Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26912 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 0: Prologue
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2016, 11:00:50 am »

Me? Flirting with you? Go get a mental check up, for gods' sake!

"Have you seen the state of psychologists in the world? They are more perverted than I could ever hope to be."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:41 am »

Th! You and your pervertions. You don't want to see me when I get angry, and you, sir, are getting close.

Anyway, Mortimer, what sort of a mission can we expect?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 12:09:52 pm »

Alain fidgets on his seat uncomfortably. This dysfunctional team is not what he expected. Not that he had high expectations anyway.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 12:35:32 pm »

Bernarard politely ignores the squabble and forming the metal in his hand into a question mark asksMortimer, how did you become a skeleton in the first place?
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2016, 01:05:01 pm »

"Ah, to be young again."

Mortimer exclaims in a monotone manner. You can't really tell what his expression is. Because he doesn't have a face, remember?

"It's nice to see everyone getting along. But you better work out any tensions between yourselves before you walk out that door, or you'll be having a bad time."

A man enters the room carrying a box with slides.

"Perfect timing. Allow me to give you a quick heads-up on what you can expect."

Mortimer dims the lights and puts the slide projector back on. It's projecting an image of various military men in german uniforms.

"So, here are a few slices of the pie that is the german military. In order, the Heer, the Luftwaffe and the Kriegsmarine. They're the regular old army. Then there's the evil looking guy in his leather trenchcoat. That's the SS, the guys out to ruin everyone's day. But wait, it gets worse."

The slide changes to another soldier dressed very similarely as the previous SS guy. Only the emblem he wears is different. A skull with SS carved on its forehead, standing in the middle of a pentagram.

"Soldiers with these emblems have started popping up in recent months. As far as we can guess, they're a special branch of the SS, answering directly to some Nazi party member. The guy must be pretty high up, because these guys seem to have unprecedented authority. They just show up, snap their fingers and entire battalions drop what their doing to dance to their wims, so to say. Every time one of our spooks finds out about the germans getting their hands on something bad, these guys are involved. They've got the manpowered, they've got the authority and they've got all the latest toys. They, will ruin your day."

He turns the machine back off and the lights turn back on in the room.

"We've lost more spooks and squads in these last few months than the three years preceding it. These guys know what they are doing, and what they do is find people like us and make sure we don't get in their way. So, that's who you're going to be going up against when operating against the germans.

Now, I've got two reports here that need investigating.

One will take you to the bright and sunny afrika theatre. One of our spooks embedded with the british told us that the germans uncovered the tomb of some pharao's vizier or another, and they've established a little camp around it. The british don't seem eager to see what's up, since the place is out of their way and of no strategic importance, but it can't be anything good.

The second report will send you to beautiful France. Now somewhat less beautiful since there's nazi's everywhere, but what can you do? Frankly, we don't know what's going on here. Only that they've taken an interest in a certain part of the Breton coastline. Since this has started, there have been significant increases in maratime losses on both sides. Something's up, and we need to know what.

So, your choice. Figure out which one you all think will be more to your liking, we'll send another squad on the task you don't pick."

Bernarard politely ignores the squabble and forming the metal in his hand into a question mark asksMortimer, how did you become a skeleton in the first place?
"That's a rather private question, don't you think? Suffice it to say something happened a long time ago that I'm still pretty dang angry about. Or, hey, maybe I'm the grim reaper but I ditched my black robe and scythe getup. Gotta get with the times, you know?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 0: briefing
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2016, 01:47:54 pm »

Alain looks around quietly waiting to see what others decide. Though he secretly hopes it will be France. More familiar ground.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 02:08:41 pm »

"The choice seems obvious, doesn't it? Africa. Whatever is happening in France is killing the bad guys too, right? So they are probably just going to kill whatever it is themselves. If we are lucky, it will take some of them with it. We dunno why they are in Africa, but they have to have found some kinda weapon that will be trouble later if we don't handle it now."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »

Africa it is then. You'll all get a nice tan. Too bad I already have one. *Skin goes tanned, eyes green, hair brown*

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:59 pm »

Ah, his opinion won't change the outcome now. Sad. But might get so see the pyramids!

"Africa." he votes quietly.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2016, 04:17:04 pm »

Bernard looks terrified to go to Africe which its vast amounts of areas that lack metal, but he he grabs his ever charging poker knife and squeezes it and that seems to let him draw on some reserve of courage. Africa
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2016, 05:16:16 pm »

What gear do we get?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 0: Supply problems
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2016, 10:18:17 am »

((Sorry about the two days of radio silence. I had three examns in two days time. I came home pretty late yesterday and I had planned to do the update then, but somewhere between eating and starting up my pc I fell asleep and slept for like 11 hours. Anyways, back to the war.))

"Afrika it is, then. We'll fly you over to a British controlled airstrip. One of our associates embedded with the British army will be there to give you more details. You will join him and other British reinforcements to drive to the front lines. From their forward operating base there, it will be up to you to make your way to the German camp."

What gear do we get?

"A good question."

Mortimer goes to the corner and drags over a chest, laying out its contents on a table.

"One kit for each of you containing desert clothing with no obvious markings, a canteen, webbing, army knife, compass, the works. We can give you as many maps as you want, but I'd advise on taking one, maybe two at most, so that there's less chance of them falling into enemy hands.

That was the good news, the bad news is that we are seriously low on weapons. So for this mission you're going to be going in mostly naked. You'll have to aqcuire your weapons and other gear on-site. I don't particularely care how you do it, steal them, liberate them from enemy caches or grab them from the enemies cold dead hands. Just try not to get caught if you steal from our allies, we don't want them to get mad at us.

I do have some toys left over from my lad in the OSS. Two welrod pistols, 9mm, bolt action and about as loud as a snap of your fingers. And a delisle carbine, also bolt action, fires .45 and is only marginally louder than the welrod. Not exactly the kind of weapons for front line combat, but they're better than nothing and handy if you need to be subtle. We can supply each weapon with about 3 magazines worth of ammo.

Well, unless you've got any other questions, you should all put on your kits and report to Gunny so he can get you some transport."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2016, 02:35:14 pm »

I'll take the carbine. Hmm. Anyone know a high ranking female Nazi?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2016, 03:33:56 pm »

Bernard will take the welrod.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2016, 05:06:36 pm »

I'll take the carbine. Hmm. Anyone know a high ranking female Nazi?

Aww, I wanted the carbine. Closest thing to a rifle they are giving us. Three guns for four people? How cheap are these guys? Not like I could show off with this equipment anyway....

"No, but I know all of the higher ups' wives, if you catch my meaning. And the pinup girls."

"Odd guns ya got here, never seen this type before. I guess I'll take this Welrod before it gets snatched up."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20