Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102830 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #375 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:27 am »

Zoras are obviously red because they swim in lava now.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 13, 2017, 12:34:34 am »

Almost certainly the deku tree.

Also that trailer is soooo hypeeeee.....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 13, 2017, 12:39:53 am »

Oh duh, you can see the thing behind the Master Sword at the beginning of the trailer, and for a split second at the end when the woman (Zelda?) looks up and the camera moves behind her.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 13, 2017, 12:41:04 am »

...I hope that Zelda doesn't spend the whole time crying. She's supposed to be the calm and collected one, dammit.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 13, 2017, 12:41:34 am »

She looked pretty calm in the split seconds we saw her in the previous trailer.

Dubbed version of the trailer
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2017, 01:03:50 am »

Alright, at least from this trailer it seems like the EN and JP acting are within throwing distance of each other. I won't lie, I think the JP acting has better emotional conveyance (keeping in mind that I don't speak Japanese), but the EN acting is acceptable. It's not amazing, but it doesn't bother me either. The good news is that with no region lock, there's no reason not to include dual audio since there's no hard versions anymore. And of course, if it turns out that the EN VAs are all actually absolute shit and there is no dual audio I'll just order a copy from Japanese Amazon.

Old woman, presumably Impa: Both women, both old, I'm good with it.

Gruff Male, maybe Deku Tree: Nothing objectionable, though if it is Deku Tree that EN voice is not at all how I've always imagined it.

Zelda: Ooh boy. JP is good, no complaints. I think the EN actress is a bit too subdued for what seems to be a disastrous failure event.

Random Goron: 10/10, Game Of The Century

I also have an additional prediction to log. They have been very, very particular about always referring to Ganon as "Calamity Ganon". I think that, given the line in the trailer, he/it is the giant shadow creature surrounding Hyrule Castle. This leads me to believe that, in conjunction with the idea that Link was missing for a cycle, Ganon managed to obtain the Triforce. My prediction is that doing this reawakened his original nature as Demise, and turned him into a giant eldritch shadow thing. The Zelda shown has since been fighting a losing battle to keep it contained.

I like it if I'm at all in the ballpark. The darker Zelda games are always better.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:06:39 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 13, 2017, 02:07:19 am »

My observations of the EN trailer:

I normally don't like VA dubs.
And VA in a Zelda title? That's a paddlin'. (Just kidding!)
Only time will tell if I may or may not come to accept it.

Another thing.. in the trailer, it mentions that one hundred years have passed since.. Something happened.
I am not sure if I buy the fact that one hundred years is enough for massive landscape changes to happen, just seems weird to me.
I may be completely wrong though.
Then again.. When magic is involved, I suppose anything's possible.

...I hope that Zelda doesn't spend the whole time crying. She's supposed to be the calm and collected one, dammit.

As there are many incarnations of Link, there are just as many of Zelda.
Each seem to have different personalities, so this wouldn't bother me too much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:41:15 am by Ultimuh »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 13, 2017, 06:23:24 am »

You've, like, played Spirit Tracks before, right? Or Wind Waker?
Black lives matter.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 13, 2017, 06:47:15 am »

Reiterating my belief that this is post-Wind Waker, with WW Deku sprites having been shown. Not only that, but this seems to suggest that this is a post-Ganon victory setting, as Link was sealed away.

It's been suggested that this is actually all three timelines merging together.

Zoras are obviously red because they swim in lava now.

Could be a River Zora, as opposed to an Ocean Zora. Then again, weren't the Zoras from OoT Zoras? Zora's Domain was entirely freshwater, and they controlled the entire river running through Hyrule all the way to Lake Hylia(all freshwater). The Zoras in Majora's Mask and the Oracle games(where the distinction between the two first appeared) lived in the ocean.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 13, 2017, 10:00:26 am »

As there are many incarnations of Link, there are just as many of Zelda.
Each seem to have different personalities, so this wouldn't bother me too much.

I always like to look at the three triforce wielders as trying to solve a problem.

-Power can create a path where there was none
-Wisdom can see the correct path, no matter how many there are
-Courage can walk any path, no matter how dangerous.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:25 pm »

I am not sure if I buy the fact that one hundred years is enough for massive landscape changes to happen, just seems weird to me.

Massive changes can happen in 100 years. There used to be a lot of farmland where I live and a lot of farming communities. Many of those places are all forest now, the houses, the barns, everything is gone. You might find the occasional hulk of an old tractor or old timey car out in the woods. The weirdest thing though is finding a graveyard from one of these old farming communities, all the homes and schoolhouses have returned to nature but the descendants of the people that lived there have kept up these graveyards so you will have these well manicured and immaculate looking graveyards out in the middle of a forest.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 13, 2017, 12:30:18 pm »

Massive changes can happen in 100 years. There used to be a lot of farmland where I live and a lot of farming communities. Many of those places are all forest now, the houses, the barns, everything is gone. You might find the occasional hulk of an old tractor or old timey car out in the woods. The weirdest thing though is finding a graveyard from one of these old farming communities, all the homes and schoolhouses have returned to nature but the descendants of the people that lived there have kept up these graveyards so you will have these well manicured and immaculate looking graveyards out in the middle of a forest.

True, vegetation can grow fast if left unchecked.
I meant it as geologically though. Corrosion and continental shifts and such.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 13, 2017, 05:43:22 pm »

True, vegetation can grow fast if left unchecked.
I meant it as geologically though. Corrosion and continental shifts and such.
Look at Chernobly, that happen about 40 years ago and that place is overgrown with animals everywhere, it's entirely possible that with magic and the Triforce messing with things that entire cities just vanished in addition to being overgrown.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 13, 2017, 06:43:03 pm »

I missed the treehouse stream, but I've been hearing from people that they revealed you can tame wild animals who will follow you around, including horses and dogs. You can name the horses you tame and register them at a stables so you can call them by whistling. The horses at least can also die though, so you have to be careful about how you use them around strong enemies. There's different animations for mounting the horses from any angle.

Also Octorok shots now have an arc to them.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:46:56 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 13, 2017, 06:49:48 pm »

I haven't been watching any of the treehouse stuff, but in the trailer you can see Link sort of water-skiing, except the water is sand and the boat is a boar of some kind. Either that's an animal you can tame or it's an actual character since it appears in another scene in the desert.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 69