Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Sovereign Of Stories: a Psudo-Competitive Storytelling Game [Replacements Open]  (Read 4286 times)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile

Introduction: King Robert the IV

King Robert the IV sits in his throne room, screams breaking through the thick grey bricks that make up the walls. A man in plate armor with a blue cape runs into the room. He bows to the king hurriedly, and tells him the rebels have breached the inner city wall. King Robert knew that was true from the screams he heard outside the kingdom, but he didn't want to admit to himself that his kingdom had fallen. King Robert shakily raises from his chair, as his old knees creak. "Fly the white flag, the war is over, kingdoms have no place in this new world." The Marshall shakes his head nervously, and leaves the throne room. King Robert lets out a cough and falls to his chair. Waiting for the rebels to apprehend him.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(If I am not mistaken, as 24h have passed and none interrupted or claimed, does it mean I can CLAIM as the one next on the list ?)

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(If I am not mistaken, as 24h have passed and none interrupted or claimed, does it mean I can CLAIM as the one next on the list ?)
correct, I shall even consider your post a claim.

For anyone unsure the order of play (which can be skipped with interrupts) is:
tntey
Nakéen
High tyrol
Fniff
FallacyofUrist
Griffinpup
then back to tntey

I have also made an OOC for the game here

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CLAIM: Rudolph the Red

Rudolf the Red, the esteemed Marshal of the kingdom, exits the room. An strong man of venerable age, with white hairs of wisdom and a flamboyant crimson armor and cape. His wrinkled face bears many scars, giving it the appearance of an old but still strong rock.
He holds in his right hand a magnificent spear passed down to every Marshals since times untold, and in his left hand he holds an equally beautiful shield that protected the Royal Family from many enemies.

He is fulminating with rage, barely restraining himself from lashing at the nearby guards.

"Those cursed rebels... I can't let the Robert Dynasty ends here. The King doesn't understand the consequences of his surrender ! There is only one thing left to do..."

Leaving with a brisk pace, he heads for the castle's underground, seeking the Archmage.
A man the same age as him, his best friend and brother at arms. Together they won war, and now, they will need to unite their forces to save the Kingdom from ruin.

"My friend. The Kingdom needs your help. I need your help. We must save the Kingdom before it is too late, and I am ready to bear the consequences of such an action. We must unseal it."

The Archmage hesitated for an instant. Should they unseal "IT" ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 02:10:51 pm by Nakéen »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Claim Interrupt!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interrupt: 4 Armed Snake Men
The Archmage, a large fat man with the beard of a true wizard gulps nervously. "You're right. It's time to release them." The Archmage searches through the many pockets of a wizard robe, and pulls out a small, golden key. He shuffles nervously to an iron door, with a small gold door knob. The Archmage unlocks the door and walks into a dark room that smells of mildew and dead animals. The Archmage says a few words and summons a ball of light, and guides it forward across the room. As it moves, footsteps can be heard. "My God" a group of scaly armor clad lizard men appear. There are about four of them, each wielding a weapon. The weapons glow with a blue aura, the aura of magic. The Archmage clicks his tongue, and the lizards nod in response. As the archmage does this, a knock is heard at his door. Who has knocked at the door?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Interrupt claim!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interrupt: Almighty Janitor (Character)
The knock grows into a pounding, then finally the door is kicked down by a horde of filthy peasants, waving pitchforks and torches. The lizards assemble around Rudolph the Red and the Archmage. The crowd parts, and a stalwart woman dressed in a servant's dress holding a mop stares the loyalists down. A piece of parchment is held in her hand; she glances at it.

"Greetings to the servants of the false king," she drones. "I was your head cleaner, but I saw the mistreatment of my people by the cruel hand of the king. It is with great sat... Sata..."

A voice from the crowd hisses "Satisfaction!"

She sighs and drops the parchment. "Who cares, LYNCH THEM!"

The crowd swarms in. The lizards beat the peasants with their clubs, shocking them with hellish red lightening. But the stalwart woman pushes past their ranks with only her mop to parry and thrust with. She raises it above her head, poised to strike at least one person down.
Who dies? Rudolph or archmage? And what happens next?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:16:58 pm by Fniff »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Rudolf the Red is the Marshal !)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Crud, I must have sped-read over that. Apologies! I'd claim a very very sudden in-between turns overthrowing happened, but it'd be easier just to edit it.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the OOC thread :
It has now been 72 hours, anyone/everyone is free to claim without an interrupt.

