Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)  (Read 11817 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP attempt...
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2016, 04:44:53 pm »

Here's my sheet. Figured I'd rather post it here than edit it into my earlier comment.

Name: Michael Goodman
Appearance: A young man of about 20, with mildly tanned skin. His black hair is short and straight, and his eyes are a dull blue. He usually wears a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and a brown jacket with a motorcycle on the back.
Ka Monster: Perfect Machine King
Semi-Random Description Given by GM:
Primary Archetype: Machina
Secondary Archetype 1: VWXYZ
Secondary Archetype 2: Gadget
Decks:
Spoiler: Main (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Extra (click to show/hide)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the sheet, so inform me if there is, in fact, something wrong with it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:43:31 am by darkpaladin109 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2016, 05:54:56 pm »

Here's my sheet. Figured I'd rather post it here than edit it into my earlier comment.

Name: Michael Goodman
Appearance: A young man of about 20, with mildly tanned skin. His black hair is short and straight, and his eyes are a dull blue. He usually wears a pair of jeans, a white t-shirt, and a brown jacket with a motorcycle on the back.
Ka Monster: Perfect Machine King
Semi-Random Description Given by GM:
Primary Archetype: Machina
Secondary Archetype 1: XYZ
Secondary Archetype 2: Gadget
Decks:
Spoiler: Main (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Extra (click to show/hide)

I don't think there's anything wrong with the sheet, so inform me if there is, in fact, something wrong with it.

Only request is you put 'WV' in front of the XYZ, just to make it easier to tell at a glance you are referring to the archetype around the XYZ monsters and not the XYZ monsters.

Short blurb will be up in a bit, but I got your Ka's ability ready:
Once per duel, until end of turn, target machine-type monster gains 2000 attack.

Edit: Decided against a copy-paste, as I'm trying to get them into a 'turn the tide' area, and I'm pretty sure in that situation, you would be low on monsters.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:05:53 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2016, 06:45:46 am »

Only request is you put 'WV' in front of the XYZ, just to make it easier to tell at a glance you are referring to the archetype around the XYZ monsters and not the XYZ monsters.
Fixed.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:52:40 am by darkpaladin109 »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2016, 10:34:31 am »

Thank you Zan, that should be cool to play.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 10:22:12 pm »

Quote from: DarkPaladin109

Random Description: A nineteen year old individual going to college to get a degree in mechanical engineering.  He is roommates with Dairus, though he had left home out of a desire to prove himself rather than a result of any strained relations with his quite large family.  As a small side project, he maintains a small online forum for discussion upon when different pieces of science fiction technology will be invented, as well as a site that archives how far off different predictions were.

DarkPaladin, Juicebox, as your sheets are the first that are fully completed without issues (now that I've given DarkPaladin his backstory), could you two run up a test of the system we're using for the duels (recording of duel uploaded, rp based off of it)?  While the test will be used as the first duel of the RP, don't use Ka monsters this time around, so it is easier to identify any problems this method has.  Whenever it is uploaded, just post a link here, and I'll put up the IC thread for you to post the RP occurring during the duel.

Kansa, I note the one issue I had with your deck is still there (Commentary linked here).  Did you wind up missing the post I have linked by accident, or are you currently working on how you'll adjust the deck?

Culise and Beirus, how's the progress on your character sheets coming along?
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 10:31:51 pm »

I apologize, but it's really not.  I wouldn't recommend waiting on me at this point.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

I apologize, but it's really not.  I wouldn't recommend waiting on me at this point.

Just wanted to know.  As I said in the OP, the game is going off the ground as soon as I get two completed sheets, and the rest will file in as things go on.  Got any idea on a time frame of how long it would take to complete?  I have two ideas for the initial setup, and the difference between the paths taken is whether or not a fourth sheet is completed at most roughly a week after the IC actually goes up.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2016, 11:04:05 pm »

No, sorry.  To be honest, I think I'm completely stuck, so I don't even know if I'll submit a completed sheet.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2016, 11:13:02 pm »

No, sorry.  To be honest, I think I'm completely stuck, so I don't even know if I'll submit a completed sheet.

How is it you are stuck, out of curiousity?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 11:37:30 pm »

Okay, I'll probably be available most of tomorrow, and sunday evening.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 11:40:22 pm »

I'm more or less stumped. All the ideas I would have gone with are all more or less one archetype. Dark World, Six Samurai, Monarchs, etcetera. I'm trying to think up decks with a few archetypes to mix with good synergy, but that means I'm digging through every archetype on the Wiki that interests me and making lists.

Edit: I kind of want to just run a core Dark World archetype deck and use the other two archetype slots for spells and traps that let me search out my few monsters and discard. Or maybe I can go with a deck built around Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder as my Ka monster.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:42:52 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 12:11:20 am »

Or maybe I can go with a deck built around Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder as my Ka monster.

Considering that is a Sacred Beast, I'm shooting that down now.

As for your archetype troubles, maybe go the route of using a type of monster (ex. Warrior, Fiend) and have your three archetypes be ones that support the monster type or aid you in getting out support?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2016, 04:44:11 am »

Kansa, I note the one issue I had with your deck is still there (Commentary linked here).  Did you wind up missing the post I have linked by accident, or are you currently working on how you'll adjust the deck?

Sorry I think I missed it, I'll have the changes up soon.

Edit: I made the changes
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:22:31 am by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2016, 07:03:55 am »

I'm available for most of the weekend, so I can do the match more or less anytime today.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2016, 12:17:46 pm »

What's your DN name? Mine is kajish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9