Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26952 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: french maids and annoyed nurses
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2016, 02:09:31 am »

((Name is Alexia. ))

Ask the soldiers about what happened and why are they here in a innocent manner.

Keep a discrete eye on Evin.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:13:22 am by Gwolfski »
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: dissapearing don juan, also tanks
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2016, 06:28:58 pm »

((good luck with your exam Pancaek))
Thank you kindly chaps I'll be going now.
Extremely pleased with his newfound metal Bernard wanders over to the rest of the team and waits.
((Thanks, it went well. Pretty tired though))

You wander over to the tent where Clark laid out your mission, but find that nobody's home. Instead you head over to the muster area and stand in the shade of a large tent. This desert heat is some kind of bullshit, let me tell you. 

First French Maids, now nurses. What will reality ruin next?

"Did you amputate your heart while you where at it?"
Evan puts his own hand to his heart as he says this. "The truth is, mam, I'm just here for my medicine. The doctor prescribed me two girls a day, after dinner." Evan then makes a finger pistol and clicks his tongue while moving it upward.

If she looks away even for a second after he says this, Evan tests out his Stealth skill by vanishing from the tent. Partly to avoid retaliation for that crime-squad grade pickup line (especially considering she is holding pointy objects), partly to get out of the way of legitimate medical emergencies, partly to mess with the nurse's head.
She rolls her eyes at you and looks away for a second to grab more tools to wash.

As Magdelene looks back over to the annoying yank pestering her, her speech is cut off. "Look here, buster, I real-" She starts to say, but the yank is gone. Simply vanished, didn't even make a sound or a movement in the air. Was the yank a ghost, just a mirage? She shakes her head and mutters that the desert heat is getting to her.

You find yourself just outside of the medic's tent, having made an unseen escape from your military trial worthy pick-up lines through a small gap between the tent sheets.

You make a french maid dress for Alkexia, the thing looking horribly out of place in the desert, but whatever. You then go and memorize a whole library of military stuff, making your gm wonder if this power isn't going to be trouble down the line.
It is powerful indeed, potentially extremely versatile. I try to not play it to its full extend, though getting the potential for it can't be avoided.

See if I can secure ourself a jeep or other means of transportation.
You head over the motor pool and fidgit around, looking for someone to talk to to secure some transportation. One of the mechanics notices you and climbs off of the Matilda II, wiping his hands off on a cloth, managing only to make the cloth more dirty than it already was. You ask him about transportation.

"Oh, you're one of Clark's guys right? Yeah, he told me about what you needed. Look, like I said to him, I can only spare you a jeep once we our boys to the forward base. We just don't have enough vehicles to give you one before we get there."

He wipes his forehead, leaving a long black smear on his face.

"I mean, I guess you could that German tank we shot when we first got here. It's like one or two kilometers back from the base. The round that hit it fucked up part of the transmission, though. It's completely warped and I just don't have the spare parts to replace it. If you could somehow get it working and drive over here, we could totally fill her up for you. Good luck finding the spare parts for that borked transmission though."

((Name is Alexia. ))

Ask the soldiers about what happened and why are they here in a innocent manner.

Keep a discrete eye on Evin.
Keeping Evan in the corner of your eye, you ask the soldiers what happened.

"Well, we got in a bit of a scrap, see? Back when we first came here this place was under control of the Germans. I got hit by a mortar round, and Fritz here got his tank destroyed by one of ours."
["Yes, a lucky shot that hit our transmission. With everyone retreating and the battle practically over, I figured it was better to surrender than to get shot in some stupid last stand."]
"And we all appreciate you not continuing to shoot the crap out of us, I'm sure. Anyway, once our little kerfuffle ended the medics dragged our sorry butts over here, and here we've been ever since."

You turn away for a second to look at Evan again, but he's just gone. What the hell, you didn't even notice him move.

((All right, I'll change that in your sheet. Thanks.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 07:21:43 pm »

Hehe, looks like I still got it. Might not be as flashy as what the other guys got, but it has gotten me out of a jam or two. Alright, there are no pretty girls in the area, and I have a job coming up.

Evan walks away from the medical tent, looking for a good place to lay down in the shade, possibly snatching a glass of water on the way. Once he finds one, he lays down with his hand behind his head and sighs.

