Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Second Son (IC thread) (Issue #1: Farfield, Page 2: Kleptomania )  (Read 9294 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Here-- Lady Oakley, you don't need to do that. It's my store, and you're a customer, and you really don't need to go to the trouble." Despite his protestations, though, the shards inevitably got cleaned up one way or the other, and once they were disposed of, Wymond stood up and looks at Lillian again. "I... wouldn't mind lunch, though, I will admit. ... Say, was there something important coming up soon? I can't help but feel that I'm not going to be here much longer, though I... don't remember how or why or when..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

"Nonsense, of course I must. A customer could cut themselves." Lillian doesn't seem displeased by his protestations, but neither is she impressed. "And anyway, yes, I do have important things to discuss with you over lunch. They are not pressing, though I would like to know what you mean by what you just said."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He muttered for a moment to himself, before replying. "I-- today... isn't one of my better days, I recognize that much, but... I don't know, this morning I had this... this feeling that I wasn't going to be here after five days, or... days ago, or two days from now, I... can't remember exactly."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"......I've had a bad feeling about that, too, if I am to be honest."
Lillian quickly pours out some tea and gets out the quickly-edible food.
"Certainly, I feel as if something is going to happen in a week......but something else has been troubling me of late. I was going to ask you if you could assist me."

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Jack hesitated, looking around nervously. His hands fiddled with each other, as he struggled with how much to say to the stranger. He opened his mouth and then closed it again, then he took in a deep breath and finally spoke.
"Yes. Probably". The artist's gaze quickly shifted away, scanning the street in a futile attempt to spot his friend.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, I'd be glad to help, Lady Oakley. What is it that you need?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'm looking into the disappearance of a.....student of mine, Aldair King, being as you know that I am concerned for those I assist. He.....has not been home for a few days, so I was hoping that I could recruit your help in finding him. Perhaps he's just run away or perhaps simply is not at home, but if that had been the case, he would've left a note. I'd like to look for him to make sure that everything's alright. Just a little look-around, nothing serious. You can understand, can't you?"
Lillian carefully leaves out the truth of the matter about this whole investigation being in her Gear Sheriff persona. After all, Wymond didn't need to know just yet; polite as though he was, she was concerned that if he knew about her gallivanting, he would do something rash in an ill-advised attempt to 'protect' her. It wasn't that it was bad, but she was familiar enough with his chivalry to be wary.

Anonymity was key for the moment, especially with potential eyes on her.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:31:34 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Johanthans hands clenched tight as he took a step forward. "So you think there's someone behind it as well... Good.... I'm, glad." Johnathan shook his head, brow furled in consternation "Sometimes I feel like the paranoia is eating me alive, making me see conspiracies in the shadows... I've not... I've never seen any proof of them. Not really." Johnathan continues, speaking almost to himself now "But, you think they are after us as well? Good... Good. We can't. We can't give them what they want can we? We shouldn't be fighting. As much as it wants to be one... We can't fight when they are around us. We need... I'm not sure what we need. We need to know the truth." Johanthan says as he takes a few more steps towards the man. "We can't fight now now. Right?" he asks, look less sure of himself with every step.

"We certainly can fight...but, we probably shouldn't. Not now. I mean, logically speaking...there's someone else in all of this. A three way fight still means only one person walks away, but the odds are better individually for you and me.

So...from a logical viewpoint...I don't want to fight you..."
He says quietly. "And if we're not going to tear each other to pieces, I suppose you have some sort of plan?

...Oh, and...the note? I guess it was sort of a...joke."
He hands it to you. A fairly unsteady hand composed the note in rich black ink.

Quote from: handwritten note
You don't know who I am, but I know you. Just relax! This will all be over in week.

In the meantime, why don't you remember who you really are?

~MP

Star finally settles on commandeering a vehicle. They probably have some of those lying around, right? She hopes so. It's going to be a long run otherwise.

Indeed, there's more than a few vehicles at hand, without immediate owners.

~A bicycle parked up against a nearby wall. Cheap and only as fast as your legs can move, but quiet and nimble. Probably owned by a adolescent humanoid buying cold, sugar laced treats inside the store.
~A cart-o-mobile, suitable for two persons-one to drive, one to ride. It looks quite fast-you don't know anything about 'cars', but the smooth lines and red stripes indicate it was built for speed! You notice the young woman was driving it park, and run into Wymond Ledfords antique shop, and she hasn't come out yet.
~A van-o-trucker. You think it's carrying 'milk'-a sort of human refreshment made from squeezing...well nevermind...it's not going to be very fast, but it is heavy and you could potentially carry a whole group of sapients inside, not to mention keep them safe from bullets with it's reinforced metal walls. 

