Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: InterForum Cult: Absurdist Nomic  (Read 22433 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: InterForum Cult
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2016, 02:20:17 am »

My "No More Nightmares" forum game needs a replacement desperately or it'll die, and it looks like no one is going to go to that effort.

So, I'm turning to you - my fellow cultists - for help. Do any of you want to join my game? It'd be very, very appreciated.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2016, 02:22:27 am »

My "No More Nightmares" forum game needs a replacement desperately or it'll die, and it looks like no one is going to go to that effort.

So, I'm turning to you - my fellow cultists - for help. Do any of you want to join my game? It'd be very, very appreciated.

That's the thing with slime, right? I'll take a look at it when it isn't 3 AM.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2016, 02:49:11 pm »

I'll support all proposals for now and will have to use another word to help clarify things from now on instead of the word that begins with the fifth letter of the alphabet.

Also, should I change the thread title to InterForum Cult: Absurdist Nomic?

That passed in-nomic and seems to be popular regardless, so yeah.

Vote for everything gives prop 5 a majority, doesn't do a whole lot for 6 and 7 unless someone else votes for them.
What was prop 5, 6, 7?
Discord: Liberonscien#0930

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2016, 02:55:38 pm »

Would you be willing to post a link?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: InterForum Cult: Absurdist Nomic
« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2016, 05:24:30 pm »

@Liberoscien  cigregret is derailing the Gaia thread. Let's just ignore him.

On an unrelated topic, have you checked out No More Nightmares?
Money!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2016, 11:18:45 pm »

I'll support all proposals for now and will have to use another word to help clarify things from now on instead of the word that begins with the fifth letter of the alphabet.

Also, should I change the thread title to InterForum Cult: Absurdist Nomic?

That passed in-nomic and seems to be popular regardless, so yeah.

Vote for everything gives prop 5 a majority, doesn't do a whole lot for 6 and 7 unless someone else votes for them.
What was prop 5, 6, 7?

Everything in the nomic is being recorded here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2016, 03:55:51 am »

I'm in, supporting proposal 5.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2016, 09:08:32 am »

@Liberoscien  cigregret is derailing the Gaia thread. Let's just ignore him.

On an unrelated topic, have you checked out No More Nightmares?
I believe that would be wise.
What do you believe we should do to get the members there to join our forum?

I have. It sounds interesting but it isn't for me.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2016, 11:05:42 am »

I'm in, supporting proposal 5.

Hey there! Looks like I missed prop five's passing (and failed to put 7 in at all, to boot), but I'll go ahead and record your vote in the final tally.

On a side note, looks like Gwolfski might time out. Not sure if that'll do much, since there aren't many props right now, but it's something.

--------------

Prop 8: If at least 75% of active players decide to oppose a proposal, it is discarded. This is the sole effect of opposition.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2016, 11:42:59 am »

I support proposal 7 and proposal 8.

Prop 9: If the post which first introduces athe least 1 new proposal is edited, then any proposals introduced in that post are discarded.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:49:47 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Liberonscien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2016, 12:24:37 pm »

I support proposal 7 and proposal 8.

Prop 9: If a player modifies, edits, or changes in any way a post which contains a proposal that has not been passed, then that proposal is discarded.
I support all proposals made as of the time of this post.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2016, 12:33:25 pm »

... Now that I think about, does this post count as containing proposals? If so, adding them to that post would discard them under that rule. So would simply adding a proposal that you don't want passed into a post of your own by editing it. So maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Maybe I'll edit it so that only editing the original post that proposal appears in counts.

Edit: There we go. That edit isn't perfect in that if whispering adds their own proposals to that post they'll be discarded, but it should suffice for now.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 12:37:39 pm by Person »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2016, 12:39:29 pm »

What?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2016, 12:58:50 pm »

What?

What are you confused about?

... Now that I think about, does this post count as containing proposals? If so, adding them to that post would discard them under that rule. So would simply adding a proposal that you don't want passed into a post of your own by editing it. So maybe that wasn't such a good idea. Maybe I'll edit it so that only editing the original post that proposal appears in counts.

Edit: There we go. That edit isn't perfect in that if whispering adds their own proposals to that post they'll be discarded, but it should suffice for now.

Would "if the post which first introduces a new proposal is edited, the proposal is discarded" be better in terms of wording? Sounds like that was the intent behind it, anyway.

On a side note, I always post about proposals I make before adding them to the proposal section, if that helps at all. Or you could add an exception for that post or something, that might work, too.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18