Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57856 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 3 - A Certain Deadliness
« Reply #285 on: June 23, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

I depressed the tile as I entered the embalming room. It did NOT trigger anything noticeable in the room, so I believe the cause of the bleeding out to be someone with a weapon.
I also seem to get the most interesting and useless items, such as a obvious reference to Dr.Jones.
...? Just out of curiosity, what is it?
What is Indiana Jones never without? What has he occasionally risked life and limb to retrieve just so he can keep it on him? It sure as heck isn't his whip.
Why do you softclaim too? :P It's very different from 4mask/my claims because you're giving a theme without a game mechanic idea.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 23, 2016, 08:37:47 pm »

TBF/NQT: I'm assuming the retcon went along the normal line of actions right?
All actions happened in the correct order, yes.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 23, 2016, 08:38:24 pm »

I gave fillipk a match, went to the statue hall, and waited. Tiruin is bleeding out, Teneb died, and Persus rose from the dead. What.
BHK: Why are you softclaiming your items from before
> Why are you WAITING and not searching (or anything else--I'm suspecting you stabbed me :v but that's me being silly since I was stabbed as a first-ish action it seems); also why didn't you give TBF a match?

BHK:  Why didn't you give matches to everyone that needed one?
Tell me who needed them? The only person who mentioned needing matches was fillipk.
...You forgot that TBF was asking for matches really much? :P ALSO That we made an effort to note that TBF AND FILLIPK had lanterns?
You did notice that, yes? :O
1. Why wouldn't I cooperate and claim my item?
2. I'm assuming that people have already searched everything of value.
3. I forgot.
4. I forgot.
5. Yes, I forgot.
6. I noticed, and then forgot. I can't access my notes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2016, 09:03:53 pm »

1. Why wouldn't I cooperate and claim my item?
Not asking you to, dude. :P Just saying that your mention of NOTICING Roo in a movement between rooms infers or implies some sort of mechanism on your part--which is best termed as an item. Now that it's out, if you're an explorer, the assassin team can infer or think along those lines (because I believe they're of the idea of KILL US ALL or 'Find secret wincon'--of which I believe those clues hanging around the area bespeak of [ie Vatican note + Teneb thing on the Ass. Statue])

TDS: What action order was searching the Ass. Statue? Do you believe you are faster than anyone inscribing that note?
Because if that's the case--presuming TDS' search speed is higher than anyone's writing speed in the room given the Discussion Phase 2 people list, we've found a clue that was NATURALLY in game.
Meaning that these 'natural' clues are for the assassins or their secret wincon, as far as I presume.

Also I made a derp and Teneb is already searched. Oops my last post. :v Presuming that the killer was the one who searched it since...it'll be REALLY weird considering the lack of scumchat and that you've to make an action to send a message to others that is ONLY given once the phase is over, that anyone else would queue up a search order post-kill. Unless said message has happened beforehand; real doubtful on that though.

But that also means that any assassin will have to infer from what their buddies say in the DISCUSSION PHASE, so that's double-time depth reading into their statements.

NQT: What happens when you 'eat' a message btw? Also does 'prod' (ie That Spearman Stat's Pole) mean 'prod something lightly, like an obscure pool or a trap to possibly trigger it' or something? Can actions be used for more than one discernable usage? (eg Prod corpse)

3. I forgot.
4. I forgot.
5. Yes, I forgot.
6. I noticed, and then forgot. I can't access my notes.
That's 2 more than the 4 actions you've got. :P
But yeah. *pat pat hug*

Still need notes on what has been explored and what hasn't been explored. :-\

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 23, 2016, 09:22:26 pm »

Come to me, and since moving is last that can be your first action as well as getting the metal pole.

And painkillers make you feel less pain which is kind of obvious.

Is anyone else coming back into our room to help figure out what is behind the brickwork?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 23, 2016, 10:25:05 pm »

NQT: What happens when you 'eat' a message btw? Also does 'prod' (ie That Spearman Stat's Pole) mean 'prod something lightly, like an obscure pool or a trap to possibly trigger it' or something? Can actions be used for more than one discernable usage? (eg Prod corpse)
You get indigestion later in the evening. You'll have to find out by trying. Yes, actions might have a different effect on different targets.

