Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Declare your allegiance!

Empire of Chang Shing's rice is the best!
- 8 (38.1%)
Manonera Republic's wheat is better!
- 6 (28.6%)
Oats!
- 3 (14.3%)
Sorry, I eat cornbread.
- 3 (14.3%)
How about another pint of Beer made from Barley malt?
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1912  (Read 5941 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1912
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »

I assume that potatoes are already a nuclear super-power in this world...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

Nonsense! Everyone knows that the Tomatoes are the only ones to have nukes!
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2016, 03:04:02 pm »

Spoiler: A flag, a flag. (click to show/hide)
The surrounding green represents our lush, fertile lands. The swords are our honorable military, fighting hard to protect us, our lands, and our wheaty way of life. Central to everything we hold dear is wheat, which grows in endless golden fields.

(We had some trouble getting golden dyes.)

That would be Irish, right? .. A grim thought indeed, the Irish as the world's sole nuclear power.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2016, 01:01:41 pm »

Bump?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2016, 01:24:06 pm »

Not really the place to bump, as the idea was that everything is in the individual threads. Which is the main issue for lurkers who may want to join, its know what is going on and become interested in joining or actually being able to join without fear of bringing unfair advantage.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2016, 11:46:57 am »

The Republic need a few fresh blood.

Yea too much HoI4 and WoT these days. Need to get back to this...

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2016, 08:51:01 pm »

Imma join?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2016, 08:53:30 pm »

Just choose a side.

He said the Republic needs more guys ^.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1913
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2016, 08:54:03 pm »

Turns are posted.

As of the flag competition, may I quote:

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Nobody mention that they're using European heraldry to represent their China-themed nation, or that their flag doesn't look much like it represents them.

I'm sorry Empire, but I share a similar sentiment with Nirur. That's why I call for explanations, and Empire can't even give me any reason to reconsider my position. Manonera Republic gains the revise credit.

New Rules:

- Gunpowder and propellant are no longer free. You may notice that some weapons now uses oil, even though the closest thing to oil in gunpowder is glycerin. Oil stands for chemicals in this game, and the production of nitrated compounds should be energy intensive, too.
- To discourage people from making bleeding edge designs, big rolls for these weapons will turn them into wunderwaffe - awesome but impractical. For example:
You design a BAR in the year 1913. You roll something like 6 out of 6. The end result will properly be an inch-caliber machine gun - not autocannon, which proves deadly to men and materiel alike, but is impossible to keep in alignment for any amount of time, and it will break bones if fired while being carried.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1913
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2016, 09:18:37 pm »

Turns are posted.

As of the flag competition, may I quote:

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Nobody mention that they're using European heraldry to represent their China-themed nation, or that their flag doesn't look much like it represents them.

I'm sorry Empire, but I share a similar sentiment with Nirur. That's why I call for explanations, and Empire can't even give me any reason to reconsider my position. Manonera Republic gains the revise credit.

New Rules:

- Gunpowder and propellant are no longer free. You may notice that some weapons now uses oil, even though the closest thing to oil in gunpowder is glycerin. Oil stands for chemicals in this game, and the production of nitrated compounds should be energy intensive, too.
- To discourage people from making bleeding edge designs, big rolls for these weapons will turn them into wunderwaffe - awesome but impractical. For example:
You design a BAR in the year 1913. You roll something like 6 out of 6. The end result will properly be an inch-caliber machine gun - not autocannon, which proves deadly to men and materiel alike, but is impossible to keep in alignment for any amount of time, and it will break bones if fired while being carried.

I didn't know we where allowed to badmouth each other's flag :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2016, 09:52:21 pm »

Well, Sulfuric acid is used to do a great many things with metals(along with paint, enamels, plastics, lubricants, nylon and explosives), and the main source of sulfur is oil processing. In addition, a number of smokeless propellants (chief among them Cordite) utilize petroleum jelly.
Highly Opinionated Fool

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2016, 09:16:55 pm »

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2016, 09:28:25 pm »

Question, why use the BAR as an example of near useless wunderwaffle when there where BAR like things for years before? By which I mean light, single man automatic weapons in rifle caliber.
 It would be better to use something like the Mondragon rifle as an example, bleeding edge and with many, many issues that while acceptable in the hands of civilians meant it wasent all that good in the hands of a military, and took about... what, 33 years until most of them where understood enough for the M1 Garand to be so good at what it did. Or, even while sticking with the providence of automatic rifles, the Cei-Rigotti, developed in 1900 and with somany issues that no military ever used it, or the Fedorov Avtomat, which had many of the same problems as the Cei-Rigotti.
Highly Opinionated Fool

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2016, 05:38:17 am »

Question, why use the BAR as an example of near useless wunderwaffle when there where BAR like things for years before? By which I mean light, single man automatic weapons in rifle caliber.
 It would be better to use something like the Mondragon rifle as an example, bleeding edge and with many, many issues that while acceptable in the hands of civilians meant it wasent all that good in the hands of a military, and took about... what, 33 years until most of them where understood enough for the M1 Garand to be so good at what it did. Or, even while sticking with the providence of automatic rifles, the Cei-Rigotti, developed in 1900 and with somany issues that no military ever used it, or the Fedorov Avtomat, which had many of the same problems as the Cei-Rigotti.
Whatever. I mean, the uber-sized machine gun was just an example of what kind of wunderwaffe you will expect. This is to deter people from pushing at the edge of current technology, but at the same time allows some kind of risk-taking, instead of the obligatory failures.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5