Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57827 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 3 - A Certain Deadliness
« Reply #300 on: June 24, 2016, 01:44:26 am »

BHK: How did you plan giving others stuff? ._. I am embarrassed to ask.
??? If you're asking who I plan to give my matches to, I'll give one to TBF and I think someone else who I can't remember.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:55 am »

:-[
...But you said you gave one to Fillipk and then forgot to give to TBF earlier. o_o
My question was more probably me overthinking but its on the action order, since you moved and all. x3

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 24, 2016, 01:53:52 am »

:-[
...But you said you gave one to Fillipk and then forgot to give to TBF earlier. o_o
My question was more probably me overthinking but its on the action order, since you moved and all. x3
So give a match to TBF, hope you don't die (unless you're an assassin), and what else?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 24, 2016, 01:57:06 am »

Um...who is that to and on what line of thought?

NQT: What happens if you give a person something and they're not in the room or have moved recently but were in the room before the action phase happened?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 24, 2016, 02:05:20 am »

Um...who is that to and on what line of thought?
You're bleeding out, which is bad, unless you're an assassin, then it's good. I'm asking if anyone else but TBF needs a match so I know what to do with my actions.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 24, 2016, 08:16:30 am »

I checked the three statues in the statue hall and the delicate mural. My result:

You look at the assassin, a lifelike statue of a cold-eyed killer. You take from her stone hands:

Garotte Handles: A pair of garotte handles, the rope between them long since rotted away.

Interesting. No use is listed for it, but it might be usable if someone else had rope. And of course, one of the scum probably has a working one of these.

Also on the assassin you find hidden this message (which you pocket):

Message [eat/place]: "Teneb has not revealed potentially pertinent information to his fellow explorers."

That's great, but Teneb can't tell us anything now. Someone should check his body tonight.
(also, apparantly I can eat the message?)

The statue of the priest is remarkably lifelike. He appears to be reading something, but whatever he was reading is no longer there.

Someone got to this before me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone also got to the mural first.

You search the spearman, a hardy warrior. You take from his hands:

Spear haft [Prod/Hit/Prop Up (someone/something)] A long metal pole, very hefty.

I now have a long metal pole. OK? I can also prop stuff up, which seems important.
[/quote]
 I find it sort of suspicious that a Message about Teneb exists in an age-old temple. Could you please tell me in what order you did your actions last round?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 24, 2016, 09:08:41 am »

Quick query: Persus, how were you attacked?
I got stabbed in the leg.

What happened to you to cause Bleeding Out?

Tomasque Actions mostly happen in the order that they are sent in. Its entirely possible someone wrote that message on the statue before it was searched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 24, 2016, 09:22:45 am »

Tomasque Actions mostly happen in the order that they are sent in. Its entirely possible someone wrote that message on the statue before it was searched.
Exactly, and I'm trying to figure out the intricacies of who did it.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2016, 09:34:03 am »

Quick query: Persus, how were you attacked?
I got stabbed in the leg.

What happened to you to cause Bleeding Out?

Oh. I was thinking there was a pattern >_>
I was gouged the stomach.
Well...I still AM. :V Keeping my guts in I believe.
ARGH MY PERITONEUM!

Exactly, and I'm trying to figure out the intricacies of who did it.
You should ponder that this can only be done by comparing YOUR action suborder--and the possibilities of anyone else in varying speeds; like, if on the second subslot, there's a possibility for anyone to move and write (must be faster than yours) to get that in, but if on the first subslot, everyone in the room and only that is the limit of possibilities. That's why I'm so keen on action order in my posts back there :^

Also it pretty much helps town/explorers in being that detailed a TON more than assassins as an aside. >_> Although I do understand the need for someone to keep covert considering that, if that's written by someone, that person knows pretty much more than is known (ie Knows their items). I would lean on the idea that it was written by scum though--given that the strangle is the signature mood of assassins (unless they killed their own for...some reason and then took their stuff).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2016, 11:50:18 am »

NQT: Please describe the indigestion status effect. What does it do pertaining to any effect on the action suborder or appearance in the phase description.
It... was a joke Tiruin. The whole game takes place during the day time: there is no evening. Eating a message effectively destroys it, but it takes up an action.

And in a hypothetical situation: What happens if a living person is prodded with a ten-foot long metal pole?[/b]
If there was such an item with such an action, then it'd be quite likely they'll know they've been prodded. Only way to know for sure would be to try it.

NQT: What happens if you give a person something and they're not in the room or have moved recently but were in the room before the action phase happened?
If you try and give a person an item, it will only succeed if they are in the same room during that action sub-phase. It doesn't matter if they're in the same room earlier on or later, the action will still fail if they're not there when you try to give them the item.

As giving is not an action listed on an item, you can attempt to give the same item to someone (or different people) multiple times in a phase.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2016, 01:07:38 pm »

So here's my plan
Action 1. Light Match
Action 2. Light Candle
Action 3. Heal
Action 4. I don't know, probably wait or something, hey has anyone searched the vines in the nexus yet?

That should line everything up so I can get a light and save you

Guys I think we need to figure out how to keep moving forward, remember all we have to do is get into the tomb and escape with treasure.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2016, 04:06:41 pm »

The statue room doesn't appear to have any other connected rooms other than the initial one. There's apparently a room some direction (southeast?) of the Nexus and then there's a fragile brick wall (that I'll hit tonight) that's there. Correct?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2016, 04:23:38 pm »

Yeah, the Statue Hall is to the southeast and the Embalming Room is to the northeast. Since nothing seems to be linked to anything further, I guess there's something to do with one of the paired things to open another door.

If two people search both the panels at the same time, maybe something will get triggered?

Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 24, 2016, 05:42:08 pm »

Tiruin: Why do want to be the one to break a hole in the wall? You mentioned that I should give the pole to you several times but never really said why.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 24, 2016, 06:57:44 pm »

Tiruin: Why do want to be the one to break a hole in the wall? You mentioned that I should give the pole to you several times but never really said why.
Its more to the fact that she's already going there to get healed by me because I'm not going to the statue room, but yes it would be better if you can just come over and break it down so we have more actions to go into the room.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 43