Also, regarding your earlier question about searching openings: you can search anything in bold in a room description.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:38 pm »

You get indigestion later in the evening. You'll have to find out by trying. Yes, actions might have a different effect on different targets.

Also, regarding your earlier question about searching openings: you can search anything in bold in a room description.
NQT: Please describe the indigestion status effect. What does it do pertaining to any effect on the action suborder or appearance in the phase description.

And in a hypothetical situation: What happens if a living person is prodded with a ten-foot long metal pole?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 23, 2016, 11:46:52 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that eating a message destroys it, preventing it from being found on the player's corpse if they die, to allow for secret communication between players (particularly cultists).  I haven't received any messages and thus can't test that, but given what this game is I consider it likely.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 23, 2016, 11:49:46 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that eating a message destroys it, preventing it from being found on the player's corpse if they die, to allow for secret communication between players (particularly cultists).  I haven't received any messages and thus can't test that, but given what this game is I consider it likely.
Is this a freudian slip I detect? What's this bit 'bout cultists? I thought NQT mentioned that there are no third parties here?

...Has anyone found a message before today?
Fillipk: I remember you finding a message somewhere that I can't check at the moment because of busyness. Was it edible?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 23, 2016, 11:52:19 pm »

The scum team is the cultists of Nak'Leth, if you haven't noticed from GM posts.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2016, 11:55:58 pm »

From the OP
Hidden among your number is a small cadre of elite assassins, worshippers of Nak Leth who have sworn to protect the tomb of their God King at all costs.
This sounds a lot like a classic cult to me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2016, 11:58:09 pm »

From the OP
Hidden among your number is a small cadre of elite assassins, worshippers of Nak Leth who have sworn to protect the tomb of their God King at all costs.
This sounds a lot like a classic cult to me.
Ooooooooooooooooooooooh .___.
I just had in mind 'assassins wanna keel us all' and didn't think about anything else than that. Well.
Now rethinking the statues give me a better inference (ie The priest seems to make sense now O_o).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 24, 2016, 01:18:42 am »

Quick query: Persus, how were you attacked?

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 24, 2016, 01:20:12 am »

Is this a freudian slip I detect? What's this bit 'bout cultists? I thought NQT mentioned that there are no third parties here?

...Has anyone found a message before today?
Fillipk: I remember you finding a message somewhere that I can't check at the moment because of busyness. Was it edible?
No because it was carved on the statue, if you want I can use an action to write you a message and we can check that way.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2016, 01:27:21 am »

No because it was carved on the statue, if you want I can use an action to write you a message and we can check that way.
Unless TDS gives me the pole so I can act, I'll just move over there on my SECOND ACTION SLOT. Spending my first on deez boots so it's assured I gtfo right. (Seriousness aside--I'm ensuring I get there by substituting my speeds. :X)
If I die, someone hit me in the first action :^
Third and fourth are...uh, well. Breaking that door down?
TDS: Please give me that pole since I've nothing else to do?

Fillipk: Light that lamp as your first action--I'm betting the assassins (if ever) will aim for you probably since you're the only light source with a light and any action AFTER the second will mean they can attack (ie third or fourth, most likely the third); I'll arrive there quick as my second and...make some musical noise? V:

Probably commit a heal action on me as your third action since that's what's best. My MOV will be off the charts on the second so... your writing speed could work as 2nd action. (if you're going to write to me given what you said in that post up there?)

BHK: How did you plan giving others stuff? ._. I am embarrassed to ask.

Those slabs in the Embalming room (which I notice I DID miss!)
The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a toppled pillar, a deep pool, a heap of vines in front of a passage to the northeast. A scuffed Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of the disturbed brickwork of the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is dimly illuminated by the opening back east.
Well. 2 entrances. No rooms past that. Guess we've to splat that wall.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43