Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Declare your allegiance!

Empire of Chang Shing's rice is the best!
- 8 (38.1%)
Manonera Republic's wheat is better!
- 6 (28.6%)
Oats!
- 3 (14.3%)
Sorry, I eat cornbread.
- 3 (14.3%)
How about another pint of Beer made from Barley malt?
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1912  (Read 5940 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1911
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

The Republic has better cookies and pastries. If the Empire has their way, nobody will ever have another proper cake.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »

Fool, we have rice treats of superior quality to your desserts! Rice, marshmallow, and chocolate formed into squares is a national treat. Caramel and other such sweeteners may be added as necessary.  Plus, it is well known that rice goes better with meat than bread! Look how it is eaten! Wheat is a sideshow, placed away from the meat and main course as not to taint it. Rice, on the other hand, is mixed in with the meat, creating a chorus of food as they work together to create a perfect dish. What of sandwiches you ask? The bread is only used to protect the insides, which people really want to eat. And noodles? An exception to the usual rule.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 06:27:21 pm »

Fool, we have rice treats of superior quality to your desserts! Rice, marshmallow, and chocolate formed into squares is a national treat. Caramel and other such sweeteners may be added as necessary.  Plus, it is well known that rice goes better with meat than bread! Look how it is eaten! Wheat is a sideshow, placed away from the meat and main course as not to taint it. Rice, on the other hand, is mixed in with the meat, creating a chorus of food as they work together to create a perfect dish. What of sandwiches you ask? The bread is only used to protect the insides, which people really want to eat. And noodles? An exception to the usual rule.

I'm sold. HAIL TEH EMPRAH!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:00 am »

redact.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 04:13:00 pm »

Your puny grain-based alcohols are no match for our noble rice-based alcohols!
Our rice products are pure and honest. We do not permeate ourselves with an endless torrent of yeast-infections! But you, filthy vermin that you are, pride yourselves upon it!

Does anyone else see the thread title and imagine upside-down blind people running on their hands?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1912
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »

Reports in respective thread.

You need a flag!

In this age of nationalism, its only proper that your nation needs a flag to be immediately recognizable in the larger world. Post your idea in the main thread. The best design gains a revision credit. You should choose and cull your design among yourselves if needed.

Minor rule revision:

Its understood that not everyone need a scoped rifle, or an HMG. Even if they are expensive, they should be able to provide for the needs of the whole army, as they are never needed in large amounts.

In future rounds, such support weapons will be treated as one step less expensive in game terms. Meaning if you design an expensive sniper rifle, they should be enough to cover the needs of the army.

Use your judgment to decide what weapons will be treated as support. As a consequence, I may declare some weapons expensive or expressly support weapons only. Discuss this change in the main thread, and protest changes to your weapons in your respective threads. I'm still mulling over what exactly I'm going to change.

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2016, 06:50:27 pm »

Does anyone else see the thread title and imagine upside-down blind people running on their hands?
...sometimes.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »

PTW

I'm basically watching both threads and eating popcorn while both sides try to figure out what the other side is doing.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2016, 09:15:50 pm »

PTW

I'm basically watching both threads and eating popcorn while both sides try to figure out what the other side is doing.

So the food of choice for spectators is corn. Makes sense, they have ears after all.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2016, 09:18:19 pm »

Spoiler: A flag, a flag. (click to show/hide)

Corn isn't even worth a verbal spar. Please, leave us :v

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 02:58:38 am »

I... I didn't expect that we would ever agree to anythingbut... well... Death to the corn-lovers!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 03:26:56 am »

Cornbread is superior to wheat bread and rice bread anyway.  ;D
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2016, 03:52:37 am »

Oats!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2016, 09:40:50 am »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:42 am »

A minor request: Can both sides elaborate a bit on their flag? Like what represents what or so.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5