Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Modern Magic Episode 0: Pilot (0/5)  (Read 6166 times)

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] Modern Powers (0/5)
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 01:10:39 am »

Well how many people can you handle first?

Not sure, this is my first. Hopefully, I can control it.

In light of the current situation, I've removed the necessity of a Discord account. However, it is still highly recommended, just not needed to sign up. The idea behind the Discord server, like I've mentioned previously, was to allow a place where players can communicate with me. They could ask their questions and have a live answer. I guess, since it's not the norm here, no one really liked the idea. I'm still keeping it up as I believe hope players will begin to use it as time passes.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2016, 03:50:14 am »

Posting with interest. Will submit an application later today/tomorrow.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2016, 08:08:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I Dunno what a bowgun is, but I have heard of pistol crossbows. is that what you are thinking of?)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2016, 12:15:49 pm »

(I Dunno what a bowgun is, but I have heard of pistol crossbows. is that what you are thinking of?)

Oh, my apologies. Yes, that's what I meant.

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »

I've created a compendium to store the information for the RTD, do check it out as it may give a little information on what the RTD will consist of.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2016, 03:53:23 pm »

Can you adapt the classes? For example you state that a seraph's mana is life, can you develop a technique where you literally suck the life out of someone?

And 5 players is a good amount, depending on how advanced your rtd is going to be. Obviously more people means more writing, so I cannot know how much time you have. I run mine with 5, and you can check it out how that goes.
Durrr..

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2016, 04:36:43 pm »

Can you adapt the classes? For example you state that a seraph's mana is life, can you develop a technique where you literally suck the life out of someone?

I'm confused by what you're asking. By "life", I meant their conditions/injuries.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:59 pm »

I'm confused by what you're asking. By "life", I meant their conditions/injuries.

• Seraph: A support-based craft. Their job is provide support when their allies are in danger. No offensive capability. However, they can ultimately heal most injuries. Using no weapons, their hands are their tools. Similar to the Witch class, Seraph's mana reserve is based on their life. Any damage to themselves will weaken their powers.

The underlined text strictly implies one of the following two:
- You use life to cast spells. You say that their mana is based on their life(health), and since mana is meant to be used EG drained, that would mean that it gets depleted. So this would imply for me that, you use health to cast a spell.
- You don't use your health, but getting hit lowers effectiveness of your spells.

So which of these two is it? And to make it more clear. Since I can heal, AKA give health or mend conditions, can I also do the inverse? By draining health and giving conditions?
Durrr..

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »

• Seraph: A support-based craft. Their job is provide support when their allies are in danger. No offensive capability. However, they can ultimately heal most injuries. Using no weapons, their hands are their tools. Similar to the Witch class, Seraph's mana reserve is based on their life. Any damage to themselves will weaken their powers.

The underlined text strictly implies one of the following two:
- You use life to cast spells. You say that their mana is based on their life(health), and since mana is meant to be used EG drained, that would mean that it gets depleted. So this would imply for me that, you use health to cast a spell.
- You don't use your health, but getting hit lowers effectiveness of your spells.

So which of these two is it? And to make it more clear. Since I can heal, AKA give health or mend conditions, can I also do the inverse? By draining health and giving conditions?

Latter; and no, you can not do the inverse of it.

Ethereal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Powers (RPG meets modernization)
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 11:45:00 pm »

• Character Name: Victoria
• Class: Berserker
• Description (include strengths, weaknesses, fears, etc.): Victoria is average in size. Not too small, not too tall. She's a quick thinker, intelligent and quiet. However, the moment she speaks, everyone listens. It's a whole other persona when Victoria opens her mouth. She's witty, she's rude, but everyone tends to love her. She has long black hair that is usually made into a ponytail. Her technical skills are superior to a common person. Throughout High School, she was on the fencing team. Thus, granting her a bit of knowledge on one-handed combat with a sword. She is claustrophobic and afraid to lose a loved one. Her family is quite rich, so she has a nice amount of money.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:10 am »

Oh GM what do you think about my character should I change anything?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 04:04:14 am »

Could I possibly cast any of the following as a seraph, and are these considered to be offensive spells?
- Immobilizing spells
- Barrier spells
- Utility spells ( For example, while I cannot make someone blind by inflicting that condition directly upon him, could I cast a bright flash of light to blind him?)
- Summoning spells? Can I like create servants? Not necessarily ones which have to attack, but ones which can shield me or aid me in healing.
- Silence spells? Spells which prevent or interrupt someone from casting magic.
- Illusion spells
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:38:29 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 11:12:41 am »

Up to you.

Could I possibly cast any of the following as a seraph, and are these considered to be offensive spells?
Seraph's are strictly support-based. They will have no access to any offensive abilities.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 02:36:48 pm »

Up to you.

Seraph's are strictly support-based. They will have no access to any offensive abilities.

That isn't a clear answer.... unless you say that every spell of the ones I wrote is offensive. If so, I want an explanation as to why a barrier or illusion spell is offensive. But if the only thing you can cast are buffs and heals, why would anyone have the incentive to play a mobile health pack?
Durrr..

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 02:50:50 pm »

But if the only thing you can cast are buffs and heals, why would anyone have the incentive to play a mobile health pack?
I've redacted the rest of the comment because we've already discussed it. Why would anyone have the incentive to play a mobile health pack? Well, because Seraphs are the only class capable of healing someone. I mean, I don't think you can talk for everyone when it comes to the decision of a class.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5