Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102831 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2016, 12:20:07 pm »

I'm not sure whether or not I should apologize for this derailing.
Regardless, we should probably get, uh, back on track.

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 26, 2016, 01:07:03 pm »

I wonder if they'll have the train as a fast-travel option.

It would certainly make a good self-aware jab, since the train was sort of the exact opposite of fast-travel in Spirit Tracks.
Nothing important here, move along.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 26, 2016, 01:22:49 pm »

but it was still damn good
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2016, 02:35:43 pm »

Train had better music than boat, at least.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

Black lives matter.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2016, 03:48:12 pm »

Given what I've read from people who've played this thing at events and the like, it suffers from frame drops on the Wii U. Probably won't be a factor with the Switch (except possibly when in portable mode).
Ive heard both stuttering and nil.

In portable mode it will cut minor things, like draw distance, lighting, loading etc
This is obvious. I have a feeling we wont notice much graphical change.
Eh, given its artstyle it's probably pretty resistant to noticeable graphical change (unless you look REALLY hard or have side-by-side comparisons).

Given that the build people played at events was an in-dev version, I wouldn't be surprised if the final Wii U version had no stuttering because Nintendo are usually pretty good at optimization like that. Usually.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 26, 2016, 04:57:53 pm »

I wonder if they'll have the train as a fast-travel option.

It would certainly make a good self-aware jab, since the train was sort of the exact opposite of fast-travel in Spirit Tracks.
Given the apparent run-down setting and the focus on nature I doubt there'll be anything like that. I suspect that once again horses will be the way to travel. I would like to see some kind of loftwing-like, since those looked pretty fun even if they were a missed opportunity and fairly limited. Then there's teleportation.

Which makes me wonder... I'm assuming this game will feature an instrument of some sort, what do you guys think it will be? I'm hoping the Sheikah Slate expands and turns into a keytar, hehehe.

Eh, given its artstyle it's probably pretty resistant to noticeable graphical change (unless you look REALLY hard or have side-by-side comparisons).
Yeah, you would probably notice things such as grass and foliage density, maybe particle effect. Nothing that looks too "different", just "sparse".

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »

It's totally going to be maracas. If you're playing on the Switch, they'll require you to pull the little double-controllers off and shake them.

Yes, I'm kidding. In all seriousness, I suspect it'll probably be a wind instrument of sorts. The game IS called "Breath of the Wild," after all.

Can we bring back the ocarina? Pretty please? I think we can agree everyone loved the ocarina.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:05:19 pm by Nighthawk »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 26, 2016, 05:13:26 pm »

We already had a pan flute, but I don't think we have a had a plain old flute yet. Maybe that?

Of course we might not get an instrument this go around.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 26, 2016, 05:38:41 pm »

Oh yes, a woodwind instrument would make sense. We'd better be able to just play it freely like in OOT. Can't wait to play some epic music.
We already had a pan flute, but I don't think we have a had a plain old flute yet. Maybe that?

Of course we might not get an instrument this go around.
That would be pretty disappointing. Playing music (or conducting, whatever) seems to be one of LoZ's staples for a while now. Yeah, the harp in Skyward Sword was... bad, but that was because it served almost no function and was pretty much a poor motion control gimmick.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 26, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »

Going with the whole 'merging all the games together' idea, obviously we'll be getting all the instruments. Which we have to play simultaneously with a bunch of different control schemes.

A slightly less dumb idea, but about as likely, is that we get a conductor's baton like the Wind Waker or a knockoff and form some kind of orchestra out of a wandering bunch of animal companions.
Nothing important here, move along.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 26, 2016, 06:26:17 pm »

Just like the weapons, we will be able to fill filthy musicians to get new instruments cause Link keeps thrashing them after his concerts.

It doesnt look like there will be an instrument, but they usually have the main instrument playing the theme song so it coyld be in there?!
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2016, 12:32:18 am »

Shit, it's gonna be a Sheikah harp. Like what Sheik plays.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2016, 04:51:10 am »

Shit, it's gonna be a Sheikah harp. Like what Sheik plays.
Either that, or Link this time around somehow managed to shove Ganondorf's organ into is pocket.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2016, 05:26:36 am »

Guys, come on. Be real. With all the Shiekah technology around it's obvious the instrument is gonna be a bitchin' electric guitar.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 69