Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102884 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2016, 05:33:22 pm »

Which reminds me, I saw this interesting theory on another forum that the new game is a second branch; it's after Wind Waker, but Link lost in the final battle of WW and Ganondorf used the Triforce to restore Hyrule, and then everything went to hell because, well, it's Ganondorf ruling Hyrule.

Personally, I'm hoping for a game set after Twilight Princess, partly because I don't really see any conflicting ending/setup between the end of TP and the start of BotW and partly because the Child timeline currently has three games in it and one of them is Four Swords Adventures.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2016, 05:38:25 pm »

Honestly for a Ganondorf-ruled Hyrule it looks amazingly... non-dark-and-dreary-and-full-of-death-y. Especially considering what seven years of Ganondorf did in OoT.
Black lives matter.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2016, 06:00:11 pm »

Honestly for a Ganondorf-ruled Hyrule it looks amazingly... non-dark-and-dreary-and-full-of-death-y. Especially considering what seven years of Ganondorf did in OoT.
Ganon's been stuck inside a barrier surrounding the castle for the past century
It's FEF, not FEOF

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2016, 06:01:57 pm »

But the theory states that, um, Ganondorf used the Triforce to restore Hyrule, and if he can restore an entire country from the ocean, I'm reasonably certain he can get past a little barrier.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:05:41 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2016, 06:11:47 pm »

Oh missed the theory discussion. Eh personally I'm leaning torwards the decline timeline. It's the only one where we really see Ganondorf being called Ganon and being in his pig form treated as the norm, and this game being full of callbacks to the first two Zeldas and their feel and the state of Hyrule make the most sense.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 06:23:24 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2016, 06:13:34 pm »

Ganon's been stuck inside a barrier surrounding the castle for the past century
... also, uh. At least what I saw it... did look pretty dreary. Colorful (but kinda' muted, too),  but a lot of what you see is some variation of broken or badly degraded. Dunno what the towns will look like, but the wilderness and ruins and whatnot look very much "after the end". Art style honestly looks like about the thematically darkest a zelda game's really indulged in, even TP or dark world stuff, to me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

Broken and badly degraded doesn't mean dreary. I don't mean everything's all rainbows and smiles, but (for a theoretical Ganondorf!Hyrule) there's a dissonant lack of people being murdered or turned into ghosts, especially considering, again, what happened the last time Ganondorf ruled Hyrule.
Black lives matter.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2016, 06:22:45 pm »

Speaking of Ganon, have a gif of the cutscene where he's glimpsed, with an added visual aid.

It's FEF, not FEOF

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2016, 06:24:34 pm »

Huh. He looks a little miffed.
Black lives matter.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2016, 06:26:49 pm »

I was under the impression that BofW was probably an offshoot of Wind Waker, given the existence of the Koroks. Granted, they could always appear in some other timeline, given some need for flight.

Speaking of Ganon, have a gif of the cutscene where he's glimpsed, with an added visual aid.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Been trying to find a good gif of that for awhile. Awesome. Them tusks, yo.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2016, 06:32:21 pm »

"Calamity Ganon" makes me think of a double-decline timeline for the billions of times I died playing Zelda 2. Return of Ganon is made out to be a suitably apocalyptic scenario in that. Doesn't explain Koroks though.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:54 pm »

If I had to put my bet in, Breath of the Wild is going to be a convergence of timelines. It's already shown off several things that are unique to certain separate timelines, plus there's the fact that the map is supposedly a convergence of several, if not all, of the maps of previous Zelda games.

Maybe the goddesses came back and were like '...shit, guys, I think we screwed this one up' and then stitched everything back together in the vain hope that the Chosen One might be able to fix things once and for all this time.
Nothing important here, move along.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2016, 06:45:26 pm »

but... my train adventure... ;-;
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2016, 06:49:32 pm »

"Calamity Ganon" makes me think of a double-decline timeline for the billions of times I died playing Zelda 2. Return of Ganon is made out to be a suitably apocalyptic scenario in that. Doesn't explain Koroks though.

Oh shit. Link's been asleep for a hundred years. This might be the same Link as in Zelda 1 and 2.

But that's some "hey wouldn't it be cool" shit

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2016, 06:53:33 pm »

hey
would not that be cool
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 69