Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Vampire: Progenitor (Multiplayer Suggestion Game...i guess?)  (Read 2853 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

While Tankery is all fine and good i need something else every now and then lest i go insane.
Anyway, what is this?

This is a roleplaying/suggestion game in which the first player will be the first vampire ever created. As you continue to play that character he will undoubtedly bring more vampires into the world which will be taken over by other players. From there on out things get...interesting.

Obviously as the first of Vampires you will be born into the very beginning of Human History. How early? Well that really depends on your application.

Send me an pm with a description of your character, who he is (maybe even what he is), if you want you can already have a backstory as to how he became a vampire and if it is better then what i have planned we will go with that. Otherwise the character should have a starting place, maybe a tribe or civilization he belongs to ( or even a race if you want to go as far back as neanderthals).

You should also submit a secondary character to be chosen in case you dont get to be the progenitor. You will be randomly introduced as our first vampire starts making new ones.

But how do Vampires function in this universe? That is part of the game, you are thrown into a new life with no one before you to have trodden the path, everything has to be found out by you yourself.
While we will start with vanilla earth and go by historical timeline you can influence it heavily and also cause more supernatural things than just vampires to come into existence. But that is far off for now.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: Progenitor (Multiplayer Suggestion Game...i guess?)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 04:22:35 pm »

I IS NOW SPARKLY AND EMO! YAY!

I am basically your average 16 year old kid, who's village is burned down by a enemy tribe. As the sole survivor, i stumble away from the ruins, burnt and on the brink of death. I fall to the ground and go unconscious. Insert pact making here
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 04:27:27 pm »

Send me an pm with a description of your character

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 05:59:29 pm »

Don't mind if i PTW.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:15:48 pm »

I'll send a PM.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:19:17 pm »

PM sent.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 07:28:47 pm »

PM'd.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 08:26:51 pm »

Just pm'd my app. Posting it here, too.

Tes'halla, born 10'035 BC/E. 'Died' 10'016 BC/E
       Tes'halla was born in a time where his peoples were changing. They had slowly began to farm, using plants for more plants and animals for more animals. Still, the times still focused on strength and intelligence. In their times of weakness, people would beg for the favor of the gods. When his tribe faced a drought, they called upon the great ones to save them.
      This attracted the attention of two major gods, opposite, but not direct enemies. Pesmon, god of death and malice, and Besan, goddess of life and forgiveness. They made a pact to save the tribespeople in exchange for a child. The prophet would have a destiny to serve either Pesmon or Besam, spreading the religion around the world. The people agreed in their time of need.
       Soon after, a child was born. This was a surprise, as it came from the barren shaman. She had realized that her calling of a miracle had worked. The tribe rejoiced that a prophet was born and water and rain flowed freely. Unbeknownst to the tribespeople, the gods already planned to influence the boy, now named Tes'halla.
       When he was a boy, Tes'halla was renowned in his tribe for the great destiny he carried. He alone would decide if a god of death or life would be known to the people. This made him, frankly, quite arrogant and overconfident. He received two gifts from the respective gods: A tattoo that covered his body, which allowed him to kill even the largest beast with incredible speed and strength. And energy in his hands to save beings from disease, pain, and fatal injuries.
       A great warrior and healer, Tes'halla constantly felt the call of his destiny. He saw the two gods, but he truthfully did not feel his destiny was with them. He yearned to be free of such constraints, and do as he pleased. Power corrupted, and gods held absolute power. So, were all gods truly tyrants on high? Instead of focusing on his duties to become court shaman as an adolescent, he sought the attention of a young woman, Re'sona. They quickly came together, and nobody would interfere, seeing an increasingly cunning and violent Tes'halla.
       Soon, Re'sona was with child. The two gods noted this, angry that their prophet was shirking his duties. They contacted him, commanding him to focus on his goals. He denied them, and the two gods dissapeared from their prophet's sight. When he woke, he saw Re'sona crying and sobbing. Their unborn child had died.
       Tes'halla screamed in rage, wrath filling his body. He lit fire to the structures worshiping the gods, and killed the new shamans. The gods became more filled with hatred than ever, and decided to merge into one being and exact revenge. Pesan, new god of life and death, was stronger than both the former gods. It took the blessings and tattoos away, instead cursing Tes'halla. No matter how powerful he became, he would walk the Earth as a monster, hunting for blood, fearing the sun, silver, and holy symbols. Even if he died, he would be denied entry to become a spirit.
       As a parting gift, Pesan sent Tes'halla into a frenzy for blood. His consciousness was pushed to the bottom, and he had to watch the beast inside him slaughter his village. When he retook his body, he walked away in sadness and anger. After, he felt optimism. At least he could find a new home. With new abilities that he had yet to explore, he could do anything a mortal could, and more. Except for feeling the warm embrace of the sun...
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 08:56:37 pm »

So...This isn't so much an SG as it is a freeform?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 10:12:39 pm »

Yea, I guess, vampire chars for da win! Lemme writeup

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 08:53:51 am »

ptw

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 01:24:38 pm »

I might send a character PM once I see how this works. For now, I'll be watching.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 05:57:24 pm »

1350 BC, Mycenean Greece

The First Progenitor is surrounded by many legends. Some say the first vampire was Cain, cursed to eternal life after killing Able, others point at Lillith some even at Jesus Christ.

