Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]  (Read 16584 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2016, 11:32:01 am »

You know, me and gig wrote this huge thing over PM's about how our characters met, and never posted it. :P

Behold! Words!

Spoiler: The Cycle (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:55:30 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2016, 11:58:56 am »

All true friendships begin with attempted murder. I hope you make your claim as Queen of Sol public soon, before someone else does. I'm sure Enceladus just can't wait to bow down to the wretched Blood Caste Punitive they sent out on a wild goose chase.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2016, 06:06:16 pm »

I also should have been more careful about asking to become Queen of Sol and blowing up Earth, but I'm just greedy...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 01, 2016, 05:21:14 am »

There's a passing mention of Zahir having something in his ear to translate the mongrel tongues of these freaks, which likely doubles as a headset kind of deal - but I wouldn't be surprised if he'd taken it off on account of being a grumpy racist old man who doesn't understand this new-fangled technology.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 01, 2016, 02:01:22 pm »

Would it be safe to assume that Dogbite would have an old cheap earpiece or the like, equivalent of a bluetooth headset?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 01, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »

Would it be safe to assume that Dogbite would have an old cheap earpiece or the like, equivalent of a bluetooth headset?

Yeah. It'd be safe to assume Dogbite might even have a fancier one.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 01, 2016, 04:16:59 pm »

Okay, thanks for the reminder DH. Editing my last post now.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2016, 06:59:42 am »

Are Zahir and Dogbite decided on the approach they'll take? I'm fine with leaving you chatting for as long as you like, just making sure.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2016, 06:23:35 pm »

MAybe a little late, but I think we are. :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 03, 2016, 11:53:58 am »

Never too late for a bump :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 04, 2016, 01:10:18 pm »

Your clearly unwavering faith in me is appreciated, but I don't know how much time I can find for this between work, study and general rough Life Shit.

...but what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I'm powerless against surprise IC bumps.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 04, 2016, 11:17:37 pm »

someday i'll get to play as a gun

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 04, 2016, 11:27:36 pm »

someday i'll get to play as a gun
Hah :P Someday. But I forgot to check the IC and I like the way things are going! \o/ You go, protagonists!
Someday I'll probably get in. Hopefully the playerbase expands!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2016, 06:32:35 am »

Actually, Tiruin, could you clarify a few things before I work you in? It's these bits I'm having some trouble with:

her augmentations consist of a bio-mechanical or psychological background, having the distinct characteristic of non-reliance on machinery

<<< Also aiming for more 'technology/external augmentation//innate augmentation/mental training rather than bio/mechanical implants]

The first bit says your augments consist of a bio-mechanical 'background', but the second says you'd rather have the other stuff 'rather than bio/mechanical implants'. I don't really understand what you mean by 'technology/external augmentation/innate augmentation/mental training' - do you mean that your augments should be innate genetic changes and improvements (which works fine)? What do you mean by 'external augmentation', precisely?

The idea I'm getting is that your augmentations would be biological changes and mental conditioning rather than purely mechanical upgrades or replacements - is that right?

Also, an Operative-Thinker would probably fit you better than Hardened, given your focus on study, research and knowledge in your background. You could still get some Hardened augs to help you survive.

It's a very fine app, but it'd help me if you expanded on these things.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:34:57 am by Digital Hellhound »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2016, 08:50:41 am »

Sry for not giving an action for so long, but me and gig are literally in a dead end until we meet this information broker. I originally assumed our turn was just putting us in a holding pattern until 'something happened'.

Maybe you should Pm the other players if things are still on?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15