Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102788 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »

If Fi is related to the forging doesn't that basically mean self-enchantment?
Ehh, sorta, I guess. Fi shoots the lasers at the sword after jumping into the fires, but Link holds the sword and finds the fires in the first place.
Hell, I'm not particularly into the lore either, I just sunk way too much time into LttP when I was a kid. Dwarf guy reforges the master blade part way through the game, which doubles its damage. Absolute late game (very literally right before the final boss), you can throw either the master sword or its improvement into some water and a fat fairy will toss back out a golden sword that's double the strength of the tempered sword.
Ah, I remember that. I spent a good half a day earning money to get that Super Bomb and bring it to the Pyramid of Power.

I think the dwarves were only there because they didn't invent Gorons until Ocarina of Time. They've appeared like one or two more times, tops, and those were in post-LttP games anyway.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2016, 09:35:51 pm »

Near as I can tell double checking, they've actually only appeared in LttP. Well... and some of the BS games. Regardless, there's apparently two dwarves in the entirety of the zelda franchise. Only two.

... also the goron thing makes sense-ish in the sense of metainformation, but timeline wise... according to the official one LttP actually happened after OoT. So I'unno. Maybe the gorons were all that was keeping the dwarves from coming out of the depths, but after the gorons were apparently slaughtered off (or at least thrown out of hyrule or somethin') and they popped up to see what's up it turned out they kinda' hated it up there (cave adaptation :V) and most of 'em went back home.

Hell, think of it from the DF perspective. You've got an entire underground nation that's been down there held off by forgotten beasts (gorons get pretty freaky, man) for generations, and then they come up to a realm basically populated by elves and their entire species heavily cave adapted. Bugger that, they said.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2016, 10:01:34 pm »

Probably just stout human blacksmiths.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2016, 10:37:41 pm »

Probably just stout human hylian blacksmiths with magnificent beards.
Fixed.

Near as I can tell double checking, they've actually only appeared in LttP. Well... and some of the BS games. Regardless, there's apparently two dwarves in the entirety of the zelda franchise. Only two.

... also the goron thing makes sense-ish in the sense of metainformation, but timeline wise... according to the official one LttP actually happened after OoT. So I'unno. Maybe the gorons were all that was keeping the dwarves from coming out of the depths, but after the gorons were apparently slaughtered off (or at least thrown out of hyrule or somethin') and they popped up to see what's up it turned out they kinda' hated it up there (cave adaptation :V) and most of 'em went back home.

Hell, think of it from the DF perspective. You've got an entire underground nation that's been down there held off by forgotten beasts (gorons get pretty freaky, man) for generations, and then they come up to a realm basically populated by elves and their entire species heavily cave adapted. Bugger that, they said.
Judging by the look of the sage of fire in A Link Between Worlds, the Gorons may have excessively interbred with the Hylians, if that could even work. And, from a DF perspective, it's not just a land of elves; it's a land of elves, fairies, and mermaids that can't be butchered for their priceless bones. The horror.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2016, 10:57:37 pm »

Wasn't that one guitar made out of zora bones or somethin'? Who said the goddesses remembered to set their raws so they were unbutcherable?
Ask not!
Ask!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:47 am »

Maybe Majora's Mask was the result of a RAW duplication error?

Which reminds me, I still have to beat that one of these days... still haven't gotten to the Great Bay. :I
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:40 am »

[gently places hands on your shoulders]
finish majora's mask
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2016, 10:40:51 am »

Ah, MM. The one zelda game I will never play more than the ten or so minutes it took for me to put the controller down :P

Think I've gone through a LP or two of it, though. Not bad to watch, but functionally a problem or not, those kind of clock mechanics tend to drive me up the wall if I'm actually playing it. So I don't, ehehe.

... hopefully they don't sneak something similar into BotW. Doesn't look like they would, but...
Ask not!
Ask!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2016, 10:52:24 am »

inverted song of time
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2016, 11:30:28 am »

The existence of an easy way to mitigate or reduce the effect does not make it less annoying, for me. Half the time it makes it worse, tbh. Would have been fine with MM if time advancement had been entirely voluntary, but it wasn't~
Ask not!
Ask!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2016, 11:34:48 am »

i didn't realize that's what the problem was and i am sorry you aren't able to enjoy the game because of that mechanic, it's amazing in all other respects
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2016, 11:40:29 am »

Speaking of MM lps, have you seen this one frumple?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2016, 11:44:45 am »

Speaking of MM lps, have you seen this one frumple?
Doctor Kill's Zelda LPs are amazing.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2016, 11:56:17 am »

This one is pretty amazing too.
Here's DR. Kill's OOT playthrough which is still super great.

The only problem is that there isn't more =(

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2016, 12:38:58 pm »

Since we're linking things I feel obligated to share the Esotericism of Bargo: Ocarina of Typewriter and its sequel Majora's Mastiff.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 69