Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32755 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Ruins of Nosimoltar, "Kindgilt"

In 78, The Slippery Lances founded Kindgilt.

In the early spring of 171, the Forgotten Beast Rhab Jackalseduce the Evil of Terrors routed the Cremated Girder of the Slippery Lances and destroyed Kindgilt.

--------------

For nearly a century, Kindgilt served as the northernmost outpost of the Slippery Lances empire, a bulwark guarding the entrance to The Whimsical Road -- the only passable road from the Fresh Lakes southward into the heart of the mountain kingdom.  Ruined in a terrible catastrophe, the site has sat dormant for 30 years.  But now, a group of orcish explorers sets out to stake a claim.  Ostensibly, they seek only to build a simple tavern to supply weary travelers along the road; but in truth they surely seek to plunder the riches of the dwarven undercity.  And perhaps -- to explore rumors, whispering of a point of access to the secret dwarven Deep Roads....

Huh.  No trees.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 01:26:55 am by smakemupagus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

The Autumnal Dungeons, a quiet tavern.  A handful of orc homesteaders tend to their aurochs, and offer food and a warm bed to the occasional traveler at their crossroads inn.

The ruins of Old Nosimoltar buried underneath are still nearly deserted, although scouts have searched (so far in vain) for any sign of the great Catastrophe Beast that ended the fortress.  Looters have been dispatched to seek out crafts and useful anvils from the ruins.

Spoiler: "Old Nosimoltar" (click to show/hide)

Peons quarrying stone for new contruction unearthed a passage into an ancient roadway, deep underground, and dared to leave a small access open.  Perhaps the deepway portal will compel some adventurous travelers to pass through the lands, and spend a visit at the Autumnal Dungeons?

Spoiler: "The Deepway" (click to show/hide)

An ancient passageway continues far into the darkness, deep below Old Nosimoltar, until it opens surprisingly into a workspace illuminated with a blood-red glow.

Spoiler: "A Secret Chamber" (click to show/hide)

Turn complete!  Save is here:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12152
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:19:22 am by smakemupagus »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I'm playing now!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Great!  Good luck.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Latest 42.06 masterwork, yes? Before I do too much ;D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

The fort was started in MW 1.04 and definitely works if you load it in 1.05 (the latest 42.06 version).  I don't know if there's something that could go wrong if we run the save in 1.06 (the 43.03 version). 

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Ill keep in it 42

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Magma smelters!  The orcs have refitted some of the workstations to forges, using anvils and iron bars looted from the upper ruins.

Well played.  Hopefully, Orcs with magma stay far away from pitiful Nosimdok.  I never considered reclaiming sites before this thread.  Maybe there will be other players investigating the ... what?  Dozen?  in this world. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

It was a nice surprise to me too.  This magma vent is not too far below the surface, actually. 

You're not in too much danger (yet), It's not like they've crafted a great armory.  Just smelted a bit of galena :)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

I'm playing the succubi. How does the magma well work?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Nearly done. Save up tommorow. Succuni are nice

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Nice, I don't know much about succubi forts, looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

How do you satisfy lust as an adventurer?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Ah, succubus problems.  I don't know but wouldn't be surprised if it's not possible.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

Ah well....

i played a bit in fortress mode, but got bored, so made an adventurer... And I'm crossing the world to the fort i built.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15