Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you tired of the constant boredom hiatuses?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I don't care enough about this forum game to be.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?  (Read 26841 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch: a first-time RTD
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2016, 12:53:38 am »

I'm serious about inviting people with characters from forum games. Seriously serious.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2016, 01:02:22 am »

Hm. Well, why not.

Viznor from here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2016, 02:16:22 am »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2016, 03:46:04 am »

Hm. Well, why not.

Viznor from here.
Hello, whisperling.

Viznor will be opposing little Jimmy, and you alone will have the right to post actions for Viznor.
Unless you say otherwise.
You can post your first action now.
The essences did not survive the trip, though.

5 of what? I don't get it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:49:09 am by ironsnake345 »
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 11:56:15 am »

Five
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

From the portal of meta-warping emerges BARDNIR!

Bardnir Begins casting Crash To Desktop! (using all five of his supposed turns)

It could be noted that Bardnir is a neutral-chaotic party, who's loyalty is only held by those with the fanciest hats, and the largest quantities of cheese.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:16:18 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2016, 01:27:40 pm »

Ok, then, that's all the forumites who can insert themselves. This'll be a fun turn!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2016, 03:15:36 pm »

Hello, whisperling.

Viznor will be opposing little Jimmy, and you alone will have the right to post actions for Viznor.
Unless you say otherwise.
You can post your first action now.
The essences did not survive the trip, though.

(Hola Ironsnake!

Anyway, figured. :P Let's remove the tie of 117 while we're at it- I don't think instahealing would be fun for anyone.)

Binding time! Tie Jimmy up with magical restraints. And shoot an arrow, if I can do a physical thing too.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2016, 08:03:39 pm »

Yeah, that'll go fine.
A quick note is that since these characters hail from different metas, their rolls and stats will be handled differently. You, for example, will get rolls for each stat involved.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:30 pm »

So, CMP and POT rolls as usual? Gotcha.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:59 pm »

Buggery sod.  I'm late.

Make this voice's actions' rolls 5s forever unless they specify thst they want a different number.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:50:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2016, 12:24:40 am »

I think I'm going to make this an "every three days" sort of deal. Anyway, turn incoming!

From the swirling vortex portal in the room emerges three figures, each from a different meta! Viznor the seer, winged four-armed mage of knowledge and binding, covered head to toe in legendary magic items! Bardnir, a wizard with a striking resemblance to the black mage from Final Fantasy and a ridiculously snazzy hat and dangerous elemental magic! Moznarx Hogroof, god of chaos and order, with a body forged of a thousand thousand machines, beasts, and aspects of the world, all shifting around each other with no known pattern! They seem completely untouched by the twitch curse!

Five
???

From the portal of meta-warping emerges BARDNIR!

Bardnir Begins casting Crash To Desktop! (using all five of his supposed turns)

You only get four!
Bardnir flies into a blitz of casting!
[3][6][2][6] (Two overshots and mixed success! What fun!)
The effects are catastrophic! Bardnir's magic instantly creates a complete burn to the system, and inhabitants of all four metas are enveloped in a blue screen of death as the spells meld into one and go off much faster than they should! Reality is torn at the seams, and you are all lost in a seemingly infinite void of errors, when suddenly the spirit of the evil child speaks up!
You seek to envelop us in a net forged of broken meta? I eat meta for breakfast!
In a flash of red, the BSOD is sliced in half, and you find yourselves on a plain of rolling green hills with white clouds hanging in the blue sky overhead, and the landscape otherwise featureless! Scattered throughout the plains, some on the ground some floating in the air, are entirely too many desktop icons, consisting of several random .png and .jpg files, shortcuts to many uninstalled antivirus programs (one seems to be working), two shortcuts to steam, google chrome, a chat client, so many almost completely uninteresting folders, five games and more than a dozen pointless .txt and .docx files! There are also the obvious "computer" and "recycle bin" icons. Bardnir has crashed the entire meta to the desktop!

Binding time! Tie Jimmy up with magical restraints. And shoot an arrow, if I can do a physical thing too.
[cmp: 4][pot: 2+1=3]
Viznor casts a spell of binding, and suddenly tendrils of pure magic envelop you! Your arms are tied and your feet bound together, and you are unable to move freely!
[dex: 4+1=5]
Using four arms, Viznor draws his bow and forms an arrow of nondescript magic nocked on its string, all in a manner which brings to mind a cartoon about polymorphic sentient rocks you've seen somewhere before, and fires an arrow straight towards you! Being bound, you cannot dodge, and the arrow hits you squarely in the chest! The piercing strike hurts intensely!

Buggery sod.  I'm late.

Make this voice's actions' rolls 5s forever unless they specify thst they want a different number.
[5] (Lucky you, fish.)
One voice which takes the form of a poshguinfish asserts its will, and enforces its rule! All actions it claims will be automatic fives, but this tampering has disrupted its connection through the twitch curse!
TheBiggerFish will now roll automatic 5's on all actions they post, but they can only post a maximum of 4 actions per turn.

The werefrog and horrors fight back against Viznor!
[4]
A facsimile of Viznor's meta gives him a chance to dodge!

[dex: 5]
The werefrog leaps at Viznor and swings wildly with both of its forelimbs, but Viznor backsteps safely out of the way!
[3] [dex: 1]
The eldritch horrors stream towards Viznor in a many-colored cloud of indescribable limbs! Viznor attempts to dodge out of the way, but trips and falls flat as the horrors envelop him! The horrors bite into Viznor, striking with claws and tentacles, but some overshot their target and missed entirely in the charge! When the horrors withdraw, Viznor is covered in bruises and scratches, as well as visibly shaken.

Life:75%. Magic:35%. Manna:50% Inventory: pants, sword, fake arms, laptop. Companions: obedient werefrog, pile of mostly obedient eldritch horrors, spirit of an evil child. Location: my desktop.
You are in combat with the chaotic bloodmage and three creatures from beyond the fourth wall.
Enemy stats:
Chaotic bloodmage: Health: 75% Magic: 100% Manna: 60%
Viznor the seer: Health: no reading. Magic: seemingly infinite. Manna: no reading. Injuries: bruised and scratched. Bleeding very slightly. Mentally shaken.
Bardnir: Health: 126? Magic: 0? Manna: no reading.
Moznarx Hogroof: Health: seemingly immortal. Magic: nothing, but it's flowing in fast! Manna: no reading.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 01:10:56 pm by ironsnake345 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2016, 12:41:33 am »

So, a lot of people seem to not realize this: Each user (except fish, now) may post any number of actions on a turn. Jimmy will do all of them, but NPC's will only do a maximum of 4. Any NPC can be controlled by any character, except that the summoned forumites can only be controlled by their players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2016, 01:12:15 am »

First things first: start flying. Dexterous wings don't do a whole lot if you're on the ground.

Ah... knowledge! Information! And we're on the desktop! Magically learn all the information in the browser's user's manual!

And... I supposedly have four actions now, so how about that. See what happens if I claw at a folder icon. Then check the local meta to see whether I still get a multicast penalty.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15