(I will claim if 6 hours pass without anyone claiming)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CLAIM: Bacon Rain (Weather)

"I will protect the Kingdom !" shouts Rudolf as he challenges the woman.
"I will see you trying !" answers back the woman.

The duel is raging and epic : the sound of mop crossing with the spear echoes in the room, and each warrior is displaying incredible skill with their weapon of choice.

Then with a devastating flurry of spinning mop strikers, the Almighty Janitor(ess) overwhelms the Marshal, who lose hold of his spear. A mop sweep in the hand sends the regal spear flying in the air, and it ends up at the farthest side of the room.

"This is over Marshal !"

The Janitor(ess) sends a mop upsweep to the head of the Marshal, knocking it two meter backward. Then she jumps high in the air, and at the same time the marshal lands on the ground, she delivers a last downward mop sweep on the Marshal's armor. The impact is so strong that the ground is sundered apart, and the armor shattered to pieces.
Rudolf spits a stream of blood, and says his last words :
"Long...live...the King..."

Then he drops dead.

Yet in the meantime, the Archmage was preparing a spell of huge power. Uttering incomprehensible words and tracing magical runes in the air, he is taking advantage of the time his friend bought him.
"Greasysalt, Porkcutlets, Deliciouswitheggs, Oilytaste, Muchflavor...BACON RAIN !"

And then he raises his arms, and powerful bolts of grease comes out of his arms, running wild across the room. Fat and oil covers the walls and the floor, but that is only the beginning.

Outside, the sky darkens, the clouds taking a smoky appearance. Then bacon begins raining down on the whole capital, preventing everyone from fighting because of the greasy bacon ! When they are not slipping on the slippery floor, people are eating the delicious pieces of bacon.

"What is this sorcery ! It will take ages to clean so much bacon !" shouts the Almighty Janitor(ess).
"This is only...the beginning ! Go Reptilian Guard ! Destroy them all !"

They are immune to bacon ! Such a devious plan from the Archmage. With such an advantage, they are mopping the floor with the peasants.

The Almighty Janitor(ess), seeing this destruction, searches in her apron for the thing she kept just for such an occasion.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

CLAIM: Pain Dust!

With that, the Almighty Janitoress pulled a small pouch full of red powder from her apron. With a mighty shout, she threw it at the reptilian guards!

"What in the- what was that?"

Shrieking and screeching followed as the reptilian guard spasmed with extreme pain.

"Pain dust! While it won't last long, it'll last long enough!"

The Almighty Janitoress took her mop, and began cleaning. Within seconds, the floors were clear of bacon. Though several of the townsfolk protested...

"Remember what we came here for!"

And they moved against the king and the Archmage. Again within seconds, the reptilian guard, normally easily able to defeat the peasants, were tied up. The Archmage began to tremble as the ruffians advanced. The King even more so. But the Archmage had two more plans prepared...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Why isn't anyone claiming :())

CLAIM: The Scale of Fate

Despite trembling in front of the resourcefulness of his enemies, the Archmage was confident. After all, with what he had in mind, he couldn't fail.

Nothing could stop him now. He was about to show the two secret plans of the Kingdom, that even the King didn't know of.

First, he unveiled a chaotic gold and black scale of large size, larger than a human head. It was the Scale of Fate. A legendary artifact said to have been given to the First King by the Great Dragon God.

The Scale shone with a dark golden light, and suddenly a strong beat was felt coming from the Reptilian Guard. To some, these four lizardmen were just beasts created by magic. But in truth, they were what one could call Angels of the Great Dragon God, currently in sealed form. And the Scale was the key to their Awakening.

The Four Lizardmen roared with a majestic might, and the same light coming from the scale could be seen glowing in their eyes and scales interstices.
They grew to massive size, breaking the ceiling.
A pair of regal wings of incredible span appeared in a blast of wind.
Their green scales turned golden and ebon in a flash of light.
The Four Archdragons were awakened.

All trembled in their crushing presence, even the Almighty Janitor. In a single divine voice, they said :
"We have been called forth by the Scale of Fate. As per the Contract with the First King, we are to be called if the Kingdom of Aldara is to be threatened."

Yet it wasn't over. The Scale had another power. The Scale would chose the worthiest King.

Now would be the moment of truth. On the surface of the scale, the face of a person appeared. This person was chosen by the Scale of Fate to revive the Kingdom of Aldara to its past grandeur.

"The Scale has chosen."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4