Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)  (Read 11801 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Oh god, not another Yugioh RP... (OOC)
« on: June 17, 2016, 03:22:11 pm »

IC

Spoiler: Old Opening (click to show/hide)

How Duels are Going to Work
Spoiler: Obsolete (click to show/hide)

Duels will be entirely based upon the forum and draws will generally be resulting from a random generator giving players the cards.  However, in order to prevent this from entirely screwing people over, there is one additional way of drawing that will be added.  Namely, people are able to select the exact card they need if they get a 'destiny draw'.

The method by which the destiny draw is gained is through a simple point exchange.  Five points are required to be exchanged for a destiny draw.  Each loss of 1000 life points gains 1 point.  Each enemy play in excess of five cards grants you 1 point.  Each enemy combo in excess of seven cards grants you 2 points.  This applies to both sides of a duel.

When there are duels between multiple people, the hands will be PM'd to the players rather than posted in the thread.

Spoiler: Filling out the Sheet (click to show/hide)

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Ka Monster:[/b]
[b]Semi-Random Description Given by GM:[/b]
[b]Primary Archetype:[/b]
[b]Secondary Archetype 1:[/b]
[b]Secondary Archetype 2:[/b]
[b]Decks:[/b]
[spoiler=Main]
[u]Monster[/u]

[u]Spell[/u]

[u]Trap[/u]

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Extra]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Side (If you want this)]
[/spoiler]

Questions?  Complaints?  I forget something?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:17:55 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Yugioh RP attempt...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 06:22:17 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 10:12:45 pm »

PTW

Now it's just a matter of seeing whether anyone is going to show up.

As a note for those wondering what is going on with Dueling Network, they wound up getting a Cease and Desist that prevents them from hosting card art on their site.  That is why the cards are blacked out.

Edit2: The link I posted was a tad strange on the legality.  It appears the link to the card server extension is legal to spread if you aren't the server owner, but it's in enough of a gray area that I'm removing it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:51:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:47:34 am »

I'm gonna post to watch for now.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Oh god, not another Yugioh RP attempt...
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 03:58:14 pm »

I'm gonna post to watch for now.

Hopefully there will be something for you to watch, eventually.  Granted, it has only been a day and the sign-up does require a bit of time...

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 05:06:34 pm »

I will do this because I still want one of these to work.

I can also help if anyone needs suggestions on stuff to play, based off of playstyle, personality etc.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:10:18 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 05:36:31 pm »

I will do this because I still want one of these to work.

Seems to generally come down to A) minimum sheets not attained (should be solved by having the minimum as 2), B) no planned plot, as the GM would want to structure it around the information the players provide to at very least a minor degree, making it have to wait for the player sheets to come in (should be solved by the slot in method I'm trying (in fact, due to having stuff I can fully count on being there, got a small chunk of the first arc ready to go.  Was just waiting in paranoia for interest to crop up fully before continuing)), or C) running the duels (Play by post is slow, and relies on the GM's presence to run it (can be ruined by GM wanting to win rather than provide an experience/accidentally screw things up), unless players decide the cards they draw (could lead to them unconsciously selecting the best card, and generally reducing tension), or a tool like Dueling Network, DevPro, or that third tool I forget the name of (skips roleplay, unless recorded and replayed in the thread (which is what I'll try to do here)).

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 06:33:20 pm »

Hm, I suppose I'll give this a shot. Gonna edit the sheet into this post later. I've got one question though: Can we only use one archteype?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 04:38:46 pm by darkpaladin109 »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 06:59:27 pm »

Hm, I suppose I'll give this a shot. Gonna edit the sheet into this post later. I've got one question though: Can we only use one archteype?

Only three may use more than three cards (2 with a maximum of 7 (the two secondary), and 1 with a maximum of 10 (the primary)).  Was thinking of limiting the amount of duplicates you could have as well, but I couldn't word it right and removed it.  Do keep in mind the current banlist, though, as well as if something was labelled as 'unique' in the anime canon.  For the former, while Pendulum, Synchro, and XYZ are not available for the initial decks, cards on it likely have synergy with other cards that don't fall in those categories.  For the latter, the game is taking place in that universe.  Still undecided of whether it should be before or after Battle City, so duel disks are introduced in the middle of the game as well (maybe have it done on the IRL date of the 20th anniversary of the Yugioh Manga?).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 10:27:04 pm »

GM-assigned semi-random character traits and children's card games?  Given the whole reason I was interested in games like Maid RPG was randomly-rolled characters, color me curious enough to sign on.  I'll see what kind of deck I can throw together.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 02:16:31 am »

I may see if I can throw something together. The archetype limit may make it a bit tricky to make a Dark World deck, but I might go with Six Samurai or Elemental Monarchs instead.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2016, 02:02:04 pm »

Quick question, what exactly is the Ka monster. Is it one that already exists or is it a custom card? Can it be from one of the archetypes you've been chosen?
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 02:59:07 pm »

Quick question, what exactly is the Ka monster. Is it one that already exists or is it a custom card? Can it be from one of the archetypes you've been chosen?

It can be any effect monster in the game.  From the effect it has, I'll interpret a reasonable once-per-duel effect that it will provide for your use.  The archetype limit does not apply to the Ka monster.  I would prefer it isn't a card already in your deck, though.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 03:08:14 pm »

Truly? That seems a bit odd, because it seems that most ka/mascot mons (Dark Magician, E-Hero Neos, the Signer Dragons) were not only in the wielder's deck, but were also typically not just one ace card out of several, but also the core around which the entire archetype pivoted.  I'll go back and rethink my deck ideas, though.  Still not sure if I want to go with my traditional Frognarch, Ritual Beats, Lightsworn, Fortune Lady...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »

Truly? That seems a bit odd, because it seems that most ka/mascot mons (Dark Magician, E-Hero Neos, the Signer Dragons) were not only in the wielder's deck, but were also typically not just one ace card out of several, but also the core around which the entire archetype pivoted.  I'll go back and rethink my deck ideas, though.  Still not sure if I want to go with my traditional Frognarch, Ritual Beats, Lightsworn, Fortune Lady...

That is true, but the way I'm having the Ka monster work (pretty much an untargetable field spell with a one-off effect that starts on the field) in this means that a support monster of some kind would be more effective than a central monster.  Anyway, you don't have to leave it out, I've just got the easiest trigger to kickstart a small portion of the plot by one particular character trying to get ahold of theirs.  In addition, having a regular copy of the Ka monster in your deck could lead to some confusion over which effect (the regular or the Ka's) you are triggering, and as it would be awhile before your characters learn what the word Ka is, much less what it means...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9