Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Experimental Quest] Wuxia Fight  (Read 1640 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
[Experimental Quest] Wuxia Fight
« on: June 07, 2016, 01:13:49 am »

The tempest roils, dark clouds churn. Lightning crackle and roar. The ancient tree stands sentinel, its branches swaying in the storm. Smooth stone floor, flooded with rain, cold beneath your bare feet.

A tear in space and time forms, the robed figure of the Witch steps out.

"Fool, your choice of arena will not help you." she hisses, dropping into martial stance.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waiting List (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:24:51 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental SG] Wuxia Fight
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 01:15:02 am »

Posting to watch.
Should we post a starting action, or just line up to be chosen?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 01:15:36 am »

In I guess, add me to the pool.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2016, 01:21:10 am »

Posting to watch.
Should we post a starting action, or just line up to be chosen?
Starting action too, pumpkin. :3
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2016, 05:02:15 am »

We listen to the roar of the thunder, the whisper of the tree's leaves, the droning of the rain...We fall into a stance, low and defensive, because our body is not our true strength; the Witch, as a being beyond this world, would fall to your mastery of it. We wait for her to strike and retaliate with Earth's fury.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 05:09:41 am »

NRDL was picked first, but I don't feel like waiting for an action, so yeah. Hopefully things will be more expeditious later.

flame99: We listen to the roar of the thunder, the whisper of the tree's leaves, the droning of the rain...We fall into a stance, low and defensive, because our body is not our true strength; the Witch, as a being beyond this world, would fall to your mastery of it. We wait for her to strike and retaliate with Earth's fury.

You crouch into a defensive stance, a palm outstretched towards the Witch passively, a challenge. Nature roars, the dendritic sentinel judges both combatants impassively. The raindrops fall on your face, falling in rivulets down your face and body, threatening to blind you momentarily. The Witch, despite her corporeal appearance, was dry.

"Seven Serpentine Slashes, Slayer of Dogma." the Witch whispers, announcing her form as she flew toward you like a gust of wind, her hand grasped some unseen weapon. Raindrops freeze into ice as they pass through the Witch's blade of pure cold, as she lunges at you!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 05:16:41 am »

Thunder roared. Lightning strikes in between the two, stopping the advance of the Witch, and leaving her vision dazzled--if she has mortal eyes. "Final seal of the World's Sentinel." We almost whisper these words, though they carry unnaturally well over the peal of thunder and whisper of rain. We begin to stalk forward, retaining our defensive stance, trying to keep our back to the vast tree.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 09:44:52 pm »

If alive, waitlist please. If dead, then still waitlist.
Max avatar size is 80x80

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 10:21:51 pm »

Cinder is my favourite Bay12er.

Waitlist, please.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:30:03 pm »

Waitlist: Patch up the tear in space and time; pretend the Witch isn't there.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: [Experimental Quest] Wuxia Fight
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 12:47:20 am »

The standard suggestion format with one person seems to turn this into a roleplay, so I'll be trying a quest-like format.

Also, note that you guys are free to give the player your suggestions, as well as discuss things,

Lightning bears down like a furious spear, furrowing the rain-soaked ground with heat and electricity. The Witch turns her gaze away, and takes to the air. You attune your body, and the electricity flows through you harmlessly.

The water explodes into steam, their scalding heat turning some of the raindrops also into steam. You track the Witch's movement in the mist without your sight. The frostbite blade feasts on the precipitation it touches, and you sense the coldness... splitting?

"You are only delaying the inevitable. Call upon nature all you want, but it has no dominion over me." the Witch sneered in a voice that is coming from multiple directions.

Of course, that was a given. The Witch is indomitable by those from this world. Hence why you have travelled to other worlds to train.