But the truth is far older. The truth is that the first vampire wasn't cursed for his rage, or for refusing to bow before a man. Nor was the first vampire chosen by the Christian God.

The First vampire defied the gods themselves. Her name was Arachne. Her tale is known to this day. A weaver of incredible skill Arachne was complimented that she must have learned from Athene herself.

In her pride she saw this not as a compliment but an insult and challenged the Goddess herself to a contest. The loser would never be allowed to weave again. Arachne won, her work outclassing even that of Athene, but she realized that she could never create a weave of such greatness, of such beauty and quality. So Arachne wove one last time, a rope with which to hang herself...

*CRACK*

This splitting sound reaches your ears a millisecond before your hand impacts the ground forcing every coherent thought from your asphyxiated brain. Dimly you curse the rope, aware that you weren't able to craft even a workable rope as your final piece of work.

It takes you a while to recover your mental faculties, no doubt impaired by lack of oxygen. Finally you notice that something is not right and you open your eyes...

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 06:12:48 pm »

((Not 100% what I was supposed to post here, so tell me if this is wrong please. That said, awesomeness, my progenitor got selected. Sorry for everyone else, I was always a fan of the Caine origin ala Worlds of Darkness. EDIT: Also, anyone got any recommendations for some authentic greek style fiction? Wanna immerse myself in the culture a bit so my roleplaying will be more authentic EDIT2: Not sure if spiders exist in this setting, since in some versions of the story, Arachne is the origin of spiders. I was thinking the weirdness of being a unique monster in a world where no spiders exist could be interesting, but up you Ghazkull))

Finally you notice that something is not right and you open your eyes...
Arachne shudders in revelation, as that simplest of acts, opening her eyes, was revealed to be impossible. Her eyes were already open, because she had no eyelids.

In dawning horror she stumbled to her feet, idly noticing that she had far too many legs, swaying on unfamiliar limbs as she caught disturbing glances of thick bristly hairs and gleaming carapace at the edges of her expanded field of vision.

In shock, Arachne blindly stumbled out of her house, planning to find water to look at her reflection in, at what she had become.

As she stared, petrified into a bucket of water, she found that she had no reflection. Arachne's shock slowly faded away, leaving only the grim certainty that this was the doing of the gods. Athene could not accept being bested by a mere mortal, and had cursed her in some way, turning her into a monster.

Even as Arachne wondered what her next step should be, she felt a terrible thirst overtake her. She needed to feed, and soon. Not quite consciously aware of what she was doing, Arachne started heading towards the nearby village that her cottage was on the outskirts of, guided by instinct.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 08:26:33 am by Demonic Spoon »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 07:31:47 am »

Limneaum was a village of less than a hundred souls at that time. Established between the Curalius and the Pamisus River it lived off of agriculture the ground quite fertile thanks to the nearby Mount Titanus.

It is a dark summer night, opressively warm and humid for greek standards, the night churning with the sound of cicadas adding further pressure to your already overhelming thirst.

Without the moon in the sky it is especially dark, something that doesn't seem to bother you at all as you easily pierce the darkness with your lidless eyes, there are three farms not within sight or earshot of the rest of the village.

Old Voskos farm, according to rumour a retired general, was the closest. The other two belonged to the two brothers Orgi and Thymos with their families. Both of them had fallen out a long time ago over a struggle for inheritance. Then again you could simply feast on Voskos goats instead or go hunting in the surroundings, you recall Thymos having recently had a fight with his brother over trampled fields claiming that he had intentionally goaded boar on his brothers land.

Spoiler:  Arachne (click to show/hide)

((OOC: UH yeah should have explained that better, basically Godhood style posting, you post your actions (preferably with roleplay) i give you the results and then you can roleplay them out and give me more actions.

Also apologies to all thsoe who have not been chosen in the end, it was a close race between three people, with pretty awesome ideas, in the end i was forced to roll a dice to figure out whom to take. Anyway you can still join as offspring once our Spider Lady creates her first vampires. If you are afriad that your character will suddenly turn into a massive spider once bitten, that is not the case, Arachne simply has recieved a worse curse than the rest of you will. Although some of you might end up with some unique changes to your bodies beyond just fangs))
Pages: [1] 2 3