Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Monastic [SG]  (Read 5370 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monastic [SG]
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »

Shrine+Mage Communication
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2016, 06:47:03 pm »

ONE ONLY LOSES WHAT ONE CLINGS TO.

You elect to visit the shrine or stillness, and then speak with the Dalai Lama if he isn't too busy. Then you'll retire for the night. You walk in meditation until you arrive outside of it, the familiar stone columns and the glass roof they support greeting you with the most beautiful display of light. The walls and columns of the shrine are lined with signs of nature taking back her rightful place as the primary force of earth. Her vines and lives make some stone slabs their home. You don't mind it, in fact, it shows how connected to everything you are. The synergy between monk and mother nature.

You sit in full lotus and begin to offer blessings to your brothers, then all monks, then all living things in the known world. Which you haven't seen much of. You also offer a blessing to the Sangha's patron, Great Listener. It is from him the Silent derive their philosophy. Just a small statue of bronze is all you have, but a Lama or the Dalai Lama himself can communicate with him, but only when complete quiet. Those who haven't grown in the philosophy still carry much 'mental noise' around with them, which repels the patron.

After leaving the shrine, you burn a stick of incense, humbly bow, and leave. You don't make it to the Dalai Lama though, because a gathering of several monks can be seen on the entrance steps. Hm. That's odd. You walk on by while trying to peep who they're talking to. You don't get too much detail, but you swear you see metal. From here, the visitors look rather...shiny. You rush back to your room and lie on your bed. The curiosity burns half of your mind, the other half says you should forget it and reflect on teachings before you sleep.

• Put this to the back of your mind and sleep.
  • Take a peek at the strangers from your window. You'll have to rubberneck a bit due to the angle.
  • XLR8 the situation. Try to eavesdrop on the conversation.
  • Bay12 decides.
Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

A/N: Walking meditation is a thing irl.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2016, 07:06:20 pm »

Whatever it is, calm of mind and focus is more important.  Get some sleep.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2016, 07:53:55 pm »

> Put this to the back of your mind and sleep.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 08:10:34 pm »

lets find out what's going on, it may be important.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 08:12:18 pm »

XLR8 the situation. Try to eavesdrop on the conversation.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:27 pm »

ATTACHMENT LEADS TO SUFFERING.

You give in to your lesser half and yield to the ego's desires. You decide that you must know what's going on, and elect to use your talent to find out. The moon is full, big and bright. It provides just enough light on its own, but with the torches and lamps by the entrance walkway, you can make out what's going on good enough.

INHALE~

Focus.

EXHALE~

You ignore the world's slowing to a crawl as you peer your head out the window. First you observe.

You see a handful of your fellow Silent, standing behind a monk wearing lavender robes. It's the Dalai Lama! Why is he addressing strangers? He rarely ever leaves his temple, let alone talks to strangers. The ones he has audience with? As noted previously, they are oddly shiny. Their skin seems to be made not of flesh, but of metal. Their eyes are without pupil, monocolour, and emotionless. They shine with the ominous glow of jade.

Then you listen. Their bodies seem to produce sounds of steel grinding steel. You're too far away and not too skilled in this art to keep listening to their inner selves. You elect to listen to the conversation now.

"...will never convert." You're sure that's the voice of a Silent.

"...your final answer?" That's the voice of the metallic stranger. Their leader, at least. They have no more than a score with them.

"Yes."

"...be it."

The strangers turn and leave in silence. You snap-back and your advanced awareness leaves you once more, your senses returning to normal processing capabilities. The other Silent, with the Dalai Lama watch patiently until the metal strangers are downrange of the hill the monastery sits on. You can't see that far, but that would be your best guess since they wait a while to return to the monastery's interior.

You're not sure what to make of this, however, the situation seems resolved, in the mighty and capable hands of the Dalai Lama and your fellow Silent. You return to your bed, lie flat and pull the sheets up to let the sweet call of dreams take you away for another date.

THE NEXT DAY . . .

You smile as the sun's warmth-

"Inor! Come quickly!"

The sun's warmth is apparent, yet you have no time for your morning ritual. Your robes are still on your body from the previous night, however, you must forego enjoying the most important part of the day: tea. You wake up to a fellow Silent rushing you out of bed, fear painted all over his face.

"You must come. Now!"

• Ask what's going on.
  • Inquire as to the fate of tea time.
  • Inquire as to what his deal is.
  • Bay12 decides.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2016, 10:09:46 pm »

Ask what's going on.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:59 am »

I want tea time!
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2016, 09:28:46 am »

PTW!

Also, I like the quotes!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:30:56 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2016, 09:36:33 pm »

THE PATIENT HUNTER GETS THE PREY.

"B-b-but...wha-" you sputter. "What of tea?"

"What of it? We are under attack! Come quickly!"

Before you can ask by whom, you're grabbed and jerked out of your bed. On the way out, you pass through the kitchen, still being pulled by your brother-in-robes. You make a couple grasps for your teacup, but no dice. Just barely out of reach.

"Will you at least tell me who is attacking us?"

"SMART. Specifically, the SMART Empire."

"SMART Empire?" You're sceptical, and for good reason. Assuming he refers to the metal strangers from the previous night, you mentally raise an eyebrow. Twenty whatever-they-were do not an empire make.

"Hush!" You and your brother jerk to a halt, diving into an adjacent nook as hulking metal footsteps come nearer, and nearer. Your eyes are locked straight ahead, looking at the small opening of the main corridor you were in moments ago. First, a red light, with a huge monstrosity of metal following it. It is two-legged, and strangely humanoid. It is fat and round, with large barrels where hands would be on a biped. Biological, that is.

"What was that", you hiss.

"SMART Battleroid G1. We must make certain we do not encounter such a model in future instances. Avoid, like we have now."

"Model?" What happened to the peaceful, bliss-sourced life you were living less than 24 hours ago? You sigh deeply, missing your bed, your garden, and most of all, your tea.

"Wait!" you exclaim, being hushed by your brother-in-robes. "I have an idea! I know how we can end the hostilities?"

"You know of a way?!"

"Yes, brother. We simply give them our best tea!"

Ignoring your comment, he reveals a wrapped towel. Unwrapping it, three odd devices are laid neatly next to one another. "I have prepared weapons for us, as we will need to resist the enemy with combatives. Choose one. The others I will use myself or give to another Silent."

You eye each instrument carefully. The first is a small cellular-like device with a screen. It's able to be held with one hand. In fact, it appears to be designed for such. The second is a large belt, colourful, and made of steel. The last is a ball. It is small and two-coloured.

"Choose quickly, brother!"

• Choose the first device.
  • Choose the second device.
  • Choose the third device.

@TheBiggerFish: Thanks. :)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2016, 09:41:49 pm »

quite clearly we take the second device we need ours hands for tea.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

quite clearly we take the second device we need ours hands for tea.
+1
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2016, 10:32:49 pm »

Choose the third device
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2016, 10:45:29 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5