• You have trained with the Flayed Knights, terrifying beast-people whose mortified flesh is a fortress to any blows.
  • You have trained with the Howling Sages, reclusive hermits whose speech can destroy minds and matter.
  • You have trained with the Witch's former teacher, who had tasked you with ending her errant student's misuse of her knowledge, and to guide the flow of energy in the world.
  • You have trained with the Smoke Dancers, acrobat-assassins that break with their pyrotechnics what their fists and their feet cannot.
  • (Something else: write in)

The Witch is advancing on you, there seem to be seven of her behind the mist. Counter-attack is the only option. But she likely won't expect you to use foreign arts.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 01:03:06 am »

We were trained by the Smoke Dancers, but not only in their ways of combat; we were trained in subtlety and patience as well. "Perhaps we shall see about that!" We take the offensive, surging forth, knowing that she would attempt to counterattack. We're prepared for this, and for the time we're still mimicking our former style; and, once she was confident, we would strike in the style of the quick and nimble Smoke Dancers, defeating her before she would even realize it.

(unless, of course, someone has a better suggestion)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2016, 06:16:43 pm »

We were trained by the Smoke Dancers, but not only in their ways of combat; we were trained in subtlety and patience as well. "Perhaps we shall see about that!" We take the offensive, surging forth, knowing that she would attempt to counterattack. We're prepared for this, and for the time we're still mimicking our former style; and, once she was confident, we would strike in the style of the quick and nimble Smoke Dancers, defeating her before she would even realize it.

(unless, of course, someone has a better suggestion)
I know we aren't supposed to vote officially, but I see nothing wrong with this vote at all.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 10:07:23 am »

Well then. Another Cinder SG.

This is already shaping up to be, in a word, pretty cool.

Yes. I know.  That was two words.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 09:11:02 am »

The Firebrand Haberdasher, your teacher of the Smoke Dancing arts, once said the the beauty of their assassins come from the honesty of their assault. Bomb their way to the target, and bludgeon them to death with household objects. While Zhaoshi does things with more finesse, doesn’t usually murder people, and usually doesn’t bludgeon people to death with vases, the concepts of honesty and raw power are important to its execution.

That was how the Witch killed your master. You will not make the same mistake.

As you leap up from your crouch like a tiger, you focus your ki and thrust your palm outwards, pushing away the mist and revealing the six shadows and the Witch. The shadows, pure-black apparitions of sable nightmares, fixs their smoldering crimson eyes at you as their readied their burning blades, a counterpoint to their leader’s blade of frost.

You unleash the power of Kung Fu, ignoring the Witches’ mocking, almost lazy dodges as they guessed all of your moves. You play completely by the books, keeping the role of the stubborn warrior as best as you can while avoiding the blades.

It’s time. As the seventh slash of the real Witch whistles past you, as the shadows dissipate and the Witch closes in for the kill, you see her lips move, “Oh, you foo-”

You don’t let her finish. The Witch bit on her false-tongue as your skull collided with full force at her chin. Not giving her time to recover, you grapple her by the waist.

“Iron-chain Vertebreaker!” you shouted, as you dropped down and hefted her into the air, then slammed her face-first into the ground. There was a sickening crack as she collided with the smooth stone.

However, before you could exult in your victory, the Witch dissipated into mist, escaping back into the portal.

“No!” you shouted, running after her, jumping into the portal-

“Wait! Hold it!”

“What? The story’s not over-”

“You’re kind of getting really fanon. We didn’t have any confirmation that the Smoke Dancers used Lucha Libre, dude.”

“It wasn’t Luch-”

“You know what, you should write three more versions of this segment. Then we can figure out which one is the best one.”

“That sounds kind of…”

“Great! Let’s do it!”

“I mean…”

“Cmon! What’re you waiting for.”

“*sigh*”

Chapter 1: Hero's End?

The tempest roils, dark clouds churn. Lightning crackle and roar. The ancient tree stands sentinel, its branches swaying in the storm. Smooth stone floor, flooded with rain, cold beneath your bare feet.

A tear in space and time forms, the robed figure of the Witch steps out.

"Fool, your choice of arena will not help you." she hisses, dropping into martial stance.

[Leaving this here to hype up first. I'll roll for the player tomorrow.]

Pages: [1] 2