Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Declare your allegiance!

Empire of Chang Shing's rice is the best!
- 8 (38.1%)
Manonera Republic's wheat is better!
- 6 (28.6%)
Oats!
- 3 (14.3%)
Sorry, I eat cornbread.
- 3 (14.3%)
How about another pint of Beer made from Barley malt?
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1912  (Read 6201 times)

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1910
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 10:05:16 pm »

I shall join!!! Someone assign me a side.
Empire is currently one man down.
I shall join empire. Die rebel scum!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 12:57:56 am »

May want to have the starting resourses flipped slightly, to lessen steamrolling.
I think 2+2 is the optimal arrangement for now.
Also, for naval stuff, can the navy capture stuff one one side (say, MANO has dominance of the seas in their entirerty and starts landing in CHSH's starting resource territories) or the armies cut off the other sides ports?(so say CHSH captures MANO's outlying stuff, cutting off their navy)
You must do island hopping one by one. Naval supremacy helps you bring more troops onto islands, but that's it.
The corner islands, and by extension the sea, is always accessible from the capital. Ships are not limited by range unless you make dedicated PT boats.
 Or do the starting resourse bits even have ports?
Finally (for map stuff), can people advance from the center sectors directly to the enemy's capital?
No.
Oh, and I see you are giving people in 1910 stuff from 1830. Joy. Also, sloops with only a single gun? And those the warships? What? Hell, even merchantman carried something like four guns minimum, and war sloops typically had something like 18 guns at the turn of the 19th century.
When I'm talking about a sloop, I mean the sloop in its original meaning of a single-masted vessel. The Junk is considerably larger than the sloop.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 11:40:04 am »

May want to have the starting resourses flipped slightly, to lessen steamrolling.
I meant change the side one sides oil was on, to hemp prevent steamrolling.
Also, for naval stuff, can the navy capture stuff one one side (say, MANO has dominance of the seas in their entirerty and starts landing in CHSH's starting resource territories) or the armies cut off the other sides ports?(so say CHSH captures MANO's outlying stuff, cutting off their navy)
You must do island hopping one by one. Naval supremacy helps you bring more troops onto islands, but that's it.
The corner islands, and by extension the sea, is always accessible from the capital. Ships are not limited by range unless you make dedicated PT boats.
And after all the islands on one side are captured (Which is what I was asking about in the first place?)
When I'm talking about a sloop, I mean the sloop in its original meaning of a single-masted vessel.
So am I.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 01:18:25 pm »

I meant change the side one sides oil was on, to hemp prevent steamrolling.
And after all the islands on one side are captured (Which is what I was asking about in the first place?)
When I'm talking about a sloop, I mean the sloop in its original meaning of a single-masted vessel.
So am I.
1. If you are talking about swapping the corner resources, then I Will think about it.
2. You can still land from the outside hills/forest, unless you convinced me that you have the capability to force a landing directly at the capital.
3. A 18-gun sloop-of-war, which should have at least 2 or 3 masts, is a sloop in name only. Armed merchantmen can have guns, but we are talking about something more similar to today's racing yachts. The Junk will be closer to a merchantman, but they don't have cannon-bore weapons in the very first place.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 01:23:45 pm »

RETCONNING TIME.

Due to an oversight please understand the lay of the land as following:

The left corner islands (both sides) will provide Oil and are small desert islands.
The left middle island is a mountain of Metal.
The right corner islands (both sides) are actually desert islands with a city packed on it (Think Male or Gunkanjima), bringing out Metal from under the sea every minute.
The right middle island is a mountain of oil.

This Retcon takes effect immediately

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 01:28:44 pm »

1. I was talking about the sections flanking each sides capital
3. There where single-mast sloops with large numbers of cannon, yes, but now I see you are thinking more of cutters. Which, again, had 14 gun examples(on the large end, and armed with carronades, but the point remains).
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2016, 01:47:16 pm »

Reading half a conversation is confusing. Cutters usually had between six and ten guns, but seeing as how our side hasn't invented cannons yet that would give you an absurd amount of naval superiority. Seeing as we are a hundred years behind the developed world, we are probably just too poor for more :P.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 07:26:14 pm »

1. I was talking about the sections flanking each sides capital
3. There where single-mast sloops with large numbers of cannon, yes, but now I see you are thinking more of cutters. Which, again, had 14 gun examples(on the large end, and armed with carronades, but the point remains).
RE-RETCONNING TIME.

Middle Swamp got oil. Middle Plains got metal.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 07:38:12 pm »

PTW
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race Main Thread - 1911
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 12:28:37 pm »

New turn has come.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35:03 am »

Post in the Empire of Chang Shing or the Manonera Republic Thread.

Currently Empire seems to be a man down.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:36:35 am by evilcherry »

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 12:40:55 am »

Joining for the Emperor!
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:28 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158853

Empire thread. We need more for the empire to break ties.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2016, 03:09:46 pm »

Death to the enemies of the Republic!
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2016, 05:01:27 pm »

Noooo! It is us, the Empire, who needs more players! The wheat munching Republic is overpopulated.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5