Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: For the Sake of Discovery-Started-OOC [6/10]  (Read 3830 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
For the Sake of Discovery-Started-OOC [6/10]
« on: June 18, 2016, 01:05:28 am »

Far off in the future, humanity has expanded beyond the Sol system. Alien life forms were encountered, sentient AI were built, and despite the occasional crazy, things are looking good for humanity. Equality reigns supreme, and so many planets have been colonised, using terraforming, that each 'country' (Earth has been left far behind) has a few to their name. However, the political giants: "The Chancellors", are still hungry for more. This is where you come in.

You have been selected as a group of explorers, to seek out and charter new planets, and discover what lies on them. If they are suitable to live on, you earn a healthy profit, but otherwise, you must terraform them, or convince the locals to leave, any means necessary. That is if you want to get paid. You can do as you wish if you do not want to get paid. Otherwise, there is plenty out there, for those who are willing to find it. Searching the stars has only rewarded humanity so far, so it can't be that bad, can it?

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: System (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Info on Species (click to show/hide)

OK YOU CAN POST NOW

Here is a discord chat, for those of you who want to chat about this.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:16:58 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Factions:

The Chancellors [Human]:
No recruits so far.

The Warmongers [Ksura]:
No recruits so far.

The Church of Iereis [Sertani]:
No recruits so far.

The Adventurer's Republic [Yrasil]:
No recruits so far.

((Added faction slot to sheet.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:12:46 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Spoiler: Space Mech Okuu (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:36:55 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

I assume its not possible to use any other race then.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could suggest an idea, but whether or not I'll allow it depends.

And you can be any of the species under "Info on Species", the Faction is just who's side you're on.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

PTW
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile

Name:Kir Mitokar
Sex:Female
Species:Kitsunarian

Stats: (Each stat starts with a base of 0, and each point added, adds to the roll score and how many points are needed to gain another additional bonus. (E.g. Strength:0 = No bonus, Strength:-1 = -1, Strength:-2 = -1, Strength:-3 = -2, Strength:1 = +1, Strength:2 = +1, Strength:3 = +2, and so on.) The bonuses are more for me to figure out, so putting them on the sheet is helpful, but not necessary.)

Strength:-1 (How strong you are, and your physical exertion capacity)

Intelligence:3 (How smart you are, and how far your mind can be pushed)

Agility:2 (How fast you are, and your capacity to run)

Dexterity:2(How coordinated you are, and your accuracy with both melee and ranged weapons)

Wisdom:3 (How much you know about the world, and your ability to reason with people)

Perception:1 (How good you are at seeing past the surface, and your ability to search)

Charisma:0 (How convincing you are, and your ability to speak to people)

Personal Information: Kir was born on Gensoria 97 years ago, she was always interested in understanding the many secrets the Quintet made in this universe and was always reading about all secrets that the servants of Kono had made as well as trying out the results. When she was of age she quickly applied to become a servant of Kono, after a few minor discovery's and twenty seven years opportunity was opened to join Mikar Vil a High Priest of Kono, though many decided not to take the opportunity as they didn't want to leave home however Kir was one of the very few who left home to go into the stars in the name of unlocking the Quintet's secrets. During her time with Mikar she worked mainly in operating the scanners and standing by to give any needed chemicals and tools during any experiments. After ten years the Servants of Kono who showed strong promise where brought to Vika where they went through the initiation to become Priests of Kono, after which she stayed with Mikar for thirty more years before being reassigned here.
Profession: Past Servant of Kono (Lab assistant) Present Priest of Kono (Scientist)
Equipment: (This will be decided based on backstory and profession.)
Skills: (See Equipment.)

Faction: Kitsunarian Star Confederacy.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note to others: if you want to use a custom species like piratejoe, PM me with details first, and I'll check if they're ok. They won't become canon unless person with that species enters the game.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi Question for the GM.

Generally, I want my character to provide mostly engineering / task assistance to help everybody in the game and make it easier. X4 is happy with that. Some questions:

A.) X4 is an engineer. What equipment and skills would it be designed to use to fill tasks. Ship systems engineering? computer science/hacking? Construction/tool/task? Are we going to be mining for minerals, building settlements, or manufacturing? (because I imagine X4 might have program skills for that). Also I guess some light exploration through its scanners etc. How can X4 be of most engineering help?
B.) Surviving? Fearful of designing a combat AI, X4's creators didn't. Maybe his tools could be weapons, but mostly not. Self repair? Hiding? Providing combat bonuses to others? Just wondering how the bot would deal with combat.
C.) Abilities. I know modules are found, but it goes to equipment kinda. Do robots use standard equipment and tools or are they built in? I'm just trying to fit in as best can be done. :)

I imagine X4 staying operational during the crew's stasis, maintaining the ship faithfully, helping construct camps / explore and building things / scanning / being a great support character.

Sounds fun.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:00:57 pm by Transcendant »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds good, but for modifications, you'll have opportunities to gain them throughout the game. And there's a lot of modifications, but you have to go to different places to find different ones.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Would a race of raven people be fine?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:57:18 am by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 06:07:13 pm by Transcendant »
Pages: [1] 2 3