Hmm, what's a bit of larceny in the service of the greater good...

Aurora considered going down. It did seem a compelling argument. But then she considered, if they simply wanted to take her to get help, violence would not be their first resort as it had been. From a purely logical standpoint, they were spouting bullshit. They might have convinced her if they hadn't A: Attacked her friend, and B: Broken into her friend's house. But seeing as they had...

"Come up here and say it to my face, and then I might believe you. I won't shoot." As if. She was telling the truth about not shooting, but had no intention of going with them. She quietly opened the window, and got ready to turn into light form and escape once they were upstairs, but not in shooting range.

"Fair enough."

One of the Garbagemen (the 'leader') slowly mounts the stairs, at least visibly unarmed, though he doesn't putting his hands up. He gives you a bland look.

He speaks first, seeming to notice a look about you.

"Well, I guess they mucked everything up again. You're not responding to the programming anymore, are you...

I suppose this is where you ask me to tell you everything I know, what's going on, where are we, who am I, who are you? I've answered the question often enough before...even answered it to you, a few times...neither one of us can budge, however, and it always ends the same way...

I want to ask you a question, before we start, though-why do you persist as if the illusion you think this all is, is wrong? Why aren't you happy? You have everything you could want here. We make sure of that. You really want to wake up from all this?"

He seems genuinely interested in an answer.

"First of all, do any of me know where we are? Beyond 'in a tree', of course."

A nerdy looking Elysia speaks up, pushing her square glasses up with her thumb.

"There is a high probability of the happening therein we have entered a temporal fistula, pursuance of our unwise decision to buck the transportation vortice due to our innate youthful arrogance-since two beings cannot, by natural and dimensional laws, operate the same time/space constraints at any one time without massive trauma (both physical, spiritual and pan-dimensional), we were shunted as a whole to a sidereal reality, particularly one wherein no Elysia has ever or will ever exist-such a reality would be the only place we could end up safely...it's entirely possible many infinitudes of Elysia's just died, or worse, by congealing into fleshy masses upon other worlds...but, that's pure speculation on my part." She concludes.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:24:19 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"...ok, then, nerd Zwei! While thats very interesting, how do we get back?"

It would not be a lie to say Elysia was very intelligent. It would have to be noted, though, that she does not always apply that intelligence, part of the reason why she did not rule the world.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

"...ok, then, nerd Zwei! While thats very interesting, how do we get back?"

It would not be a lie to say Elysia was very intelligent. It would have to be noted, though, that she does not always apply that intelligence, part of the reason why she did not rule the world.

A Elysia in furs, wielding a large hammer offers her opinion.

"Perhaps we must zlay vun another? Only the ztrongest will zurvive!"

"I consider it unlikely removing one another will mean much in regards to our return state, but I suppose we will run out of food eventually and be forced to eat the weaker links. As for our return, it may indeed be impossible..." remarks Nerd-ysia

"...Is it cannibalism if you eat yourself? I've tasted lots of dishes, but never myself...." Says British Elysia, with a monocle and a large and ornate hunting rifle seemingly made of red glass.

"Hey, I know where there conversation is going! Bawk!" comments an Elysia who resembles a tasty little chicken.

An argument breaks out as everysia tries to speak at once.

It seems no one has any idea.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johnathan reads the note, his eyes brows raised in surprise. "They left a note? Confirmation it seems." He says as he reads it over. "Something's happening in a week?... We can't let them do... Whatever they want to do. We need a way to draw them out..." Johanthan steps up to William, uncomfortably close, and says in a low voice. "Maybe we should fight. Or at least pretend to. If we look like we hurt each other, that might draw whatever observers there are out to finish off the remaining one. Then we can ambush them together."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that was a request Wymond could readily agree to, fully cogent or not. "Of course, I'd ha happy to help in any way that I could, Lady Oakley, especially if it's a poor student who is missing. I will be ready to go as soon as you are."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lillian takes a sip of her tea. She closes her eyes and smiles at Wymond.
"In that case, have a small sandwich at least, so you can eat while we walk. It will do you no good to go without some food. It may be a while before we eat again."
She starts packing up, taking a sandwich for herself and leaving another for the shopkeeper.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wymond takes the sandwich with a smile. "Thank you kindly, Lady Oakley. Where will we be going first?" He takes a bite of the offered sandwich as he awaits her answer.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8