Time to think. It would probably be easier to sneak up on them at night, given the desert conditions. I could probably get in myself no problem, not sure if I can say the same for the other two I would have to drag around. On the other hand, it is more of a surprise to go in the day. You expect people to sneak in in the middle of the night, not in broad daylight. They won't expect it, and our distraction should allow us to get close enough to move in without being spotted. As long as we can get in the hole, it won't matter what time it is. It would be best if we could find an alternate exit-I don't like our odds of getting out alive if they spot us and the only way out is a single hole surrounded by Nazis.

Oh well, just like always, I'll wing the rest.

Evan takes a sip from his water (if he managed to find any) and relaxes until the others show up.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2016, 10:57:35 pm »

Bernard goes looking for the rest of his colleges.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2016, 12:10:47 am »

Alain Bloyer
Spare parts? Plural? Nothing I can help with, then...

Alain walks around the camp until he finds Evan and Bernard.

"We really have to wait until forward camp. They can't spare jeep before that and they don't have parts to fix the german tank."
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:10:37 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2016, 03:42:09 am »

Say goodbye to the soldiers. Go find everyone else, and ask them about trying to get the german's tank running- The transmission is the size of a small fridge, and the other side could be copied, tanks hve two transmissions, one for left and right tracks if i remember. Oh, and return the dress andchange back into normal clothes. ((This laptop doesnt have grammar checking, that is so aonnoying))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2016, 07:35:11 am »

well I should be able to help with the spare parts as long as I have a rough idea as to what they look like I can probably shape the metal into whatever shape is needed.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2016, 10:24:13 am »

Well, let's go find the tank!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2016, 11:35:45 am »

Matter already decided by majority Alain agrees to go along with the tank plan.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2016, 05:55:22 pm »

Evan continues to lie down and rest.

"Between the two of you, you should be able to get it fixed. But what are we gonna do with a tank? Our plan relies on stealth, and even I might have some trouble sneaking that beast anywhere. Not like we can just wipe out the enemy camp with it, we can't fit that thing into the hole and they can just run there. Even if they don't got AT weapons, they will just hole up in the hole and keep us from doing anything with it. Not like we can fit a tank in the tomb."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Mechanical troubles
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2016, 06:29:46 pm »

So, while Evan takes a breather in the shade some tent or another, the other three set off to go find themselves a tank.

The desert heat and the sun would have made quick work off such an impromptu adventure, but Alain's navigational skills mean that the team find the tank in record time. It's a Panzer 4 with the stubby 5 cm gun. It looks to be in decent shape, except for two holes in the tank. The holes aren't all that large in diameter, suggesting that it was hit by the punchy gun of the Matilda II. One hole is directly where the driver of the tank sits, and the other where the transmission is.

The three of you climb your way into the tank and rummage around to find what the heck is wrong with the transmission, all the while trying to ignore the large bloodstain in the driver's seat and the little chunks of flesh that remain. After a solid ten minutes, it is Alexia who manages to pinpoint how to fix it. A few of the metal components got bent around the british shell. Removing the shell and either straightening the metal or replacing the parts should do the trick.

As for the tank itself, it seems in pretty good shape. Two extra ventilation holes notwithstanding. There are twenty rounds remaining, equally split between armour piercing and high explosive. The two machine guns are both empty, but there are still 4 ammo belts remaining in the tank. If nothing else, the British are sure to appreciate the extra firepower should you manage to fix it.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Mechanical troubles
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2016, 06:54:37 pm »

try straitthen the metal using my power also try the to fix up the armor.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: The little Panzer that didn't give up
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2016, 07:00:57 pm »

try straitthen the metal using my power also try the to fix up the armor.
((Might as well immediatly get this over with, since you rolled well))

With Alexia's guidance, Bernard manages to straighten out the transmission pieces and even patches up the holes, though the metal covering the holes is a lot thinner than the parts around it. With some anticipation, Alexia sits in the driver's seat and attempts to start the engine, but not before wiping off the seat and putting a blanket on it.

The engine roars to life, and the tanks is good to go. The team drives it back to the British base, where the Brits fill up the gas tank.

But what to do with it?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2016, 02:07:39 am »

Well, I think we should use it as our transport. Travel with this group of soldiers and depart of them when they are about closest to the target they are going to get and then drive as close as possible without getting attention. Then we can play stealth games. But that's just OOC. IC I'll just go with majority.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2016, 04:55:31 am »

If we all could get German uniforms..... Could pretend to be reinforcements? Might've to change the serial number on the tank though.... This is probably one of those more stupid ideas, isn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20