Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Mission: Complex Magic  (Read 13608 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission: Complex Magic
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2016, 10:56:26 am »

((The music link is broken.  I want my money back!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2016, 01:55:35 am »

Tap against the various walls, do any of them sound hollow (meaning the wall isn't very thick)? Cameyes teach me anything?

Send a drone through that one hallway we could fit through and scout ahead.

"Pan and Lars, move out through that hallway, once you find a bigger room I can catch up using a portal. I'll send a scout drone ahead to help, and check for an alternative way through here just in case."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2016, 08:01:36 am »

Brother Lars nodded.  "Yes, Blessed General."

Take that one pathway.  Carefully.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2016, 08:19:17 am »

"I think my internal music system is acting up. What a drag."

Go with Lars into the Pathway. Use his robot butt as cover and have Comrade be on the lookout for bad guys

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:01 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"The drone has to go ahead of them just in case there are more murder-cutter robots."

Wait.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2016, 10:03:20 am »

Tap against the various walls, do any of them sound hollow (meaning the wall isn't very thick)? Cameyes teach me anything?

Send a drone through that one hallway we could fit through and scout ahead.

"Pan and Lars, move out through that hallway, once you find a bigger room I can catch up using a portal. I'll send a scout drone ahead to help, and check for an alternative way through here just in case."

You tap the walls, probing for a hollow point. You find one, but, judging from a few more taps, it's only about a foot across.

You send a drone down the hall and have it look around. This room is luckily not the domain of an angry slapchop, but there are things here. Tiny mechanical things, about an inch or two across, with square bodies and 1 leg on each corner. They move in an odd fashion, always moving forward but sometimes switching sides or even walking while spinning. They seem to be able to move equally well in all directions and have no true forward face. On top of each of the little square things is an object, something that they are carrying. The objects vary in size. One carries a single bolt. A dozen band together to carry a larger piece of machinery. These little workers course through the room like a line of ants through the door to the right and out the door to the left.

The room itself is fairly uninteresting. Just a long, square tube with doors to the left, right and in the ceiling.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"The drone has to go ahead of them just in case there are more murder-cutter robots."

Wait.
You sit down and wait, idly flicking at chunks of rusted out metal.

"I think my internal music system is acting up. What a drag."

Go with Lars into the Pathway. Use his robot butt as cover and have Comrade be on the lookout for bad guys
Brother Lars nodded.  "Yes, Blessed General."

Take that one pathway.  Carefully.
You guys basically see what the drone saw. However, the good thing is that these bots seem completely apathetic about your existence; they just keep walking along like nothing has changed.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2016, 10:21:20 am »

"Kay then Pan, create me a portal so I can catch up.

It could be interesting to grab one of these bots to send back for analysis, but honestly we might wanna leave things as undisturbed as possible to avoid attracting any attention. Lest we fare like back in hunterbot robodrome, where Bishop cut up one of the builders and it attracted the attention of a hunter. Unless any of you think otherwise, I'd say we follow these little robots and see where they're going, seems as good a lead as any. All in favor?"

Step through portal if one is opened. Send drone through the door to the left, if no problems noticed start moving through it (stay well behind the drone). Be sure not to crush or touch the antbots if possible, if that wouldn't be possible wait with moving forward for now.

Again offer 1 portal remote to somebody on the other team.

"By the way, team 2, there was a hollow point inside that room, in case you want to take an alternative way. If not, I'd suggest you go through the door where the antbots are coming from and follow them upstream, so to speak, to see what you can learn."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2016, 02:04:06 pm »

I'll take the portal. Could have some fun with it. Oh, and keep charging.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2016, 05:26:08 pm »

"The feeling I got earlier indicated vaguely up.  It is still your call, Blessed General."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2016, 05:38:53 pm »

"The feeling I got earlier indicated vaguely up.  It is still your call, Blessed General."

"While I won't dismiss your gut feeling, this is the only real physical clue we've found in here. Plus, right now there were no easy ways to go up for people of our girth short of starting to demolish the place, and the path we're on might still curve upward later on. Still, if we get at a crossroads or don't know how to proceed, we'll be going up if possible."

I'll take the portal. Could have some fun with it. Oh, and keep charging.

"Ok then, I'll be relying on you to keep us connected."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2016, 06:16:33 pm »

"They're kinda cute though. I say we just follow the little blighters."

Create a portal for our robot general, if possible in a place where his fat ass won't crush a bunch of the little robots. Then start following the little robots, with Comrade on the defence.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2016, 08:20:33 pm »

"Okay.  May the light of Steve shine on our path."

Follow some robots.  Do not disturb the robots.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2016, 09:14:34 am »

Follow mode.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2016, 05:16:03 am »

Erm, nevermind....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:44:43 am by ZBridges »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2016, 12:21:05 pm »

Miya gets ported in and everyone follows the robots, being extra careful to not smash them into little pieces. The little ant trail of robots leads into the next room, which is empty and boring but contains several doors and large piles of scrap metal. The little robots deposit some things, take a few others, and the trail of them splits off into several smaller trials that go through different doors. The team follows the biggest trail, which is through a large hole in the ceiling. This leads to a nondescript metal shaft, followed by several rooms of machinery. A few ants often break from the group and deposit parts next to the machines like some sort of offering. The line of them as a whole continues up for a while until they enter a rather dangerous looking room. It's big, and there is a definite heat/radiation signal that looks promising in it, but motion sensors are also picking up lots of movement in the room. And not the movement of little ants. The kind of movement that stirs all the air in the room and makes sharp metallic noises.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6