Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Wilds.io  (Read 5294 times)

greatorder

Wilds.io
« on: June 08, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »

Since the .io games seem to be popular, I discovered a simple hack and slash .io game (http://wilds.io/). Controls are pretty easy, 1 is for health potions, 2 for adrenaline, q for bombs and e for throwing knives.

Left click is a basic attack, right click is a kick. Scroll up to do a roll (knocks enemies down) and scroll down to block. Hold right click to charge, and hold right click and scroll up to send a shockwave. Space lets you jump, not much use for it honestly aside from jumping over SOME obstacles and shockwaves.

That's it for the basic class, never played the berserker, so I have no clue what they're like, aside from them having a spinning charge attack and more health than the base class.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wilds.io
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 04:28:01 pm »

For an ".io" game this game is looking very very good.

Unfortunately it's also pretty pay-to-win, looking at the hero you get for supporting the game. That hero is faster, has more health and a higher attack speed. Yeaaah sure. :)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 04:34:42 pm »

Why does rolling make you roll towards your cursor and not in the direction you're moving?
Also those goblin things are fucking annoying.

Edit: The collision detection on items isn't very good, either. I think I'll go watch Netflix instead.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 04:50:42 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »

Spoiler: Whee. (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 06:31:18 pm »

Which server are y'all on?

Edit: Does anyone know why rolling sometimes makes you fall over for seemingly no reason?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:33:38 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 07:45:33 pm »

Some hints from someone who's apparently learned faster than others on the servers I've been on.

1. Read the manual to learn all the specials.
2. A succesfull block allows enough time to get in a free hit before they can counter.
3. Rolling into enemies damages them, you can stunlock them like this though it is a bit scummy.
4. Kick + Bomb = hilarity.
5. Jump to avoid enemy shockwaves.
6. You can return daggers to sender by kicking them.
7. You can drop items towards your mouse pointer by holding down the relevant key (1 for potions, 2 for buff potions, q for bombs, etc).
8. Charging/Rolling into obstacles damages you.
9. Shockwaves disable active bombs.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 07:58:36 pm »

The shockwave also sets off the bombs as well if they are on the ground. ( i.e. they go to pick it up and you shockwave it)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 08:49:01 pm by choppy »

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »

I suggest you play as much as you can right now, last server I was on had 4 berserkers.

So unless you're planning to pay, don't expect to stick around too long.

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »

I do not really like the latest update though. Damaging with rolls and to much HP for everyone. The think with the berserks is that they can not block. So they end up eating daggers pretty badly.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 08:56:29 pm »

We should start a tribe named Bay12.
Booze is Life for Yoink

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2016, 08:56:42 pm »

Trackpad on my laptop, combined with the lack of control remapping, makes the whole thing a bit unplayable for me, unfortunately.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 08:42:16 am »

Seems like DF.io is one of the next steps in evolution of these games...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2016, 09:27:39 am »

This is sorta a decently fun game. I just had my best run, 2535, which I think is pretty good. I think if I had kept playing after death I could have died another time or two and still been top score. Ended by a potion frog of all things. Things I've learned:

Rolling for stun locks is fun but it's not as powerful as it first seems. You'll do like, one damage a hit, and often be hit back if you don't get absolutely perfect stun lock, loosing trade against anyone who doesn't panic. 

Yellow potion is by far the most powerful thing in the game, pop it right before a hard fight for instant win. I've taken down multiple enemies when I was only on one health with the yellow potion pretty easily.

There's some system behind damage I don't totally understand. Rolling does one, most hits do 2, but I've seen hits do up to 4. I think maybe movement and facing matter, hit them in the back for extra damage? Maybe.

There seems to be some like, almost minibash if you hit someone in the back? Like damage this isn't something I totally understand, but it seems possible to just 123 kill a dude if you get in the right angle on his back, I've both done it and had it done to me multiple times, so there's certainly something there even if I don't totally understand it. Ether way, once I stopped trying to stun lock and started trying to go for these back attacks is when I stopped hanging around the 500-1000 score area and started into the multiple thousands.

Edit: The one time I played against a bezerker I fought him mostly using stunlocks, which seemed to work out, and considering their ridiculousness in a straight up fight, it's possible stunlocking them is still the better option... But for just normal dudes I think it's just an overly fancy way to die.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 09:32:04 am by Criptfeind »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2016, 10:47:16 am »

Turned on.
Realized i have a flag telling everyone what country i'm from.
Got instantly raped by 2 turks.
Game told me to git gud.
Respawn.
I killed one guy and some goblin thing.
Got a health potion.
Some Romanian asks "Heal plz"
I have no clue how to heal him and drink my potion.
Romanian guy is angry.
The turks come back.
Turned game off.

The game didn't really click with me and high latency melee combat is not a good idea in any way shape or form.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2016, 04:13:45 pm »

Whew. Alright, I think this is my favorite io game yet. I just hit a new record of 4989. Really fun game, I think my favorite way to kill people is to stun them, then drop a mine and scamper away, nothing as hilarious as someone scrambling to escape the blast radius and just baaaaarely failing.

Edit: Well, I guess there is one thing. Dropping a mine on a stunned dude and three of your not stunned allies trying to hit him well he is down, and then all four of them die in the explosion. That's probably even funnier.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:20:46 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: [1] 2