Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102787 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:16 pm »

I'll like to see more of OoT link's adventures like if he ever find Navi.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2016, 05:11:36 pm »

I don't think Nintendo likes using the same playable Link in multiple games, except OOT/MM and ALBW/TFH (plus OOA/OOS if I'm correct).
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2016, 05:12:54 pm »

OoA and OoS are the same Link as Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, going by the timeline. Phantom Hourglass also has the same one as Wind Waker.

It is rather unlikely that this Link is a new Link. It's possible, but I doubt it.

The skeleton swordsman in TP who teaches you new techniques is pretty heavily implied to be OoT's Link.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2016, 05:20:41 pm »

I meant playing as the same Link. Bad wording, sorry.
And oh, I
forgot about them. :P

yes the hero's shade is totally oot link
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2016, 05:41:35 pm »

ALTTP was a generic "everything is great in hyrule" ending, no real connection AFAIK.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2016, 05:46:09 pm »

The ending of LTTP just has Link make Hyrule all fine and dandy again using the Triforce and then have THE MASTER SWORD SLEEP AGAIN... FOREVER

(except that one time)
(or if you link the Oracle games)

But there's nothing really contradictory between the ending of LTTP or the beginning of OoS/A.

fakedit: dang it putnam
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 24, 2016, 03:18:59 pm »

Lately Nintendo have been posting videos on the LoZ facebook page reviewing some of the game mechanics. The most recent one shows off some of the different weapons and their uses.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 24, 2016, 03:58:10 pm »

Is it me or does Link sound kinda odd? I never noticed before because all the other gameplay I've seen had people talking over it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 06:47:49 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 20, 2016, 11:12:34 am »

Well the NX has been announced as the Nintendo Switch. There's a dedicated thread for it already up over here. Turn's out OzyTheSage's speculation regarding the Shiekah Slate was more spot on that we realized.

Back onto the game itself however, two new trailers have been released, along with a video showing off a time lapse of the weather cycle.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 11:19:32 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 20, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »

i am in ecstasy
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 20, 2016, 01:30:43 pm »

I feel the second trailer is better. Both of them are pretty... modest? Toned down? They aren't the actiony fast-paced trailers with lots of blink-and-you'll-miss-it cuts bombarding you like I'm used to seeing these days, which is refreshing and more likely than not sets the tone for the game quite well.

On to the weather trailer, I assume they artificially made the weather change so abruptly on purpose to showcase how everything looks, considering how long that thunderstorm lasts. They've put quite a bit of effort into the wind it seems, since you can see things like dust motes hang in the air once the wind dies, then fly away again once it picks up again. I'm not entirely sure how must dust would be kicked up just after a rainstorm though, that usually happens when things are pretty dry... but, that's getting into nitpicking territory. Finally, the fire from the lightning is still burning at the end fo the video =p

Turn's out OzyTheSage's speculation regarding the Shiekah Slate was more spot on that we realized.
When I made that prediction I had not seen the Sheika Slate in too much detail. After seeing a good look at it I realized it resembled a WiiU tablet more than a phone tablet. Unless the thing gets detachable mods you slide onto the sides of the thing then it was me being excited over nothing =p

EDIT: oh yes I forgot to mention... in the trailers it's pretty obvious that motion controls are in use... so unless they remove that feature for the Switch then that confirms the Switch has motion controls of some sort.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 20, 2016, 02:21:49 pm »

The music in those trailers give me a kinda spaghetti western vibe, which is fine by me.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 20, 2016, 03:14:59 pm »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, they snuck this guy into the Switch trailer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 20, 2016, 03:47:16 pm »

That... looks a lot like a very large, very purple, moblin. Actually almost makes me sad they're not taking a chance to go back to the dog-head ones...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 69