Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102818 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #360 on: October 27, 2016, 06:04:43 pm »

PLEASE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 27, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »

Hey, there's nothing that says they can't just fess up the actual Wind Waker again. I wouldn't mind, either. Aside from the Master Sword, that's the other artifact I'd like to go find in a ruined cathedral.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 31, 2016, 01:56:54 am »

Guys, come on. Be real. With all the Shiekah technology around it's obvious the instrument is gonna be a bitchin' electric guitar.
More like a music-making app for the Sheikah Slate. :P
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: December 01, 2016, 09:30:28 pm »

Trailer for the Game Awards. Anyone notice anything interesting? Obviously we get to see some people around that aren't Link, potentially having allies fight with you, and it looks kinda like you can play as someone that isn't Link. Also dogs.
Perhaps someone with a keen eye can point out something new here?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

As a matter of fact, this trailer contains something kind of shocking from a story perspective: The presence of what seems to be a Rito. The Rito have only appeared in the Wind Waker sequence of games, because they're evolved from the Zora. We also haven't seen any Zora around.

In light of the Giant Land Octo, this game is looking suspiciously like it might be the far future of Wind Waker, minus one world-spanning ocean.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 01, 2016, 10:55:21 pm »

It looks like Link has the Master Sword in that scene where he's kneeling? And one of the ruined structures matches up with the layout of the Castle Town Fountain in Twilight Princess.

EDIT: Gameplay Footage
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 11:28:03 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 02, 2016, 02:30:30 am »

Not super interesting footage, except for the part where they're about to walk up to a big enemy and two guys jump out to ambush, which is a little dark soulsy. Let the player get ready to fight one opponent, then drop a totally different fight on them.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 13, 2017, 12:12:10 am »

They ended the presentation with a vid of breath of the wild.....and it was intense. I'm like. Whoa.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 13, 2017, 12:15:02 am »

It's actually going to be a launch title. That will boost Switch sales.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:22 am »

I know! Squeeeeee I'm so hypeeeeee

I'm getting this launch day. Maybe I should preorder.....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 13, 2017, 12:18:39 am »

Reiterating my belief that this is post-Wind Waker, with WW Deku sprites having been shown. Not only that, but this seems to suggest that this is a post-Ganon victory setting, as Link was sealed away.

But I suppose we should talk about the elephant in the room: Voice acting? It's not all very clear. It's not impossible it's just a trailer thing, and it's also not impossible that they won't fuck it up if it isn't.

Strange, but I'm not immediately against it. Change is good for Nintendo IPs.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 13, 2017, 12:23:14 am »

Here's a mirror of the trailer

Most interestingly it has Zoras and Bird people at the same time. But the Zoras are red for some reason. Also if you freeze frame it, at one point Link is fighting someone wearing the mask of truth, presumably a Shiekah.

The scene of him and a bunch of other people of several species standing in the desert before a temple makes me wonder if we're going to have to assemble the sages again.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 13, 2017, 12:25:06 am »

Pretty sure voice acting was confirmed when they showed the gameplay intro where a female voice says "Open your eyes."
It's possible that it's only for cutscenes, since when talking to the old man during the gameplay presentation thing I don't remember him saying an actual voice lines aside from perhaps the usual grunts.

E: I'm not really up to snuff about my Zelda lore (as you can probably tell) but I almost get the impression that at one point Link is talking with the Great Deku Tree, or something like it? In the trailer when the guy is talking about how Link has 'no recollection of me whatsoever', Link is standing in the woods, and something near the top of the screen moves almost like lips, but it looks like some kind of tree?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:32:21 am by OzyTheSage »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 13, 2017, 12:33:12 am »

I think he was talking to the King of Hyrule considering the last line, but I'm fairly certain that yeah that was the Deku Tree on screen for a while. What looks like a mustache appears on screen for a second.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 69