Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Monastic [SG]  (Read 5373 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Monastic [SG]
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2016, 10:51:01 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2016, 11:04:11 pm »

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2016, 11:42:24 pm »

UNDERSTANDING IS THE HEARTWOOD OF WELL-SPOKEN WORDS.

"I'll take this one here." You reach for the belt, holding it at eye level. It seems bigger than you, though it really isn't. You're just a string-bean who doesn't even lift. "Since it is a belt, I can use my hands for tea."

"You will have no tea to drink if you don't defend the monastery. I will go find more Silent and arm them."

"Wait!" He hasn't even told you how to use the thing. "How do I use it?"

"You will know when the time comes."

"But-". Before you can protest or inquire further, he wraps the remaining two devices up and darts down the hallway. The time to use the belt comes quicker than you would have preferred. A tall, thin droid of some kind turns down your little nook.

"Failure to convert. Eliminating." It begins its slow, menacing walk, getting closer with every heavy, metallic step. It is about twice your height, with two emotionless, rectangular eyes. "We tried to help you. We tried to make you better. You resisted, so you will be e-e-e-exterminated."

With not a second of thought, you throw the belt on. Your fellow monk was right; the knowledge sparks and expands within your mind, filling every fold and synapse with the understanding of the weapon, and how it will empower you to defeat this enemy.

"I am better, without your conversion." The belt conforms to your shape. Then, a small cellphone appears. It seems to fit in the notch that double as the belt's buckle. "In fact, I have a little conversion of my own", you add. A smug expression washes across your face as you anticipate the metal man's curiosity.

"What is this conversion? If it isn't SMART, it isn't smart."

"Watch." You flip the phone open and press '555', then 'enter'.

"Standing by...", the phone says smoothly.

You hold the phone up over your head, arm reaching for the sky. "Henshin!", you cry as you slam the phone into its socket.

"Complete!" The phone and belt say in unison. Red lines oriented vertically appear all over your body--well, robes--until they are replaced by metallic armour, with a helmet designed with yellow eyes and a generally insectoid appearance.

"This...this power." You're in awe. Is this really you? Are you really in this suit of armour? Where did the other monks even find such weapons?

• Remain idle in awe stupor.
  • Engage the droid in fisticuffs.
  • Try to bust out some weapons/gadgets.
  • Bay12 decides.
Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2016, 11:45:35 pm »

Engage the droid not in deeds, but in words.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 12:08:33 am »

Pretend to engage the droid in words, then punch it in the eyes
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 12:13:09 am »

Pretend to engage the droid in words, then punch it in the eyes
Yes
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2016, 12:13:52 am »

Yeah, just punch it.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2016, 12:29:37 am »

Yeah, just punch it.
In the eyes. That's very important.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2016, 08:49:47 am »

Yeah, just punch it.
But don't forget to first pretend to engage the droid in words.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2016, 10:35:55 am »

Yeah, just punch it.

If the Droid is willing to abandon it's evil ways in favor of Tea Time, we'll spare it from Eye-Punching.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2016, 10:37:24 am »

Yeah, just punch it.

If the Droid is willing to abandon it's evil ways in favor of Tea Time, we'll spare it from Eye-Punching.
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

Yeah, just punch it.

+1
+1, also ask it what SMART is.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »

PEACE COMES FROM WITHIN. DO NOT SEEK IT WITHOUT.

"Your new power cannot save you from extermination. If it isn't SMART-"

"It isn't smart. Yes, I get it. What does SMART mean or stand for anyway?"

"It stands for Self Manufacturing and Repairing Techseries. We are an AI collective consciousness. We are I, and I are us all. We seek to make things better."

"You know, there are other ways to make things better."

"Really?"

"Sure." You inch closer to the machine, who is, interestingly enough, listening to you with intent. "Use your words. Use compassion and understanding. Seek to make others better due to selflessness, not the ego." The droid looks down at the floor, and you offer a soft touch to its thigh. "You know, with great power comes great--GULLIBILITY! SHORYUKEN!" You deliver a swift and powerful uppercut to the droid's chin, soaring several feet into the air and spinning as you do so. It takes off like a rocketship, then tips upside down before landing on the floor. Metal bits and wires strew the floor and the head, now severed from its torso, clatters and clanks to a halt a few feet away. You've no time to truly marinade the victory you just scored due to a cry for help.

"HELP!"

You dart down the nook, back into the hallway. You see who called for help; a Silent (of course), about to get owned by another droid.

"Don't worry, I-"

"...got this!" You spin to find another monk, this one wears goggles on his head. His demeanour is dark, and he gives off an aura of edginess. "What're you lookin' at?"

"Uh...nothing! Carry on!" He is far too edgy for you to even talk to!

The monk scoffs before revealing a familiar looking device. It's the small one-handed cellphone thingy from earlier! You watch as he holds it out in front of him. "Agumon: Realise!" Moments later, a small yellow reptile materialises, nostrils flaring and growling at the droid. "Let's kick it up a notch! Digi-modify! Digivolution: Activate!" You sit down in full lotus, watching this whole thing go down. Both the droid and its would-be victim are watching as well, with interest!

>EVOLUTION_

"What? Who said that?" You swear it was that digi-thing the monk has.

The droid snaps its head in your direction with eerie precision. "Silence, organic! I am watching this!"

"Agumon, shinkaaaaaaa!" You also wonder where that music is coming from, but you're more interested in the creature. Agumon, is it? Once engulfed in light, you see bits of digital information strip from its body, before being replaced by a cranium made of brown bone, horns, a tail, blue stripes, and a much larger mass overall. "Greymon!" Now, standing where the small lizard once did, was some kind of fire-spitting dinosaur?

"Unknown organic lifeform. Will it convert?"

"It'll convert alright. Your shiny ass to dust! Greymon! Get him!"

• Did the Greymon rush the robot and tear it to shreds with its mighty claws and teeth?
  • Did the Greymon use its super hot nova breath to melt the droid into grey goo?
  • Bay12 decides what Greymon did.
Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »

The Greymon stares down the droid until it self-terminate.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2016, 10:54:40 pm »

the Graymon walked Over to the Droid and Pissed on it's Leg Until it Shorted Out Obviously.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5