Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 189052 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0: Hopefully with a slightly lower fatality rate this time.
« Reply #630 on: August 05, 2016, 12:17:43 am »

My apologies I should have explained this sooner.

I am not sorry.

Spoiler: GROOVY TREE! (click to show/hide)
[Accepted]

Spoiler:  MEDIC-K (click to show/hide)
Well you have two options, you could make a semi auto or single shot style air gun style dart gun yourself materials for it would be about 5 coins but you would need a  a heavy engineering kit in order to do that which you don't have or seem specialized in. Or you could hire someone to build you a single shot style one.

tldr you could buy an air powered one for 9 coins and a set of 7 darts for one coin.

Also I'm getting rid
Ugh, fine.

Changelog: even worse of a pilot, no longer a medic because screw you guys.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MJ, tell me if 4 Tokens is alright for a .45 revolver. Also, tell me what kinds of beasts I could get for >6 Tokens, and how much it would cost to rent a workshop with the equivalent to a beast kit.
4 tokens is fine for .45 revolver takes longer to reload and one less bullet so it seems fairly balanced. As for the beast, I would suggest a couple of bags for now. Don't worry next mission is a beast mission perfect for the aspiring beast master.

((Darn rule change. Screw it, I'm going Full Metal Daemonist. Could I get a daemon arm and daemon leg unimbued for 10 tokens each?))

When you say inert do you mean unimbued?

((Sorry if I won't have a character sheet up, got a really bad middle ear infection. I can't hear anything and my balance has gone to shit))
Damn, dude, from experience, ear infections suck. Hope it gets better soon.

((@Dustan
Your stats are fine, but you skills have one too many negative levels (you only need six negative levels for two +2s, you have seven), and I'm fairly certain you can't put stats down to -3.  I'm not completely sure because daemonism and beast mastery use a different system from the other stats, but I imagine they're locked to -2 minimum like everything else.

If you keep piloting at -1, put engineering down to -1, and leave daemonism and beast mastery at -2, you can start with your two primary skills at +2 without any long term inefficiency.))
(One, you are not the GM. Two, the skill/stat cap is stated to be -3 to+4 in OP. Three, I still need to know how much my dart gun will run me before I solidify my build.)

I'm sorry this is my fault. I was going to update the OP today to reflect the new ruleset but I didn't have time. Both daemonsim and beast mastery are locked to -2 minimum. This is partly so that you don't end up killing the entire party when you roll a negative 1, but also because otherwise it's needlessly confusing and complex.Again my apologies, I'll go fix that now.

EDIT: OP has been updated. Or at least it should have been updated.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:20:42 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 05, 2016, 12:43:09 am »

((Yeah, I meant unimbued. My phone autocorrected it for some reason.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 05, 2016, 12:45:27 am »

Just making sure. But yeah 10 coins per is fine for unimbued limbs with nothing special about them.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 05, 2016, 12:49:43 am »

((Could I get them upgraded or modified if I get more coins?))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 05, 2016, 12:53:39 am »

Probably. Would be cheaper and more FUN to ask a friendly engineer to do it, but yeah you could probably do that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 05, 2016, 12:57:54 am »

((Works for me. Do we get a turn or two of actions before we try to go on another mission? I want to imbue my stuff and  try to get that knife.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 05, 2016, 01:00:17 am »

Yes.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 05, 2016, 06:52:57 am »

Sheet edited, though I never intended to use daemonism or beast mastery (hence having -3 in both. It freed up some other stats for usage.)
On top of that, I added the dart guns cost, and the number of darts I was able to buy with my remaining money to the post. Check it over to make sure it matches up.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 05, 2016, 11:50:35 am »

Spoiler:  MEDIC-K (click to show/hide)
[accepted]

((Darn rule change. Screw it, I'm going Full Metal Daemonist. Could I get a daemon arm and daemon leg unimbued for 10 tokens each?))

[accepted]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:52:21 am by MidnightJaguar »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 05, 2016, 01:59:55 pm »

so jag, when does the next round start?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 05, 2016, 03:01:14 pm »

That depends do you mean by next round? Like when is the next turn coming? Or do you mean when is the next mission starting?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 05, 2016, 03:36:29 pm »

supposedly the next mission, unless you intend to toss me into the middle of a ongoing one?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 05, 2016, 03:42:11 pm »

Spoiler: char sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 03:45:08 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 05, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »

A couple of people need to do stuff so the mission should start in a couple of turns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 05, 2016, 07:40:51 pm »

Fuck bags. Those things are useless. Get me one dog-sized beast and let me stick a big damn dart thrower on it. And a workshop so I can have some semblance of a chance of success.
And change that Beast Kit on my sheet to a light one. I changed it after you said that you'd make the Beast Kit 10GP. But then you didn't. >:(
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:47:03 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 128