Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: MECHATRONIC SURVIVORS IC  (Read 3578 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: MECHATRONIC SURVIVORS IC
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2016, 04:09:27 am »

((Gravity on planet is Earth-like. You're just dropping from very high orbit slowly gathering speed as you move towards the ground. You're not in atmosphere yet, you're gunna want air conditioning.))

((Well, guess who has a mech with A/C? Me!))

'' Hmm.... Do you think I need the safety manual? That takes up at least half a terabyte...  Oh, there's compressing software on this! I probably won't need the 'manual to zero gravity combat' or the 'DIY nuclear power plant' any time soon.  I sure love today's compressing software. Should have space for that game now... Any chance you could send me a copy of the game? Should be finished transmitting when we land..."
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2016, 05:52:08 am »

UPDOOT:
One thing I forgot to mention: A NanoTrasen branded emergency flare gun is standard issue among mechs, and it is illegal not to have a flare gun of some kind on mechs. It has 3 ammo (more is able to be made later) and is very very bright. Anything that this is shot at is either going to charge the source or run away.

Turns out, orbital re-entry isn't playing nice with you. You are jostled around and you feel like you might throw up. Then you hit the ground. Oh mother of Lord that hurt. Even through the armor plating of the mech and the airbags and the parachutes, falling from orbit isn't quite as peachy as one would assume. You're all bruised and battered, but alive.
Dark blue = Nakeen
Light Blue = MidnightJaguar
Green = Crazyabe
Yellow = Gwolfski

Drag into new tab and enlarge.

From above as you were coming in you could make out some nearly indiscernible features to the South-East. A small mountain range is in the center of the pseudo-island.

Spoiler: Alex Wilcza scenario (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Evan Dorendo Scenario (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robby Densen scenario (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Andrew Jhosh scenario (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:29:32 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2016, 08:33:20 am »

Once the actions and combat are resolved I'm going to move the time to night. During the day you guys were able to move up to 20kms each. Feel free to PM me regarding any questions or private/secret actions you want to do.

EDIT: That was not the edit button
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2016, 08:39:36 am »

I Go off to the [input what Gwolfski's direction], crushing and storeing some of the smaller trees.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2016, 08:44:30 am »

scurrle over to it and try to grab it with my normal mech hand. Then Ty to stuff it into he cargo container.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2016, 09:06:16 am »

Also of note is that the animals get named whatever the 'discoverer' wants to call them.
scurrle over to it and try to grab it with my normal mech hand. Then Ty to stuff it into he cargo container.
The animal looks at you quizzically as the mech ambles closer. When you're just outside grabbing distance it flares its tail feathers threateningly. It seems to be bigger than you! The tail feathers hum as they're shaken back and forth and - if they're anything like peacocks back home - two females and another male comes out from the bushes and, turning around in the cockpit, you can see another two with fan tails and another three without, all looking at you threateningly.

I Go off to the [input what Gwolfski's direction], crushing and storing some of the smaller trees.
The trees around here are massive monoliths, however you do find some deadfall and you manage to fel a tree by crushing it with your clamps. After acquiring 200kg of deadfall and sapling, you begin walking towards the mountain. You see some birds in the far distance, but nothing close to you.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2016, 09:07:20 am »

hmm... Grab the right foreleg and squeeze. If beast continues to attack, instead of trying to retreat, shoot it.

"Hello? Anyone else here alive? Cos a giant tiger is trying to kill me. I think I'll call it a Blood fang. If someone is bored, they can put that in Latin. Hello? Can anyone hear this?

edit: Shoot at the ground close to the animal first to try scare it away
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:09:43 am by Gwolfski »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2016, 09:15:23 am »

hmm... Grab the right foreleg and squeeze. If beast continues to attack, instead of trying to retreat, shoot it.

"Hello? Anyone else here alive? Cos a giant tiger is trying to kill me. I think I'll call it a Blood fang. If someone is bored, they can put that in Latin. Hello? Can anyone hear this?
EDIT: The coilgun bolt passes well clear of the Blood Fang, but the thing is already in the air.

1d6=5
you catch the 'blood fang' in midair, the inertia alone staggering you [5-1 still >2] and you become dangerously aware of how high up you are - it wouldn't kill you, but it wouldn't tickle either. You tighten your clamp's grip on the leg and the blood fang howls in pain (7 damage), writhing and trying to break free.
CHRU-5 (25/35)
'Blood Fang' (9/16HP)

((Nobody is in range of anyone for radio yet))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:17:08 am by Insanegame27 »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2016, 09:21:39 am »

release. If it runs away, let it. If it doesn't and keeps on attacking, shoot. If attack ceases, try to get a picture using the mech's onboard electronics. And walk away from the edge

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 09:27:32 am »

release. If it runs away, let it. If it doesn't and keeps on attacking, shoot. If attack ceases, try to get a picture using the mech's onboard electronics. And walk away from the edge
The Blood Fang falls to the ground heavily and limps back to safety. It whines a little as you step towards it and away from the edge. It begins licking its wounds all the while keeping one eye trained on you as though you may attack it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:32:01 am by Insanegame27 »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 09:48:36 am »

Take some time to look at the Blood Fang, examine surroundings thoroughly. Think about food.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 10:07:24 am »

Take some time to look at the Blood Fang, examine surroundings thoroughly. Think about food.
The blood fang is exactly as shown in the picture, except it is wounded pretty severely. There seems to be no more immediate danger, just so long as you don't fall. At the angle the mountain is at, it's not actually falling that worries you, it's that its steep enough to be unclimbable in a bipedal mech and when you start rolling, you wouldn't stop until the bottom. You happen to have found a flat part, though, about halfway up. Looking out, you can see clouds below you and above you.
You disengage the controls and reach around to see what you have in the way of food, all the while keeping a close eye on the Blood Fang. You find a cooler bag with about ten kilograms of beef jerky inside. There's a few bottles of water and some chocolate, too. Under a bunch of the Jerky there are ration packs
It wouldn't last forever, but hopefully it would last for long enough.

You notice that the blood fang is trying to limp towards a small cave, nigh indiscernible from the surrounding rock, which you would have missed if you had not seen the Blood Fang slip inside. It'll be dark soon.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 10:21:41 am »

Follow it. If it is hiding there, it must be less unsafe than outside. Move calmly, and don't step on the Blood Fang. Turn on the lights in the mech.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 11:02:32 am »

Keep going towards him.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2016, 11:14:35 am »

move towards it still. Move slowly.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3