Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57675 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 1 - The Overgrown Nexus
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2016, 10:20:29 am »

NQT: What would happen if someone left through the Opening tonight?
The action would fail (but not give Urgency) as the tomb has not been entered yet.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 10:26:44 am »

4mask: If you had to shoot someone right now, who would it be?
You, for forcing me to choose.  I'm not one of those vigilantes who takes their shots lightly.

More after breakfast.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:47 pm »

Roo checking in
Or not it's cool.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2016, 12:34:14 pm »

Who wants the Medkit?

Persus: When do you think it makes sense to claim action speed?
When its relevant to the game. I don't know what that'll look like for a bit.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2016, 12:43:53 pm »

I guess I'll take the Medkit?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2016, 12:59:29 pm »

ZU: Why did you kill NQT?
I didn't do it!

I guess I'll take the Medkit?
Why do you want the medkit?

We should probably figure out what to do in the puzzle phase since that seems to be the meat of the game. So there are 6 things to interact with
  • crumbling pillar
  • deep pool
  • growth of vines
  • statue of nak leth
  • opening out to the east
  • NQT's body

I guess if anyone has any items that have an obvious way to use on these items (like a machete to cut the vines) they should do that. We should probably all search at least 2 or 3 things before moving to the next room.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2016, 12:59:55 pm »

I won't be able to do any sort of meaningful post today due to Stuff. From tomorrow and onward, though, expect full participation.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2016, 01:56:34 pm »

Tomasque: Do you think we should do an item massclaim? Why/why not?
For the purposes of finding scum it would do far more harm than good, for the following reasons:
 1. It allows scum to plan around people's items. If they know a person has no weapons, they might target them first.
 2. It allows scum to get the best items. It is very possible even that one of us holds an item that seems useless to us, but that the scum know is key to solving a puzzle.
 3. It allows the scum to lie about what items they have, making them blending in easier. I, an adventurer, am allowed to ask for fake flavor text, I assume the scum will be allowed to do the same.
 4. It could compulse adventurers into lying about their key items early on, which could backfire on them later.
Note: Expect a lot of formatting from me - I'll probably have a lot of time on my hands, and I like to write things neat and orderly.

However, I would definitely support people claiming items if those items could help us solve puzzles. For instance: "I have a *insert item here* that we could use to cut those vines / dredge the pool / move the statue / etc." That would be pretty darn helpful.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2016, 01:58:04 pm »

@ZU:I don't really, but I figure, if nobody else does.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2016, 02:09:54 pm »

So this started.

griffinpup: When would you pass a message?
Persus: When do you think it makes sense to claim action speed?
ZU: Why did you kill NQT?
4mask: If you had to shoot someone right now, who would it be?
Tomasque: Do you think we should do an item massclaim? Why/why not?
Roo: Do you think there are third parties in this game?

NQT: What would happen if someone left through the Opening tonight?
DarkStar: How come you asked everyone else questions but me? Am I beneath your attention, as opposed to the others who you have seen and know to some extent?

BiggerFish: Should we stick together, or split into smaller groups for the purposes of exploring? Smaller groups means we could cover more ground in the temple, but risks the scum trying to kill us off sooner too. Sticking together on the other hand has the potential to bog us down if the solution to a puzzle lies in another room.

Tomasque: If I told you that I could arm and disarm traps, what would you suspect my second tool/ability to be?

Zombie Urist: What have you done, then?

Anyone/everyone: If you could ask me a single question and receive an answer that is nothing but the truth, what would it be?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2016, 02:13:41 pm »

DarkStar: How come you asked everyone else questions but me? Am I beneath your attention, as opposed to the others who you have seen and know to some extent?

I asked questions to the first several people on the list. There are several other players that did not get questioned by me.

Anyone/everyone: If you could ask me a single question and receive an answer that is nothing but the truth, what would it be?

"Are you an assassin?"
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »

Tomasque: If I told you that I could arm and disarm traps, what would you suspect my second tool/ability to be?
Well, since your primary seems like something thiefy and is a support item only (helps the whole team more than just you), I'd say you probably have another thieflike item that has not-just-support actions:

-Crowbar (Hit / Leverage)
 -Knife (Stab / Throw)
 -Flashlight (Toggle / Remove Batteries)
 -Golden Figurine (Throw / Hit)
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2016, 02:56:34 pm »

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2016, 02:58:21 pm »

Alright. I think a good way to start is to organize who interacts with what. I'll interact with either the pillar or the statue.
...either?

You're a paranoid sort, huh?  :P
Money!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2016, 03:20:46 pm »

Well, since your primary seems like something thiefy and is a support item only (helps the whole team more than just you), I'd say you probably have another thieflike item that has not-just-support actions:

-Crowbar (Hit / Leverage)
 -Knife (Stab / Throw)
 -Flashlight (Toggle / Remove Batteries)
 -Golden Figurine (Throw / Hit)

If only we lived in an ideal world...
In that case, What would you do with a Pickle?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 43