Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 188215 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston 2.0:Mission 5: Roast Beast
« Reply #1426 on: December 29, 2016, 02:19:16 am »

No matter. Rip and tear at its leg stump.
[resilience  5] You slowly drag your self along the ground towards the beast and the manic Groo,  [str 4] You stab your beast arm into the beasts stump and tear it off screaming THE WALL DOESN’T NEED TO WALK. BECUASE WALLS DON’T MOVE!
Throw more nets and attack with more tranquilisers!
[str 5] You hurl your net at the beast and it wraps around it’s remaining legs perfectly [beast str 2] The net begins to tear a bit but, it holds for now. Undaunted you hurl yourself, at the beast, holding a syringe that’s got a tube the size of three fingers and a needle that resembles a roundel dagger.  [beast mastery 2+3=5] [beast resilience 1] Jabbing your way past the bone plates, you stab the syringe directly one of the beasts major veins, and eyeballing the amount squeeze in just the right amount of tranquilizer into the beasts blood stream. You watch as it stops it’s thrashing and goes still. It does seem to still be bleeding a lot though, you reckon about two turns before it dies.

Keep away from the beast till  Damian is awake again
[str 2] You struggle to stay standing with the burden of Damian on you, However he seems to wake up now.

Groo keeps laughing and hacking at the beast!  Disarm it!  Unhand it!  Dehorn it!
[daemonsim 5+2=7]  [beast resilience 2] Continually laughing, Groo hacks his katana down towards the thrashing beast. One swift chop, takes the small little horns and a good bit of the skulls bone plate off the of the beast, while the next one takes the left rear leg of the beast. Right after that a net goes hurtling by Groo and he Aigreasur stabs the beast with a huge syringe.  Groo feels quite tired now. That hasn’t stopped his cackling though.

The beast seems to have gone still courtesy of the huge ass syringe sticking out of it’s chest. The rest of the beast seem to have scattered.  The beors corpse is still cooling, occasionally giving a little spout of flame from the ground around it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 29, 2016, 02:36:00 am »

((Huh. I thought Groo had grabbed rope from somewhere at some point. Would have made this so much easier. Also, MJ, what do you mean by Daemian waking up? He didn't pass out this time.))

"Damn, wish we had some rope. So, any of you folks want to take a shot at butchering that beor? If you fuck it up, we probably won't get paid. Might be better to haul the carcass back to the plane and let the spooks sort it out. That bull is probably worth some tokens too."

Go retrieve that bowie knife I threw if it is retrievable, along with any intact portions of the brain, entrails, and other gore that it tore out if I can get some coins for them. Recover more energy. Let the book daemon know I'll patch it up when we get home, and that it did a good job. Also, stay away from the bull beast.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 08:02:48 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 29, 2016, 02:43:09 am »

Start dragging corpses back to the plane, try to contact people using the radio or rather try to get the frequency and such while shoving the microphone into THE WALL!'s face
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:23:42 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 29, 2016, 04:39:50 am »

"FULTON IT."

Rip my shield off of the beast's face, and have a lay down on top of it.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 29, 2016, 09:05:31 am »

Why stop at just brains and gore?

Dismember all the limbs from the beast for use later as spare parts for our own beasts.

If Daiman permits, we should preserve brain and heart as well for PARTS AND SCIENCE!
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 29, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »

((Daemian doesn't care what you do with the bull corpse. The issue is that if you mess up on butchering the beor, we don't get paid. He wants to be paid.))

"Oh, you brought a Fulton? Because I didn't, and I don't really feel like wandering through the wilderness to find a Fulton kit and drag it back. Hell, wasn't there a little village or research facility or some shit we were supposed to visit before we went beast hunting?"

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 29, 2016, 04:17:29 pm »

((I feel like this could go really badly. I also remembered I have the daemon phone and could probably get the spook's assistant to get a plane to drop a Fulton for us and pass back to pick up the beor. Although I think of Aigresaur helps Groo butcher, they might be able to pull it off if the bonus is dynamic.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 29, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »

Phineous motions to his radio he has
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 29, 2016, 07:56:45 pm »

"ET PHONE HOME."

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:39 pm »

"Rawr Rawr Rawr I'm an Aigresaur!"
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 30, 2016, 04:04:25 am »

((Huh. I thought Groo had grabbed rope from somewhere at some point. Would have made this so much easier. Also, MJ, what do you mean by Daemian waking up? He didn't pass out this time.))

"Damn, wish we had some rope. So, any of you folks want to take a shot at butchering that beor? If you fuck it up, we probably won't get paid. Might be better to haul the carcass back to the plane and let the spooks sort it out. That bull is probably worth some tokens too."

Go retrieve that bowie knife I threw if it is retrievable, along with any intact portions of the brain, entrails, and other gore that it tore out if I can get some coins for them. Recover more energy. Let the book daemon know I'll patch it up when we get home, and that it did a good job. Also, stay away from the bull beast.
((Ah, sorry that was unclear, I just meant that you had recovered enough energy to stand on your own power. Poor choice of description on my part.))

Some what unsteadily you follow the bowie knifes trail of through the underbrush until you come across a massive oak, the knife seems to have impacted in the center of the trunk and has competlly crumpled up. It more resembles a metal slug than anything else, the blade nearly flat and wrapped against the hilt. As for what’s on the knife itself, it’s just blood, the actual gore mostly seems to have come out the rear of the beast before splattering on the ground by it.  You continue to recover more energy and feel a bit more steady on your feet.

You contact the book daemon. He still seems to be sobbing, but stops when you tell him good job and that you’ll try to fix him up when you get back to base. GOOD JOB? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME? WHY THE FUCKING HELL DID YOU CUT OFF MY DAMN HAND? AND WHY ARE YOU the demon pauses for a second clearly thinking about something, before continuing in a truly horrified voice”...going me to heal me a new hand, wait, I’m not here to act as an advisor for knives, I’m some kind of farm animal aren’t I, existing solely to be harvested for parts.” The daemon pauses again before starting to sob again and moans, “Please just kill me then. Don’t drag it out like this.  Please.”

"FULTON IT."

Rip my shield off of the beast's face, and have a lay down on top of it.
You retrieve you shield and relax on top of it’s battered surface. Completlly ignoring Phineaus

Start dragging corpses back to the plane, try to contact people using the radio or rather try to get the frequency and such while shoving the microphone into THE WALL!'s face
Everyone else seems kind of busy trying to hack the beasts apart so in the intrest of not getting hacked to bits you just try to get the frequency right [int 6] You manage to get the frequency nailed down, you get some weird interference from a couple of other stations but the sound qualities pretty good in total. The wall however totally ignores you. The radio operator is a little confused about the silence and background noise. Anyone there? Whats all that noise? Any one copy?

Why stop at just brains and gore?

Dismember all the limbs from the beast for use later as spare parts for our own beasts.

If Daiman permits, we should preserve brain and heart as well for PARTS AND SCIENCE!

[str 3+2(due to ] assist roll [Groo str 5] There is precious little of the beors internals left that would be considered enough to preserve a knife moving at about mach 3 really does a number on the internals.  Between the two of you though you manage to salvage enough bits of flame making organs that the Agents might actually pay you. Everything else is blasted beyond recognition

Groo cut up beastie!  Groo helpful, and good at cutting!" He smiles wide and pops some long pork jerky into his mouth to emphasive his point.

Groo will go help by butchering the beor's corpse!
please see Aigres post.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 30, 2016, 04:38:00 am »

Make Phenus drag me on my shield like a sled, back to the plane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 30, 2016, 10:05:26 am »

hand the wall back to the plane hand him the radio
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 128