifle, then our sniper rifle should help take them down. If my theory is right and they have camo, we might want to try flamethrowers or the incendiary rocket RAM designed earlier. ((If nobody has objections, I kinda wanna send our spy to find out if they do. Maybe that is why our rifle question failed?). We could make a one-upmanship cammo and give them a taste of their own medicine, which would work great with a new sniper rifle.

In any case, we really need that revision phase  :-\. If we can make a sniper variant and improve the accuracy/range of our crows, we should be able to push back on all fronts regardless of what we design. Good luck flag-designers! Stirk would help, but he has the artistic ability of a fly.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2016, 10:23:49 pm »

We should put a copy of our Flag onto every Vehicle and Fortified Location, to bolster our morale and annoy our enemies. Here's an idea for a Flag: A bowl of Rice, contained within a Yellow Rising Sun, on a Dark Horizon, with a Blue Sky, and fields of wilting Wheat beneath the Rice-Bowl.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2016, 10:53:35 pm »

We should put a copy of our Flag onto every Vehicle and Fortified Location, to bolster our morale and annoy our enemies. Here's an idea for a Flag: A bowl of Rice, contained within a Yellow Rising Sun, on a Dark Horizon, with a Blue Sky, and fields of wilting Wheat beneath the Rice-Bowl.
I like the idea, but it's too complicated/cluttered for a flag.  A golden dawn-esque flag with the sun as a rice bowl is funny  :P

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2016, 10:54:36 pm »

I like the idea, but it's too complicated/cluttered for a flag.  A golden dawn-esque flag with the sun as a rice bowl is funny  :P

Plus putting that on everything is the exact opposite of camouflage :0.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12